cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

**bleep** I wish I hadn't cancelled in protest. Probably won't mean much, shouldn't be more than a few days separating the  reserve list and in store sales.

KG2011
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Yup. I guess Rogers is rolling them out without anyone knowing and yet they barely have any. Seems really odd.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/10/25/rogers-starts-shipping-a-very-limited-number-of-samsung-galaxy-s-i...

Didn't I tell you it'd be rolling out within a couple weeks? Smiley Tongue

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around

Everyone on the reservation list please let us know when your status changes to processing or shipped please

TMWX
I Plan to Stick Around

I just called my Rogers Plus store.

They are not aware of the SGSII and know nothing as to when/where.

The gentleman at the store was able to offer some insight regarding the reservation system.

He said...

"The day the device ships I will receive an email containing the tracking number.

The device will arrive at the store the following day..."

He went on to suggest that it never takes more than a day (overnight shipping) within the GTA.

Keep the faith...!

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around

@shaggyskunk wrote:

1.5 vs 1.2 look here;

http://www.extremetech.com/mobile/96267-how-samsungs-chip-change-up-affects-the-t-mobile-galaxy-s2

thanks,,,

i wish rogers brought in S2 just like bell... i won't be even using LTE network alot..

jybute
I Plan to Stick Around

im not a hater, not even close. But to all you who freaked out because Rogers wasnt giving you an exact date and you cancelled your reservation, I hope you get your phone two weeks after it is released. All Rogers owes us is good coverage, consistent billing, and a good choice of products. If you were given bad any of those, I can understand why youd be upset. But because they didnt ell you when the gs2 would be released????? Are you serious?? of hte 6 zillion posts on this board, 5.5 zillion are of people crying about not knowing when their precious device is gonna be released. Dont you have anything real going on in your life? School? Career? Loved one? Loved one dying? Even a nice looking ex lover to stalk???? Man...so pathetic.

To my point... last night I asked a rep at a local rogers store, she said "right at the end of this quarter, or first thing 4th quarter". Rogers 3rd quarter apparently ends on October 31st.

y2whisper
I Plan to Stick Around

wait this comes with a qualcomm chip? hmmmm didn't expect that. 

jybute
I Plan to Stick Around

thats not what I interpret.....

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

@jybute wrote:

im not a hater, not even close. But to all you who freaked out because Rogers wasnt giving you an exact date and you cancelled your reservation, I hope you get your phone two weeks after it is released. All Rogers owes us is good coverage, consistent billing, and a good choice of products. If you were given bad any of those, I can understand why youd be upset. But because they didnt ell you when the gs2 would be released????? Are you serious?? of hte 6 zillion posts on this board, 5.5 zillion are of people crying about not knowing when their precious device is gonna be released. Dont you have anything real going on in your life? School? Career? Loved one? Loved one dying? Even a nice looking ex lover to stalk???? Man...so pathetic.

To my point... last night I asked a rep at a local rogers store, she said "right at the end of this quarter, or first thing 4th quarter". Rogers 3rd quarter apparently ends on October 31st.

People cancelled because the process seemed pointless, we couldn't get a straight answer on anything, and on here we couldb't get an answer until this thread hit 40 plus pages and even then we didn't get much of anything, plus there were none of the weekly updates that were promised when we reserved. iPhone users got all the attension, when all we wanted was an update here or there. I cancelled my reservation after seeing that it was useless for iPhone users who were continually waiting for there reserved phone to land while people who didn't reserve continually just walked into the store and got a phone off the shelf. Seemed useless to stay on that list when it seemed like it wouldn't provide any sort of advantage. I bet I'll still get a phone just as quickly as most anyone still on the list, I'd be surprised if they send out to first 100 registered before its mass released.

tman41
I'm Here A Lot

In this digital age, we all desperately need our shiny new smartphones to keep up with school, keep organized in our careers, communicate with loved ones, grieve over dying loved ones, and stalk ex-lovers.

Now you can see how all this whining is necessary and justified  😉

shaggyskunk

Looks like rogers' server is getting a good workout at the moment, signing on to check the status got a red error msg.

TMWX
I Plan to Stick Around
It is that guy who got the first SGSII LTE using up all the bandwidth...!

🙂

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@jybute wrote:

Others of us cancelled because the SGSII LTE is no longer the phone we want... had it shipped within a reasonable period after announcement we might have a had a couple of weeks where we could happily say "I have the ultimate smartphone".  Delay 2 months and you can say "I've got a pretty good smartphone."

We're early adopters, the thrill of the new is important to us.  That's one reason we're willing to pay the new phone premium.  If that didn't matter we'd all wait until two months after availability and get it much cheaper -  see the HTC EVO 3D $149 at launch, $0.01 six weeks later.

So, really, all we get for paying the premium is pride of ownership.  It doesn't last long and we KNOW that.  And we're peeved when we're deprived of it.

Does it make sense to you now?  I'm not belittling you if it doesn't.  My wife doesn't understand either and I still love her.

I can't understand people that have to have new cars.  You lose $1000's in value the minute you leave the lot.  A couple of hundred on a phone is really a cheap guilty pleasure.

jybute
I Plan to Stick Around

Well put.....

coincidentaly, I called to see about pricing. I am not even eligible for an upgrade, (I got the iphone 4 the day it came out in July 2010) seems things have change a bit over at rogers. I remember when you used to be able to upgrade more often. So all my complaining about the complainers seems to have butten me in my A**. looks like Ill have to buy unlocked and stick around for a while. Stupid Rogers, youre stupid and I hate you you stupid stupid head. I guess the $110 per month they get from me isnt enough to sway them either.

timng07
I Plan to Stick Around

For those of you who are saying that their positions are moving up....it's most likely not because the people ahead of you have received their phones. It's most likely they are cancelling

I'm #2 on the list and I can conform that my status has changed from OPEN to IN PROGRESS. The only other change is under the Order Information. It now says: "Shipping process has begun. Additional changes cannot be made. An email with shipping details has been/will be sent to you."

derickma
I Plan to Stick Around

my number moved down about 10 but it still says open its possible a few people cancelled but I dont think so not when the phone starts to slowly slip out. I started at about 100 on the list and yesterday I was 62 now I'm 52 and holding so they probably did send out about 10 phones. the rest will be next week and I'm guessing by the end of next week this place will be unactive as everyone starts complaining about the Nexus.

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around

#2 guy on the waiting list didn't get the phone yet,

this means there only one guy in canada that has s2 LTE

TMWX
I Plan to Stick Around

@timng07 wrote:

For those of you who are saying that their positions are moving up....it's most likely not because the people ahead of you have received their phones. It's most likely they are cancelling

I'm #2 on the list and I can conform that my status has changed from OPEN to IN PROGRESS. The only other change is under the Order Information. It now says: "Shipping process has begun. Additional changes cannot be made. An email with shipping details has been/will be sent to you."

timng07... please do the folks that have been eagerly watching this thread a favor and keep us posted on your status.

As you are No. 2... your information is the best we have access to.

Thanks in advance...!

shaggyskunk
I have only moved down 3 places since about 11:40 this morning...so much for the squeaky wheel getting the grease

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around

Accessory shopping time on ebay lol!!!