cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

philhouse
I Plan to Stick Around

@derickma wrote:

Can you get the bell GS2 fro futureshop off contract.? I went to a soruce they said he has to sell the virgin mobile on contract

I'm assuming because I'm a coustomer Rogers and I have a contract so they can treat me like garbage untill my contract is up .. well I've had it I'm going to let my contract run out then cancel ALL my services I'm not going to pay a company 300 a month for them to treat me like this. when retention asks why I'm removing all my services I'll mention this page.

so if anyone can tell me where to get the bell Samsung Galaxy S2 off contract let me know.

White:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875176310

Black:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875176292

derickma
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks guys Rogers has untill the end of this week I might even do it after it ships I may loose my $40 but it's still cheaper than a 3 year plan !

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You wont lose the $40. It will get credited back into your account once the Device has been shipped form the warehouse. Once you get a shipping email ( whenever that will be) it will tell you the 40$ fee was been credited back into your account. If your status is still OPEN by the time you get the SGS2 from bell then you can just go online & cancel it & the 40$ fee gets credited back to you.

jackferret
I Plan to Stick Around

Any weight behind the November 8th release date? And is that a public release date or a tenative shipping date for the rest on the reservation list?

nonie444
I've Been Here Awhile
I too, have been waiting for the S2. I read this page every day and it is so frustrating. It's such a downer. I'm so tired of reading all of the complaints. ROGERS!! please, please, please give us some positive feedback on the release of this phone. I live in Thunder Bay ON and have my contract with Tbaytel who have just amalgamated with Rogers. For some reason I was unable to use my account no to reserve the S2 on your site. If people that have reservations have little hope of getting the phone anytime soon, where does that leave me !!!! "VERY FRUSTRATED!!"

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around

i'm starting to wonder why rogers made us pay $40 to reserve a device.

you can cancel at anytime and get the money credited to your account.

their weekly update email doesn't help anything.

i was expecting weekly update email was to be more detailed, or at lease explaining why such a delay is happening with getting phones in stock.

i still think less than 10 ppl got the phone at this moment because my position in reservation system in dropping unconsistantly, and this is probably because of ppl canceling reservation

gnich
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, Rogers.  I ordered an unlocked S2 off Newegg. By the time I paid my early upgrade fee, it worked out to be around the same price anyway.  And now i have an unlocked phone with no new 3 year contract.  LTE data doesn't matter to me anyway, and I prefer a 4.3" screen over 4.5", which is kinda too big anyway.

Other have expressed this same sentiment in this thread.... despite all the frustration surrounding this whole SGS2 release fiasco, for me it may be a blessing in disguise; because if I still have not received my SGS2 by the time Rogers announces a release date for the Galaxy Nexus, I *might* just be able to hold out for that.  If the SGS2 had become available through Rogers this week or last week, there's no way I would have had the discipline or self-control NOT to buy it immediately.  But the Galaxy Nexus looks SO SEXY and I really, really want it... but I also REALLY to get rid of my 5 year old piece-o-junk Blackberry Curve as soon as possible.  It will be so hard not to just buy the SGS2 immediately, when it's FINALLY available.... rather than hold out for the Galaxy Nexus.   But I know it would be much smarter of me and I'll be much more satisfied in the end if I hold out for it.

On an unrelated note, I am going to mention this thread and all of the disappointed customers on here next time I see Mr. Mohammed, as I do run into him occasionally.

On an additional unrelated note, I just want to give props to shaggyskunk for constantly injecting much-enjoyable humour and wit into these forums.  Your posts make me laugh every time, shaggy!   🙂

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around

@gnich wrote:

Well, Rogers.  I ordered an unlocked S2 off Newegg. By the time I paid my early upgrade fee, it worked out to be around the same price anyway.  And now i have an unlocked phone with no new 3 year contract.  LTE data doesn't matter to me anyway, and I prefer a 4.3" screen over 4.5", which is kinda too big anyway.

isn't s2 lte $199 with 3yr contract plus early upgrade fee (around $30-$40??)

how much did you get your s2?

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@tman41 wrote:

Other have expressed this same sentiment in this thread.... despite all the frustration surrounding this whole SGS2 release fiasco, for me it may be a blessing in disguise; because if I still have not received my SGS2 by the time Rogers announces a release date for the Galaxy Nexus, I *might* just be able to hold out for that.  If the SGS2 had become available through Rogers this week or last week, there's no way I would have had the discipline or self-control NOT to buy it immediately.  But the Galaxy Nexus looks SO SEXY and I really, really want it... but I also REALLY to get rid of my 5 year old piece-o-junk Blackberry Curve as soon as possible.  It will be so hard not to just buy the SGS2 immediately, when it's FINALLY available.... rather than hold out for the Galaxy Nexus.   But I know it would be much smarter of me and I'll be much more satisfied in the end if I hold out for it.

