cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

psmooth
I Plan to Stick Around

mine also went from open to in progres, i think its just to shut us up hahaha...oh rogers i never doubted you this whole time hahaha

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

@shaggyskunk wrote:

@Pierced wrote:

@shaggyskunk wrote:

@Pierced wrote:
GREAT job emailing Mobile Syrup Shaggyskunk and the rest who did! Thanks to Mobile Syrup too for investigating!

AMAZING what it takes to incite this beastly corporation into complying with our requests for transparency!...well, we got a little anyways, but Rogers left the possibility open for even more BS so who knows! I'll believe it when the phone is in my hands!

Hey Pierced...I need some advice...do you think that I should soak my phone in water BEFORE I turn it on 🙂

Hahaha! Looks like it might be near that time...in the ever remaining hope we have here. Drowning iy in Canadian maple syrup is best I believe. A sweet, slow finish. Then when you smash it against the wall or any other hard surface, most pieces will stay together for easy cleanupSmiley Very Happy

Well Maple-Syrup is great on snow!

I REALLY  hope that the folks here "almost crash"  MOBILESYRUP'S server with Thank You e-mails--------info@maplesyrup.com

I really don't think that this is a coincidence, & MOBILESYRUP'S action has brought this result.

I just replied to mobilesyrup.com and thanked them for putting the pressure on this corporation to deliver the goods. You should too!

BIG THUMBS UP everyone to MOBILESYRUP.COM and to SHAGGYSKUNK and the rest of those who emailed!!!

Now we wait for Round 3 for our statuses to be marked as "SHIPPED"...don't refresh your reservation page too quickly or your status will revert back to "OPEN" at number 1500 for another 2 months people! jk

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Pierced wrote:
From 518 and 519 to "IN PROGRESS"!!!

Thanks Shaggyskunk for emailing mobiliesyrup.com originally and thanks mobilesyrup.com for putting the pressure on Rogers to deliver the goods!

Now let's see how long it takes to ship..."progress" is relative.

Hey Pierced,

I am still hopeful that I will get that big job offer from rogers.....You know, keep the stink'n Shunks closer then your friends  🙂

While my Status has changed to "in progress"......there is no number at all....anymore?

JDAWG
I've Been Here Awhile
I was 850 this morning. Now it says my phone has been shipped.

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

@shaggyskunk wrote:

@Pierced wrote:

Thanks Shaggyskunk for emailing mobiliesyrup.com originally and thanks mobilesyrup.com for putting the pressure on Rogers to deliver the goods!

Hey Pierced,

I am still hopeful that I will get that big job offer from rogers.....You know, keep the stink'n Shunks closer then your friends  🙂

While my Status has changed to "in progress"......there is no number at all....anymore?

Me neither...just "IN PROGRESS"...you know as well as I do what Rogers means by progress so far!

philhouse
I Plan to Stick Around

On the Rogers Wireless Device page, if you filter by Android and then by LTE, it shows the HTC Raider, the Jetstream, and the Infuse!

It's funny that Rogers had so long to get ready for the SGS2 launch and it didn't even get anything ready for it...

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

@JDAWG wrote:
I was 850 this morning. Now it says my phone has been shipped.

Shipped or "IN PROGRESS"? Curious.

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

@Pierced wrote:

@shaggyskunk wrote:

@Pierced wrote:

Hey Pierced,

I think you'll get the job offer for sure. Residuals on each view of any sincerely "positive" comment you can make about the company. That way, they don;t have to pay youSmiley Wink

lillady
I Plan to Stick Around
It does say the Infuse as an LTE phone.... I guess somebody screwed that one up! Hopefully no one buys the Infuse thinking they are getting the new LTE phone 🙂

Major
I Plan to Stick Around

My Status says "IN PROGRESS".  I was at number 930 this morning.  Looks like good news.  I'll be happy before Valentine's Day

mvasili
I Plan to Stick Around
Dont' get your hopes up. "In Progress" is the latest.. "Early as next week". I'm at 23 on the list and until I get notification that it is either shipped or arrived I will not believe them.

