cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

LxAntolak
I've Been Here Awhile

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Considering that Samsung's Q3 Shipments almost doubled Apple...just where did they go....

shaggyskunk

@LxAntolak wrote:

Has anyone seen this:

http://redboard.rogers.com/2011/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-lte-smartphone-to-ship-as-early-as-next-week/

what are your thoughs real or bull?

"as early as next week"...leaves loads of "wiggle-room"!  Either rogers is getting their advice on how to treat their cusotmers from politicians or lawyers.....

shaggyskunk

I am seriously wondering if I should sign into My Rogers and let them know that my Sg2 is either lost or stolen....HA.

westcoastgeek
I Plan to Stick Around

I am cancelling my SG2 reservation. I only have a few months to pay out on my plan and I may go looking at Bell or Telus for other options. There is no longer a wow factor to this phone anymore, as all the others are starting to arrive, and this way I can read all the feed back from the early adopters and make a more informed decision as to which one I really want. In the meantime I will play with jailbreaking my iphone 4s and porting SIRI onto it 🙂

Good luck to you all and I hope you get your phones soon. Anyone behind 422 is now 1 number closer 🙂

shaggyskunk

I am just relieved that this was not a Dinner Reservation...........

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

I was just on the phone for my daily call to Rogers asking about the Galaxy Nexus.  The rep was looking up info on Google and quoting me speculation.  I can look that up myself.  I always thought that when you wanted answers you should go to the source. Now, it turns out, Google provides the answers TO the source.

Why is it that Rogers can announce an Apple product and it's available the next week.  They can announce an HTC product and it's avaiable the next day.  They announce a Samsung product and two months later you still can't buy it.  Google and Samsung announce one of the most highly anticipated phones EVER and two weeks later no one at Rogers knows ANYTHING about it, Not WHEN they'll have it, not even IF they'll have it.  What the heck is going on at this company?  Are they totally clueless?  Has anyone at Rogers ever taken a marketing class?  Has anyone at Rogers ever HEARD of marketing?  Because guys, you're doing it wrong.

They shipped 10 devices just to clain that they were the first to launch an LTE Smartphone in Canada

I just got off the phone and not sure if it was mentioned, but LTE devices also require a special LTE contract (even though another rep told me the opposite a couple of weeks ago). Even though I got transfert to retention, here's the 'special' offer that I got:

- 200 weekday minutes

- 2GB data (extra data costs 10$/GB)

- Unlimitted weekends and evenings from 6pm

- One of the three options:

1) double minutes

2) Top 5 (Canada, unlimitted)

3) Unlimitted text mesages

and all that for $60 + tax...

The rep didnt even sound interested in keeping me. When I asked about cancelling my contract and going with Telus, he just gave me the fees and the details. I had to aask myself for an offer that could make me stay with Rogers. That offer is pretty bad though, so I'm most probably abandoning my #28 reservation spot and going with a different provider...

shaggyskunk

@Grundic wrote:

I just got off the phone and not sure if it was mentioned, but LTE devices also require a special LTE contract (even though another rep told me the opposite a couple of weeks ago). Even though I got transfert to retention, here's the 'special' offer that I got:

- 200 weekday minutes

- 2GB data (extra data costs 10$/GB)

- Unlimitted weekends and evenings from 6pm

- One of the three options:

1) double minutes

2) Top 5 (Canada, unlimitted)

3) Unlimitted text mesages

and all that for $60 + tax...

The rep didnt even sound interested in keeping me. When I asked about cancelling my contract and going with Telus, he just gave me the fees and the details. I had to aask myself for an offer that could make me stay with Rogers. That offer is pretty bad though, so I'm most probably abandoning my #28 reservation spot and going with a different provider...

I thought that I had read/ heard that there was some sort of deal for $50.00 pm, data & voice?

shaggyskunk

How do you insert, copy, paste a photo into a message?

NatX
I Plan to Stick Around

@Grundic wrote:

I just got off the phone and not sure if it was mentioned, but LTE devices also require a special LTE contract (even though another rep told me the opposite a couple of weeks ago).

Yes this has been mentioned, but I don't think anyone has posted the correct info on the forum yet. RogersKeith  and RogersChris responded to numerous questions aksing if the SGS2 would require a LTE plan or if it would only be shipped to those in LTE areas.

http://redboard.rogers.com/2011/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-lte-smartphone-to-ship-as-early-as-next-week/

and yet here we are five days later and people are still giving incorrect information.

Quoting RogersKeith: "Customers with LTE devices can choose between LTE plans or other in-market plans. However, if you’re on a non-LTE plan and travel to an area with LTE, your phone won’t be configured to take advantage of these faster speeds and lower latency."

Quoting RogersChris: "Kyle, you don’t need an LTE plan to get this phone. Whoever you spoke to made a mistake and I’m going to make sure I let the right people know that some CSRs may be giving customers such as yourself incorrect info. Thanks for bringing this to our attention."

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

While there is no doubt there is incorrect information floating around, the correct answers have also been given here several weeks ago.  If there were moderators here, one would have hoped to see the incorrect information corrected or removed. Since we are largely a self-moderating forum it doesn't happen.  Whether that's because we are unsure of our information (not surprising since Rogers won't answer us directly) or just too polite to correct others, I don't know.  Rogers could do worse than to come into this discussion and do some hiring.

NatX
I Plan to Stick Around

+1 for throwing up a FreeWebs forum and walking away 😉

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around
After reading the specs and watching the several videos of the HTC Raider LTE, I feel like jumping ship and purchasing that one instead. UI looks awesome, don't know about the glass since I don't think it can be compared to super amoled plus and the battery kinda sucks... but a few adjustments(low brightness, wifi off etc) can increase battery life and a screen protector.

NatX
I Plan to Stick Around
I was thinking the same thing, but I have Samsung TVs and really want to play with AllShare. Even if it turns out to be a flop it's a neat toy.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Listen i have owned most of the Samsung devices ( Android) & HTC & iPhones. They all die fast. The battery needs to be upgraded but with the power the all take they all die fast. Even the most powerful battery still dies fast.

I am buying the HTC Raider tomorrow morning & seeing how it works & all. I am not using it on LTE. I will be using it on my 6GB data plan i have. No need for LTE ( since its still a lot for a few gives.)

shaggyskunk

At this point...I am REALLY starting to think that the SG2 we reserved, will be substituted for the Nexus??  I have a hard time really believing that rogers is in such a state of chaos,..There must be something else going on.

Either that, or when I go pick up some milk this morning, I'll see an SG2 device on the side of the milk carton..

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
I like thick comments, what's wrong with rogers every one have the gs2 only rogers don't have, bell have it telus have it these are the largest carrier
I Think we will see chater mobile and mobilicity will have the phone shortly before rogers!!!!!
Now every one will tell me rogers is the first who released the LTE phone!!! Where is this phone any one have it??????

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
Ohhhhhh ok 10 people in Canada have the phone right?
You know what there are more than 10 people winning the lottery every day!!! To have the phone u should be either so lucky or not with rogers

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
Guys there will be no galaxy product from rogers no s2 or nexus because these 2 smartphone hit the apple product
apple sales only 18 million but the galaxy sales is 28 million which is product of Samsung