cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

pklungel
I've Been Here Awhile

I find it weird that the SGS2 is still not on the regular rogers.com product pages.  The Motorola RAZR is there now (pre-order it looks like).  If Rogers is committed to this phone, wouldn't they place it on their regular Wireless page?

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@philhouse wrote:

If I stay on the waitlist and it gets shipped to my local store, can I still decide not to get it and get my $40 back? Or once it is shown as shipped am I stuck with getting it?

Personally, I don't see why rogers should refund your $40.00 if you don't take the phone.  If you see that your STATUS is "open" go and cancel if you want...better to do it now instead of possibly engaging in a discussion you don't want.

READ the FAQ in the e-mail notice you received.

drummergurl21
I Plan to Stick Around
thanks SO much TIM!
hope youre liking the device....

sadly, its not the matte finish i had hoped for

y2whisper
I Plan to Stick Around

agreed otherwise people would be jumping on waitlists just for the heck of it. I can understand though if they don't give you an affordable upgrade option when it comes in.  A base price should be established once you reserve your item.

philhouse
I Plan to Stick Around

@shaggyskunk wrote:

Personally, I don't see why rogers should refund your $40.00 if you don't take the phone.  If you see that your STATUS is "open" go and cancel if you want...better to do it now instead of possibly engaging in a discussion you don't want.

Well, currently I'm on a voice only plan and depending on what they offer me in terms of a data add-on I'd like the option to decline. I don't want to re-sign my plan now and not get any phone, so I'm stuck waiting for it to come out and seeing at that time...

shaggyskunk

Well, the "excitement" of the week of the 18th has come and gone.  Rogers has A VERY HOLLOW "victory for being 1st in Canada with "phones" on the LTE system.  You would think that rogers had gotten into POLITICS with the "true but not really true" claim to fame???

Say, TIM! How are you finding the speeds on the LTE network?  I have an HSPA+ Rocketstick which has NEVER, EVER seen double digit download speeds...hope that the LTE network will deliver on it's promises.... 

shaggyskunk

@philhouse wrote:

@shaggyskunk wrote:

Well, currently I'm on a voice only plan and depending on what they offer me in terms of a data add-on I'd like the option to decline. I don't want to re-sign my plan now and not get any phone, so I'm stuck waiting for it to come out and seeing at that time...

Phil, if you are uncertain, just cancel, wait for the dust to settle.  Any changes made to your plan will be reversed....the IMPORTANT thing is, DON'T WAIT until your status changes from open to anything else.  Up to this point, you have made an agreement with rogers, and while there likely will be more then enough demand for the sg2, rogers could, but don't HAVE to refund/credit the $40.00 once your phone status changes.

Rogers at First Canadian Place? Are you talking about the one on concourse level by the Exchange Tower food court? If so, a guy I talked to last Friday told me that the devices will be there some time this week. The guy sounded pretty confident too. I don't know if he was just blatantly lying or not though..

philhouse
I Plan to Stick Around

@shaggyskunk wrote:
Phil, if you are uncertain, just cancel, wait for the dust to settle.  Any changes made to your plan will be reversed....the IMPORTANT thing is, DON'T WAIT until your status changes from open to anything else.  Up to this point, you have made an agreement with rogers, and while there likely will be more then enough demand for the sg2, rogers could, but don't HAVE to refund/credit the $40.00 once your phone status changes.

Good point. I just cancelled my reservation. I'm wondering if I should just go for one of the $0.01 phones available right now or wait and still get the S2 when it finally comes out. The only thing keeping me thinking about the S2 is the NFC. I will likely keep the phone for 3 years (until next upgrade) so I want the phone to be as future proof as possible.

The specs on the HTC EVO 3D seem pretty good, but I'm just scared about battery life. Perhaps the Infuse is the way to go.

I'm so confused. Maybe I'll just keep my Palm Treo 680 until it dies, haha!