On an unrelated note, I am going to mention this thread and all of the disappointed customers on here next time I see Mr. Mohammed, as I do run into him occasionally.

On an additional unrelated note, I just want to give props to shaggyskunk for constantly injecting much-enjoyable humour and wit into these forums.  Your posts make me laugh every time, shaggy!   🙂

Thanks TMAN!!   I actually work for Bell....& trying to sell these Winphones has turned my brain into MANGONAISSE....

IT'S A JOKE!!

ambroseh
I Plan to Stick Around

I'd like to know which next week they're talking about?  This one or the next one?  This is insane..

Arkham
I Plan to Stick Around

@gnich wrote:

Plus you have a better performing phone overall with the Exynos/MALI combination, even at 1.2Ghz.  This Qualcomm LTE version isn't what I was expecting, so I'm going to suck it up and wait for the GS3 or whatever's suitable in Spring.

Jimmylegs
I Plan to Stick Around

I too cancelled my reservation yesterday. I went to Bell, played with the Galaxy S2 then went to Rogers and played with the HTC Raider.  I ended up with the Raider.  My major concern was battery life but at this point it is exceeding what I thought it would.  I will easily get a day.  It is a really nice phone.  I am a fan of the HTC sense.  It is a very solid phone and feels very high quality.  Absolutely no regrets. 

Samsung Galaxy S2

Ryan_U
I'm Here A Lot

I'll be waiting for the Nexus or the S3.  The S3 will probably be announced in february so that is only three months away.  I'm just coming on this site everyday for the entertainement. 

Also props to the Rogers guy who brought the conversation back on track.   I just wonder what the tech meetings are like at Rogers.  "OK everybody, today we will make sure that all posts are about the original subject.  Don't answer any of the questions or else you are fired.  Now get back to work"

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around

i want to wait for s2 too but i'm kinda worried,

i mean s2 lte is already old device, we will have to pay full retail price for s2 lte which was released several months ago.

theres no guarantee that rogers will bring in s3 within couple of months after the phone is released.

kid_icarus
I Plan to Stick Around

I agree.

S2 LTE = $199

considering the S2 was released in Korea back in April it's half a year old now.

HTC Raider & Motorola Razr are brand new products and both are listed at 149.

I don't see the justification in this. Is the S2 that much more of an amazing product to justify the extra $50?

Even the iphone 4s is $159 and in a year the 4s will have a higher resale value than ths S2 Lte I bet. (not that this matters)

but in terms of the pricing economics, I really don't follow what makes the S2 Lte THAT MUCH more special than newer and upcoming phones.

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

I just want everyone to get their phones NOW so that we can all complain to the Rogers monopoly even faster at the speed of LTE!!!Smiley Wink

y2whisper
I Plan to Stick Around

just came from a rogers dealer that stated last he heard was the 8th (he too is waiting for it as he will be looking to get one for himself a week after) So he is hoping for that. I was tempted to just grab the raider but I think I am going to try to wait out one more week and see.

shaggyskunk

Some may remember that I sent in a "comment" to Mobilesyrup, below is my original e-mail, along with a reply FROM Moblesyrup...NOW, maybe rogers will get some public attention that it does not like;

----- Original Message -----
To: solomon xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 10:59 AM
Subject: Re: Contact: Roger's BIG Samsung SGll LTE SPLASH a "fraud"?

> Hi Solomon,
>
> Thanks for the email. Honestly, I had no idea this was happening.
>
> Is this the thread you're talking about:
> http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Android/thread-id/1732/page/98
>
>
> Best,
> Ian
>
>
>
> On Wed, 02 Nov 2011 10:12:40 -0400, solomon wrote:
> Name: solomon
>
> Email: solomon>
> Subject: Roger's BIG Samsung SGll LTE SPLASH a "fraud"?
>
> Message: While it's great that you guys followed and geez, kind of
> enabled Rogers to get the Headlines about being 1st in Canada...
> How about a follow up on the fat that Rogers is keeping 1,000+ angry
> customers in the dark about a phone that they have PAID to reserve! go
> have a peek at rogers Forums on the SGll LTE, and REPORT this
> nonsense!!

I wonder if rogers will bother to inform the good folks on this Forum now?

It's somewhat unrelated, but there's this article

http://gizmodo.com/5855571/this-asteroid-is-getting-way-too-close-to-earth

Basically there's an asteroid that will pass not too far from the Earth on the 8th of November. So I'm wondering if Rogers picked that date hoping that the asteroid would actually hit the Earth so that they wouldn't have to deliver this smartphone?

shaggyskunk

@Grundic wrote:

It's somewhat unrelated, but there's this article

http://gizmodo.com/5855571/this-asteroid-is-getting-way-too-close-to-earth

Basically there's an asteroid that will pass not too far from the Earth on the 8th of November. So I'm wondering if Rogers picked that date hoping that the asteroid would actually hit the Earth so that they wouldn't have to deliver this smartphone?

I am thinking that rogers would like it to hit me....