cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

drummergurl21
I Plan to Stick Around

psmooth:
how fast are you moving?
ive been hearing different people moving at different speeds so i must question this, evewn if it may be sarcasm....i only moved one spot to 350.....some have said they moved 250 spots since last week.....
: S

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh and I would start an Occupy Rogers FB page except for the fact that I don't feel like being on any type of Federal agency's watchlist over a **bleep** phone, haha, although there are many other reasons why someone might (to stay on topic, I'm angrily referring to the Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE which should be in my hands well...should have been in my hands last month already!!!)

mvasili
I Plan to Stick Around

Still 23 on the list... still no news mid week through the infamous "Early as next week". They have posted the Raider and the Razr on their phones page now though. Soooooo I went to Rogers store at their main office on Bloor st. so I could see them, maybe like them... get off this S2 LTE train...

Would you believe their main store had no Razr on display, no Raider and not even a Jetstream.  That certainly doesn't bode well for getting an S2 LTE anytime in the near future. 

I wouldn't expect anyone to receive a notification now. I will assume that they will just send out phones to all the stores, put out a mass announcement saying to go to the store and you should be okay to pick one up.... if they have enough in stock.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@drummergurl21 wrote:
@shaggyskunk wrote:
Hey Drummer, you are the observant one aren't you!! Could it be that.....no...really...rogers is going to do something so FANTASTIC that all will be forgotten & forgiven?

now now, i dont think we should get tooo excited....no reason to get false hopes...AGAIN!
lol

but back to the email, please update us if Ian emails you back.....i hope you did respond to him and i REALLY Hope that he does a story on this.....thats how these kinds of things get heard of right? get media attention and we'll have our way.....just like the protests...they all end up getting their way......
we should all take pictures of ourselves with protest signs and upload them to our avatars on here....its like a cyber-protest : D

Drummer...Of course I replied to Ian at MOBILESYRUP, ( a good Canadian Company), and I urged him to "investigate & report".  rogers did the wine & sleaze with their big "we are the first in Canada splash", it only fair that the dark & dusty side of the story reach the light of day,

Believe it or not....I discovered that I had received a number (let's just leave it as "a number") of thoughtful messages from rogers Daryl, or was it is other brother Daryl...or the 3rd guy, what's his name? oh yeah Daryl...that this "certain number" of my comments had been removed....MAN, I am glad that I was sitting down!

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

@Pierced wrote:

Oh and I would start an Occupy Rogers FB page except for the fact that I don't feel like being on any type of Federal agency's watchlist over a **bleep** phone, haha, although there are many other reasons why someone might (to stay on topic, I'm angrily referring to the Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE which should be in my hands well...should have been in my hands last month already!!!)

I bet you they kept this post as a deterrent to others thinking of starting an Occupy Rogers FB page, hahaha. All other posts related to Occupy Rogers have been deleted, hahaha...this really does pinch a Rogers nerve!!! Where is our Freedom of Speech?!!!

To quote Wikipedia:

The right to freedom of expression is recognized as a human right under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and recognized in international human rights law in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR). Article 19 of the ICCPR states that "[e]veryone shall have the right to hold opinions without interference" and "everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice".

An Occupy Rogers FB page is not a crime and neither is protesting!!!

Just give us our **bleep** phones already or update us at the least and watch us walk away!!!

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around
Just got a call from Rogers Wireless with no ID! They never left a message. I never get calls from them. This is really messin with the system I guess! Better not speak up people or the Rogers Meat Men will be at your door to shut you up!

Geeez! Just give us our phones please so we can stop having to resort to acting like angry children to get our way!

shaggyskunk

Hey Drummer...Notice that roger darrel has been working overtime..Editing the Forum back to Re: Samsung Galaxy S2!!  Looks like someone at rogers made a boo-boo...The S3 Announcement was not supposed to come out until Nov. 17th.   Ssshhhh.

shaggyskunk

@Pierced wrote:
Just got a call from Rogers Wireless with no ID! They never left a message. I never get calls from them. This is really messin with the system I guess! Better not speak up people or the Rogers Meat Men will be at your door to shut you up!