It's not the first time I've seen something like this from Rogers. Anytime there has to be a deposit to do anything with Rogers, I just don't. The best you can do with Rogers is to basically not expect what they tell you will get and don't give them any opportunity to take your money in advance with them actually handing over something right away whether it's a device or service...

shaggyskunk

@Yeria wrote:
It's not the first time I've seen something like this from Rogers. Anytime there has to be a deposit to do anything with Rogers, I just don't. The best you can do with Rogers is to basically not expect what they tell you will get and don't give them any opportunity to take your money in advance with them actually handing over something right away whether it's a device or service...

Technically, no one has given any money to rogers to reserve a phone...the "cash" is just sitting in some mystical account until you pick up your phone, then the 40 bucks majically appears as a credit...Peronally, I think that the Hobits are responsible....

I'm confused, on the redboard is the following post:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTC announced today the launch of the newest LTE smartphone, the HTC Raider.  Rogers will begin shipping today and the device will begin arriving in stores tomorrow.  The HTC Raider will be available for Rogers customers for $149.99 on select 3-year plans. This was dated OCTOBER 27 just four days ago.

I checked the smartphone list at rogers.com and sure enough this phone is already listed for sale.  is going on with the samsung phones and why the #$%$# are these #$#%^%# phones not for sale yet? Enough is enough!!! Who the ##$$# is responsible for ##$%$@ing this pathetic situation up!!!

shaggyskunk

@rcasaccia wrote:

I'm confused, on the redboard is the following post:

HTC announced today the launch of the newest LTE smartphone, the HTC Raider.  Rogers will begin shipping today and the device will begin arriving in stores tomorrow.  The HTC Raider will be available for Rogers customers for $149.99 on select 3-year plans. This was dated OCTOBER 27 just four days ago.

I checked the smartphone list at rogers.com and sure enough this phone is already listed for sale.  is going on with the samsung phones and why the #$%$# are these #$#%^%# phones not for sale yet? Enough is enough!!! Who the ##$$# is responsible for ##$%$@ing this pathetic situation up!!!

Sadly, clicking the "thumbs-up" button multiple times does not give multiple "likes"!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I am actually buying my self a HTC Raider LTE from Rogers. I sold my iPhone 4S & buying the HTC outright. Honestly i am sick & tired of waiting for the SGS2 LTE. Rogers is taking forever to release it. Rogers needs to learn to speak public about what is going on instead of hiding it. They need to realize that thousands reserved the phone & need to know what is going on. Its Monday afternoon & yet i have not seen anyone else get the phone.

Sorry guys but im going for the HTC.

drummergurl21
I Plan to Stick Around
both phones are great anyway

im still sticking to the S2 but the HTC has similar specs....its just whichever look or UI you're going for that matters......

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Honestly i love Samsung & all but this made me cancel my reservation & go with the HTC. I love the HTC UI & everything about it as well.

drummergurl21
I Plan to Stick Around
well thats good....hope you love the htc and dont regret anything
htc is a beast, but i cant give up on this one

also, i do believe rogers released this because bell announced they will release on nov 6th or 11th? so im sure rogers wanted to steal customers away from bell by releasing it first......

HTC announces a phone and rogers is selling it the next day, huh? what are we missing here, obviously something is going on with the samsung phones such that rogers has taken so long to start selling them. Is it Rogers, is it Samsung, I would sure like to know what it is and who is to blame for this debacle.

Somone screwed up big time. Did Samsung not pony up enough money for shelf space in the store, has Rogers been living under a rock the last few months and don't understand that a **bleep** of a lot of people would like to purchase a Samsung phone, can they possibly be that ignorant? Speculation and more speculation, this is what breeds when you fail to communicate with your customers.

This has been a business 101 course in what not to do, at this point it is just sad and pathetic.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
I am sure they did it for that reason as well. No the HTC Raider 4G LTE ios launching Tomorrow at bell. Their site shows it & when i called about 10 stores they all said they have them in stock & starting to sell them from tomorrow ( launch day). its the same price as rogers as well. Bell does not say it on the site but if you call a store & tell them you are thinking of porting your number over they will tell you how much it will be.

Good call on selling 4s getting the raider. Are you selling the 16gb iphone?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Nope 32GB one.