I can just imagine the meeting at Rogers this morning. "Switch everyone to "in progress" and let the monkeys dance for us."

shaggyskunk

@Pierced wrote:

@Pierced wrote:

@shaggyskunk wrote:

@Pierced wrote:

Hey Pierced,

I think you'll get the job offer for sure. Residuals on each view of any sincerely "positive" comment you can make about the company. That way, they don;t have to pay youSmiley Wink

Well, I'll take a "flier" and guess that one thing is for sure...Rogers would not want me working for Bell or Telus...although with a screenname like shaggyskunk...I might be a better fit with Telus' Ad Campaigns...ya know lizards, cute fuzzy animals and all.

Pierced, Thank You for e-mailing  your thanks to MOBILESYRUP !!!!  They probably did not get offered Tea & Crumpets when they questioned Rogers on the SGll  .... 

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

@Major wrote:

My Status says "IN PROGRESS".  I was at number 930 this morning.  Looks like good news.  I'll be happy before Valentine's Day

WOW! That's a very optimistic timeline! I was thinking next Canada Day launch because it would be better for marketing and the S2 would already have that "retro" feel as a sales incentive. That could have be your first "positive comment" residual from Rogers...they'll be knockin' soon I'm sure.

shaggyskunk

@mvasili wrote:
Dont' get your hopes up. "In Progress" is the latest.. "Early as next week". I'm at 23 on the list and until I get notification that it is either shipped or arrived I will not believe them.

I can just imagine the meeting at Rogers this morning. "Switch everyone to "in progress" and let the monkeys dance for us."

Monkeys might dance, but Skunks don't.  Remember MOBILSYRUP has asked to be updated on the progress AND the delivery...I doubt that anyone in Rogers meeting this morning, would like to see another similar article in the media on Monday!  Who knows, the article that MOBILESYRUP published this morning may just get picked up by other Publications, or worse...other carriers!

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

@Pierced wrote:

@Major wrote:

WOW! That's a very optimistic timeline! I was thinking next Canada Day launch because it would be better for marketing and the S2 would already have that "retro" feel as a sales incentive. That could have be your first "positive comment" residual from Rogers...they'll be knockin' soon I'm sure.

Woops! sorry Major. Thought you were Shaggyskunk so you probably don't know what I was referring to about residuals, haha. Flippin redundant avatars are **bleep** me up! You all look the same, I'm freakin out! AHHHH!

shaggyskunk

@Pierced wrote:

@Pierced wrote:

@Major wrote:

Woops! sorry Major. Thought you were Shaggyskunk so you probably don't know what I was referring to about residuals, haha. Flippin redundant avatars are **bleep** me up! You all look the same, I'm freakin out! AHHHH!

My Avatar is the one with the white stripe.

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

@shaggyskunk wrote:

@Pierced wrote:

@Pierced wrote:

@Major wrote:

My Avatar is the one with the white stripe.

Hahahaha! oh ya, stupid me, now I see it!

amsid
I Plan to Stick Around

**bleep** idk what to do now... do i go and return my Raider and hang on to my 3GS until the SGS2 finally comes or do I hold on to this Raider and hope that it comes in the next 2 weeks 😞 😞

Major
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks a lot mvasili.  Now I'm re-envisioning that Valentine's Day delivery.

Smiley Sad

Major
I Plan to Stick Around

That's OK Pierced. 

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

@amsid wrote:

**bleep** idk what to do now... do i go and return my Raider and hang on to my 3GS until the SGS2 finally comes or do I hold on to this Raider and hope that it comes in the next 2 weeks 😞 😞

As long as you're not "holding" your breath for the phone to arrive any time soon, I'd hold on to what you do have and breathe a little that you have something at least unlike the rest of us.