Geeez! Just give us our phones please so we can stop having to resort to acting like angry children to get our way!

Hey Pierced...maybe it was an invite to a Gala for the Second, First release of the SG2....or is it SG3 now?  I am confused...

cor315
I Plan to Stick Around

So is this the GS2 version that Rogers is getting?

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s_ii_skyrocket_i727-4303.php

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
IIf it is then look at this

480 x 800 pixels, 4.5 inches (~207 ppi pixel density) compare too the HTC Raider that is 540 x 960 pixels, 4.5 inches (~245 ppi pixel density)

Compare both of them : http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4303&idPhone2=3958

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

@shaggyskunk wrote:

@Pierced wrote:

Hey Pierced...maybe it was an invite to a Gala for the Second, First release of the SG2....or is it SG3 now?  I am confused...

Hahahaha! Ya SG3 would be nice! Either would be great right now so I can drown my BB and smash it to pieces once and for all!!!

shaggyskunk

@Pierced wrote:

@shaggyskunk wrote:

@Pierced wrote:

Hahahaha! Ya SG3 would be nice! Either would be great right now so I can drown my BB and smash it to pieces once and for all!!!

Well, as for that phone call...I now realize that I have developed a strange aversion to non-descript 4 dorr sedans and men in trench coats.  I am also keeping an eye open for rogers TEAM 6 and listening for quiet helicopters.....Remember...if I seem to be absent from this Forum....GET HELP!

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

If you think Rogers should fess up to this HUGE blunder and at least give us an explanation for the delay, please "like" this post to show them that's what the PEOPLE who help put food on their tables want!!! 

THEY'RE OBVIOUSLY WATCHING US CLOSELY BUT THE SILENCE CONTINUES...!!!

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around
Is it just me or is this getting seriously pathetic? What more is there, rationally that is, to talk about in regards to the SG2? Enlighten me a little...I think I'm done ranting for now.

psmooth
I Plan to Stick Around

i might just buy the phone right from the samsung site and get it unlocked if it already isn't.

amit916
I Plan to Stick Around

Can you do that? I'm getting fed up with this situation too... what phones can actually take advantage of HSPA+ speeds (I could care less about LTE)

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

The S2 and HTC Raider for sure, but I'm sure there are a few, if not a bunch that are equipped to take advantage of the "4G" technology.

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around
i too sent a message to mobile syrup to advertise this i think we all should

amit916
I Plan to Stick Around
I meant, what non Roger's phones take advantage of the HSPA+ speeds...

I like the T-Mobile/Telus/Rogers GS2 one with no front buttons...I don't like the look of the Bell version.

I don't understand why we don't all boycott this and everyone cancel there reservations for the S2? That will teach  Rogers a lesson!!! Seriously! No, I'm very serious!!! Whos is in? Lets put a date on it. Say, by this friday?

shaggyskunk

@shortydm11 wrote:
i too sent a message to mobile syrup to advertise this i think we all should

Good stuff shorty!  It's pretty crazy that the rogers forum moderators seem to spend more time deleting/editing comments, rather then rogers providing a straight, honest answer.

If rogers enjoys basking in the media attention let them....they just need to remember that the media, for the most part is neutral.  Certainly rogers must realize that this forum is as close to an internet version of Lord of the Flies, as one could imagine.  Having rogersDan or RogersMary reading the comments, but failing to take any action to bring this issue to a resolution...is, to say the least PATHETIC!

I have a feeling that many would likely light their torches and gather their pitch-forks, if this was another time.  Social Media would take the place of those torches & pitch-forks, and I'd bet, that someone may have already "opened that Pandora's box".

It's really quite simple....ROGERS, respond to your customers with an Honest, Direct, Specific, Intelligent answer, & not an answer that reads like it was written by a politician or a lawyer!