cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 vs LTE S2

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around
who are the other 8 people that have this phone?? maybe they only release 2... i wouldnt be surprised

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Suomynona
I've Been Around

Hello fellow thread-followers!

This will be my first and last post on the community forums. I am currently 612th place on the Rogers reservation list. Shortly, I will no longer be on the reservation list, and I will no longer be a Rogers customer.

I have been waiting for the Galaxy S2 since back in March. I patiently waited as I watched the phone launched in South Korea first (obviously), then in the UK (not unexpected), and sweated in agony as I watched the months roll by before I saw that it was being released in Canada by Bell first.

I figured that it would not be long before it was also released by Rogers, right? As you all know, that was not the case.

I wanted to enjoy an incredible phone while it was in the prime of its existence, I was very close to starting a Virgin or a Bell account to get the GSII.

Moments before I left for a Virgin store, I found this thread. I thought that I had the answer to my prayers: a Rogers SG2 and on the LTE network no less! I eagerly began following this thread, and when the reservation system started, I happily joined in as well, looking forward to the updates and the not-far-away SII.

Now over a month later, I've given up. Even if the phone really does release next week, I no longer want to be a stakeholder with Rogers. They took advantage of us with the reservation system and did not live up to any of their promises. The response to this community thread has been pathetic, as a result you have forumgoers forced to interrogate agents and store representatives, and get sporadic answers that only add to the stress.

By contrast, the Telus representative that I began dealing with a few weeks ago was up front right from the beginning. No phone or news, and likely seeing material and promotions starting a month before release. They also e-mailed me personally as soon as they had word about their phone. I'm not saying having a month of 'coming soon' is great, but its certainly better than the bait and switch of the Rogers Reservation system.

I think that the phone is great, and it could be that your LTE network will be great as well. However, neither of those matter to me anymore, because your service has been terrible. Don't take advantage of your customers, particularly the ones who care enough about your products and services to post and use your reservation system. If you had put forth even a little effort in communicating, it would have probably made the difference in keeping me as a customer.

I don't want to rant and rave too long, as that would also be absurd, however I do promise you that whenever Rogers or cellular plans come up, I will be telling the story of how Rogers let me down. I may be only one person, but you may find that number grows as you continue to put a priority on putting other interests before those of your customers.

Sincerely,

New Telus SGIIX Owner

westcoastgeek
I Plan to Stick Around

@timng07 wrote:

So I finally found a site (I'll admit that I didn't really look that hard) for picture hosting.

Here's a pic of my Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE that I picked up on Wednesday. If you guys want specific pics, just let me know

http://tinypic.com/r/eqz11k/5

thx Tim. Any chance you can run some android benchmarks or tell us the exact processor onboard that beast? thx.

How do you like it so far?

Major
I Plan to Stick Around
OK, I was stuck at 978 since earlier today. Now I know it wasn't a shipped out SG2 that made me move up to 977 ... it's a cancellation. Still looking like I'll get my phone for Valentine's Day. 😞

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around
i hope you sent this to them good job

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around
i though i was the last one...phew im 944

Major
I Plan to Stick Around

You're just ahead of me.  Looks like you'll get yours in time for "Groundhog Day" ... 🙂

Talisman
I Plan to Stick Around
I think the apple lawsuit against Samsung is having a very strong influence on Rogers delaying or potentialy cancelling the release of the GS2. I guess we'll find out next week if there are any major moves on shipping these units to very patient customers on the reservation list. I'm currently stuck at 205.

y2whisper
I Plan to Stick Around
doubt that is a hold up. nothing has happened on that front on north american soil. Just the usual we all want the phone and are getting even more antsy now. like the article said next week. so if by next friday there isn't more movement then some more unrest is warranted.

Maybe I'm stupid (or I'm just new to all this--my phone is 5 years old, sob), but what's stopping me from going to a Telus store, buying the Galaxy S II, unlocking it, and using it with the Rogers network? I don't live in an LTE area, not expecting it anytime soon. What are the downsides to this?

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Talisman wrote:
I think the apple lawsuit against Samsung is having a very strong influence on Rogers delaying or potentialy cancelling the release of the GS2. I guess we'll find out next week if there are any major moves on shipping these units to very patient customers on the reservation list. I'm currently stuck at 205.

Well this "slide to lock" lawsuite is crazy...I have a 15 yr old suitcase that uses slide to lock technology....is apple getting into the luggage business too!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@ Suonmynona. Cool Story Bro. Have fun getting the same crap service their & have fun with the $60 fee when you have 1 miss late payment. At least Rogers has great service & does not charge you $60 fee if you have a late payment. Make sure you do not complain in the end that Telus is treating you bad & all. Make sure also that Telus does not lie & have hidden fees. Also the reps make commusion so that is why they are going to treat you nice & good for the start. Every company is like that, till you find out its true colors.

shaggyskunk

Well for any of you that were frustrated to the point of taking a bite from apple....remember the antennae-gate? Now some people may get a CHARGE out of this article http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/10/29/apple-reportedly-looking-into-poor-iphone-4s-battery-life/  CELL-la-Vie!  

Guess that apple needs to iRON out it's problems before they dont' come out with the much anticipated iphone5  iGUESS 

westcoastgeek
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Tim ng. Could you load up ASI (Android system Information-free) from the marketplace, and tell us the exact specs of the processor on this baby. That would be a great help.

Thanks..

Vanquish
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix, Couldn't have said it better myself.

On another note is it really worth waiting for rogers to release their GS2, i mean it's been aroung for awhile now and there are some new and possibly better devices that are coming out soon like the nexus and the htc raider, and who knows what else. We,ve been waiting for months now, is another couple weeks really that bad?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

If the ones that are hardcore wanting the S2 LTE then yes for them its worth waiting. For the ones that do not want to wait anymore i suggest if you want the Motorola Razr It will be launched next week. It is all up to what the costumer wants. If they want the LTE s2 they will wait, if not then they will go for another device that Rogers will release.

shaggyskunk

NOVEMBER 17th,  This is the Date that the Nexus with ICS is being released.  In case this has been posted before...I apologize.

http://www.fiercemobilecontent.com/story/googles-android-ice-cream-sandwich-coming-nov-17/2011-10-28

Seems like a really short interlude between GS2 and the new kid on the block, but I have not seen anything about which carriers and when it will be in an actual bricks & mortar store, as opposed to a waiting list...

drummergurl21
I Plan to Stick Around
timng07:
could you upload a picture of the backside?
i really want to see the backing of this phone! I wish its the matte finish and not some stupid smooth plastic......

thanks a bunch!!!!!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Yes but is this the day that Rogers will release it tho. That is what we need to know. Remember Rogers releases phones a bit after other Carriers. Lets hope Rogers can release this on launch.

shaggyskunk

This might be a useful site for other android newcomers like me?   http://www.androidcentral.com/articles/how-to

shaggyskunk

That redboard needs to be set up so that it shows the newest comments 1st, or at least have the option of selecting "newest" or "oldest"...See rogers....you make some people wait long enough...and they will just find something else to whine about....