cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@TMWX wrote:

A quick read for those still waiting...

http://www.gforgames.com/gadgets/samsung-galaxy-s2-lte-release-date-rogers-15413/

Thanks for the update.  There had been a quote from rogers saying that they were shipping them LAST week...I just can't remember which one of several sites had that quote.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
It was MobileSyrup. 2 mins later they changed it to this week.

shaggyskunk

@Meowmix wrote:
It was MobileSyrup. 2 mins later they changed it to this week.

Maybe It was subconcious humor, when I refered to them as Maplesyrup....Eh!

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around
I posted something on Redboard regarding the release date as this is the "early as next week" week....they deleted my post....fail

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Yea they tend to delete comments like that because they do not want you to lie & such ( i know you are not lying anyways since another site said the same as you.)

y2whisper
I Plan to Stick Around
I'm guessing this week as well since it looks like the RAZR and the Samsung Glide (basically the epic 4G) should be coming this week. And when Rogers did their LTE announcement they did say they were coming with a large selection of devices. so maybe putting them out all at once. is the plan (new section in their stores?

TMWX
I Plan to Stick Around

Ugh... I just got my status update email from Rogers.

Same as the others...

"we will send you a notification email giving you the UPS tracking number so you can check when it will arrive in store. When you pick up at the store, you will be able to choose whether you want to upgrade or purchase your device."

😞

shaggyskunk

No more mr. nice guy...time to start hi-jacking UPS trucks!!!  "what can Brown do for yo today?".

IT'S A JOKE!!!!!!

domi
I Plan to Stick Around

@domi wrote:

I'm #367 on the list.

Now I'm #228 and thinking to cancel. Maybe wait for SII HD LTE.

shaggyskunk

Well people are canceling, but not at a significant rate.  I have moved about 20 spots in the last couple of days.

shaggyskunk

@domi wrote:

@domi wrote:

I'm #367 on the list.

Now I'm #228 and thinking to cancel. Maybe wait for SII HD LTE.

...But you might find yourself on another waiting list.....what then 🙂

shaggyskunk

AT&T announced the release of the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket...Nov. 6th.

http://androidandme.com/2011/10/devices/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-skyrocket-brings-4g-lte-speeds-to-att/

wonder if that's when we can REALLY expect to see ours?

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around
I just got off the phone with a rep, he told me they don't know the release date and that everyone in the office is in a standstill at the moment. He also said the same thing about the Samsung Glide. I seriously do not know what the hold up is.....

domi
I Plan to Stick Around

@shaggyskunk wrote:

...But you might find yourself on another waiting list.....what then 🙂

Then I'l buy the SGII LTE with $0.01 🙂

shaggyskunk

@villinvr6 wrote:
I just got off the phone with a rep, he told me they don't know the release date and that everyone in the office is in a standstill at the moment. He also said the same thing about the Samsung Glide. I seriously do not know what the hold up is.....

How connected is the Rep?  

Do we start setting up Roadblaocks for UPS trucks???                 IT'S A JOKE

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around
lol...well he was very professional, he straight up told me that they didn't get any word when the release is and I said thanks anyways, then he said if I waited 2mins he can dig deeper, I said sure, then 2 mins later, came back and said his management either doesn't know when.

I totally feel you man, I'm in exactly the same situation... I don't see why should I stay with Rogers after this whole SGII situation... currently looking for a better alternative

moman
I Plan to Stick Around

Looks like the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket is ATTs version of the S2 LTE??

If so, would their version work fully compatible on Rogers 3G, HSPA+ and LTE?

Atleast they were truthful saying they were clueless. I've had so much idiocy fed to me by rogers reps over this, heard it all from "we are not getting it, only US is (when bell already had it)", "you must be talking about the infuse", "that device is only coming out to toronto, montreal, and vancouver" etc.

shaggyskunk

@moman wrote:

Looks like the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket is ATTs version of the S2 LTE??

If so, would their version work fully compatible on Rogers 3G, HSPA+ and LTE?

Well...yes..just like any other cell.  It does not matter where, Cuba, Canada, Camaroon.....IF they have hspa+ or lte is the only variable

philhouse
I Plan to Stick Around

If I stay on the waitlist and it gets shipped to my local store, can I still decide not to get it and get my $40 back? Or once it is shown as shipped am I stuck with getting it?