cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

 

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

 

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@shaggyskunk wrote:

FRom what I understand, the display on the nexus is better due to the graphics produced by the processor.


I gave this a thumbs up primarily because it's what I WANT to hear 😉

 

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Betaprion
I've Been Here Awhile

Anyone have any definate data on what processor is in the LTE? I saw that the model is different then the T-mobile verision, any chance that this might have the newer exynos 1.5 ghz processor instead of the snapdragon?

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

cor315
I Plan to Stick Around

@jckelly wrote:

@zombiejc wrote:

Of course there are advantages, just not as many as people thought there would be. The screen is subpar compared to the S2, the nexus will be faster because it has the better processor, the S2 will most likely have better battery life. I think it all works out to be a bit of wash, both are great, I think a lot thought the nexus would be the "NEXT" big device, when it's really just on par with the S2. So it just depends what you are looking for in a phone and if you want to wait for the nexus to come out.


I am somewhat concerned about battery life - it always seems to be an issue with Android devices and I know the SII has a larger battery.  Tell me more about why you think the screen is better on the SII.  At the launch the screen was one of the things that was raved about. HD resolution and all.

 

Don't the buttons at the bottom become redundant with ICS (which I think we all hope is imminent whether we have the SII or any other phone)

 

You're making me reconsider and I'm not sure I like that... Smiley Wink


Assuming that you can get a non-LTE data plan with the S2 (which my rep told me is possible) then I'll just turn LTE off which should hopefully improve battery life.

 

http://i51.tinypic.com/t5mamd.jpg

 

I'm not quite sure if that's the way it works.  Anyone disagree?

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

lisabolshin
I've Been Here Awhile

anyone know if, and when, the samsung galaxy nexus is coming to rogers?? 

I've been waiting for the s2 for weeks and weeks and i'm pretty fed up at this point.

I put my self on the waitlist for the motorola razr which seems comparable. the razr seems larger in length and width, but thinner and with the same screen size. it's also minutely heavier. 

the big bonus: i'm #767 on the waitlist for the galaxy s2, but #79 for the razr!! 

not sure if i should be concerned!?

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Silvertag
I Plan to Stick Around

@lisabolshin wrote:

anyone know if, and when, the samsung galaxy nexus is coming to rogers?? 

I've been waiting for the s2 for weeks and weeks and i'm pretty fed up at this point.

I put my self on the waitlist for the motorola razr which seems comparable. the razr seems larger in length and width, but thinner and with the same screen size. it's also minutely heavier. 

the big bonus: i'm #767 on the waitlist for the galaxy s2, but #79 for the razr!! 

not sure if i should be concerned!?


Nobody knows for now. Rogers lips are sealed shut and no info other then the LTE launch have been announced.

 

The # are not for your location it's in the whole Rogers system. So your the 79th to pre-order the razr in Rogers system.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

domi
I Plan to Stick Around

@Betaprion wrote:

Anyone have any definate data on what processor is in the LTE? I saw that the model is different then the T-mobile verision, any chance that this might have the newer exynos 1.5 ghz processor instead of the snapdragon?


Zero. LTE needs the snapdragon, exynos does not support LTE.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Holmes
I Plan to Stick Around

@domi wrote:

@Betaprion wrote:

Anyone have any definate data on what processor is in the LTE? I saw that the model is different then the T-mobile verision, any chance that this might have the newer exynos 1.5 ghz processor instead of the snapdragon?


Zero. LTE needs the snapdragon, exynos does not support LTE.


 

Where did you hear that? I dont' think that's true at all.

 

 

Edit: This Samsung page talks about LTE with the exynos:

 

http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/productInfo.do?fmly_id=844&partnum=Exynos%20421...

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

That Samsung page is talking about the chip (looks nice)  Everything that I have heard/read, says that the SG2 LTE is using the Qaul 1.5 Snapdragon.  The Exynos chip is 1.2 Mhrz and it produces better graphics, but will not run on the LTE network.  I am pretty sure that Samsung would rather use their own in-house chip than buying one from Qualcomm...Rmemeber, there is also a difference between Network speed and Processor speed....Exynos look far more capable in the processor arena, & that explains the better graphics etc.

 

I did read one article, (can't remember where) which criticized Samsung for existentially using "last years tech" with respect to the Snapdragon..

 

But, what to I know...'cause I say leagalize pot & ban facebook

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

timng07
I Plan to Stick Around

Just an update. The status of my reservation for the Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE is now showing as SHIPPED and order information says "Please refer to your shipment notification email for tracking details." and there is indeeded a UPS tracking number for it

Scheduled Delivery: Wednesday, 10/26/2011, by 12:00


Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around
Gratz!! I'm #938 in Winnipeg area...I'm guessing by next week mine should be here.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around
I had a group of 26 close friends in my BBM chat group, that included some friends from calgary and BC as well, however it started to fade away to 22 since 4 left to go to Ihype...now I'm starting to kinda feel sad leaving my group of friends but I told them that Android phones are equipped with Google+ Messenger which mimics BBM and told them to transfer..they'll see after I show it to them on my phone...screw Imessenger for Ihype.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

AWSOME TIM!!

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

kid_icarus
I Plan to Stick Around

NICE! What # were you the last time you checked your reservation?

 

Can't wait to hear your review!

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

timng07
I Plan to Stick Around

I was Number 2 on the reservation from the get go.

 

Just for those wondering about non-LTE areas.

I spoke with someone today and they you are able to have a non-LTE plan with the LTE phone.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Betaprion
I've Been Here Awhile

@shaggyskunk wrote:

That Samsung page is talking about the chip (looks nice)  Everything that I have heard/read, says that the SG2 LTE is using the Qaul 1.5 Snapdragon.  The Exynos chip is 1.2 Mhrz and it produces better graphics, but will not run on the LTE network.  I am pretty sure that Samsung would rather use their own in-house chip than buying one from Qualcomm...Rmemeber, there is also a difference between Network speed and Processor speed....Exynos look far more capable in the processor arena, & that explains the better graphics etc.

 

I did read one article, (can't remember where) which criticized Samsung for existentially using "last years tech" with respect to the Snapdragon..

 

But, what to I know...'cause I say leagalize pot & ban facebook


The reason I ask is because of this article:

http://phandroid.com/2011/09/29/samsung-introduces-new-1-5ghz-exynos-4212-dual-core-processor/

 

would be cool if it had it, really make the decision on which phone to get alot easier

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

timng07
I Plan to Stick Around

So now I'm officially pissed.

 

My phone says shipped and delivered by UPS

I called the store to confirm that they received it, and they did. HOWEVER, I'm not allowed to pick it up until the phone is officially launched..... and get this; of course they don't have a date for me!

 

 

[Update] And 30 second after I click Post.. they call me back saying there was a mixup and I can pick it up. LOL

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around

That's messed up!!!

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around
 

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

y2whisper
I Plan to Stick Around
that's ridiculous either a poorly done policy or something wasn't communicated to the store properly. I would try customer service to see if something can be done.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around

are you serious?????

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around

release date is november 8 they just found out now and its true you cannot actually get your device until the release date regardless of what number you are!!!!!!!!!