cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

KG2011
I Plan to Stick Around

@drummergurl21 wrote:

My source is a Rogers retention rep I spoke with today. 

He looked it up on the system and told me this with confidence. 

This is simply meant to give you guys some news on the matter, take it for what it is. 

I'm just happy the Nexus is coming to Rogers. 

Here is a source of a Galaxy Nexus ( GT-I9250M ) coming to canada:

http://omgdroid.com/tag/gt-i9250m/

Plus, according to Google's Andy Rubin, it's coming to Canada in November. 

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/10/18/googles-andy-rubin-says-canada-will-get-the-galaxy-nexus-in-novemb...

It's on Google's website, here:

http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/2011/10/unwrapping-ice-cream-sandwich-on-galaxy.html

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You know how many retention reps & managers i have spoken to & said different things each & every one of them? Many. some told me that the SGS2 LTE would come out in the start of OCT. Some told me the 17th, some told me the end it would launch the 18th or 19th, some told me it would most likely launch at the end of OCT. & most of the told me they do not know when it will come out.

This guy could be saying the truth but i am not believing it till i see it. Rogers nor did Samsung Canada say it anywhere like he did. So a rep that works for Rogers & reads things from s script or a website ( mind you reps always assume or give false dates & we have all seen that since most of us are getting false & different dates or release.) or 2 high end companies that have both said COMING SOON & no where have said a launch date yet.  Who would you believe?

EDIT. The first link it shows ONLY a wifi. That does not tell you when or what carrier it will be on.

Second the link to MobileSyrup showing when the Nexus will be released it only shows CANADA. Again it does not show anywhere which carrier will get it first.. Please read the links before you show us.

KG2011
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:

You know how many retention reps & managers i have spoken to & said different things each & every one of them? Many. some told me that the SGS2 LTE would come out in the start of OCT. Some told me the 17th, some told me the end it would launch the 18th or 19th, some told me it would most likely launch at the end of OCT. & most of the told me they do not know when it will come out.

This guy could be saying the truth but i am not believing it till i see it. Rogers nor did Samsung Canada say it anywhere like he did. So a rep that works for Rogers & reads things from s script or a website ( mind you reps always assume or give false dates & we have all seen that since most of us are getting false & different dates or release.) or 2 high end companies that have both said COMING SOON & no where have said a launch date yet.  Who would you believe?

I hear ya, and I'm not passing it off as factual, just wanted to give you guys some info, he said a couple weeks, no dates given. 

I'm not interested in the Galaxy S2 due to the run arounds, plus I'm don't live in LTE zones.

The Galaxy Nexus is definitely coming to Canada though.  Check my updated post above yours with links that confirm this. 

When I asked him about the Galaxy Nexus, he looked it up in the system, and then told me it would be available at launch in November.  It's most likely launching November 10, as that is the rumored release for Verizon. 

Source:

http://www.mobilewhack.com/pics/2011/10/galaxynexusreleasedatepriceleak.jpg

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

That is funny because i just called in & once i asked them to see in the system for the phone they told me its not on the system & they have no idea when rogers will release it. I also spoke to the sell's department & also at billing ( they all use the same system to look up).

The links you provided do not show when it will be released nor does it say which carrier. It only shows CANADA & the other one shows the WIFI. Again it does not show the dates nor which carrier.

Also the link you just gave with the SS of the verizon. Some times here on Canada Carriers like Bell, Telus, Fido & the rest do not release the phone as the same time as they do in the states. The release some of the phones a few weeks after its been released & launched in the states. I do hope Rogers releases the phone at launch tho. Now back on topic here since this is about the Galaxy s2 LTE.

KG2011
I Plan to Stick Around

I was just trying to share some info with you guys.  Whether you want to believe it or not, it's completely up to you. 

I wouldn't believe me either, considering how this whole thing has gone down. 

I just figured some info, is better than no info we're currently getting.  I'm just happy to know the Nexus is coming to Rogers at launch. 🙂  I am pretty confident of this. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
I appreciate that you are trying to find info for us :). Let's hope you are right man. Let's hope 🙂

KG2011
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
I appreciate that you are trying to find info for us :). Let's hope you are right man. Let's hope 🙂

That's all we can do. 

I actually didn't set out to find out this info.  I was just calling in about my data offer, and wanted to make sure it would be honored when I was ready for my HUP. 

I explained I'm not interested in the iPhone 4S, and I'm waiting for either the GS2 or Nexus before I'm ready to accept the data offer, since my current phone is a "Dumb Phone" LOL. 

That's when I was given this info, and decided to share it here. 😉 

November should be a good month for us. 

drummergurl21
I Plan to Stick Around

feel sorry for those people waiting for supposed HTC lte device.....

theres been no word on that.....not even a spec of dust!

drummergurl21
I Plan to Stick Around
KG2011
i really hope you're right!
my instincts tell me in the beginning weeks of november, either the week of the 4th or the week of the 11th....
and hopefully nexus come to rogers...
i, like you, have a hunch too! but i also feel like google will release the phone to all carriers as a competition for the iphone!

rcheung135
I've Been Here Awhile

FYI, the Samsung Galaxy S2 came to Canada, and yet we haven't gotten one yet (I don't count the Infuse as Galaxy S2). Bell and Telus got em. Why not us?

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Is it just me, or are there just way too many versions of the GS2 & the Nexus....It's getting to be like the "Who is on First & What's on Second & I Don't know is on Third....Which Carrier gets What ACTUAL phone with what Actiual processor, screen size, O/S etc.  Reading the different Press Releases, different

carrieres are calling different things the same name...sort of.....Where's MY Program??

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
I agree with you on that. Instead of making 1 or 2 phones they made so many galaxy phones for each carrier. Its hard to keep track on what phone has what and all now and days.

shaggyskunk

Thanks Meow!!  Believe it or not, a similar problem (in a way) exists here in the rogers community....Why do they have the nerve to call me an "advisor" just because, I don't have a life & like to comment....:-)

drummergurl21
I Plan to Stick Around
wow i had a scare for a second, i clicked the link to this and it said it did not exist....but when i refreshed it here i am...i got so sad they took it down...my life would have been over this is my go-to place until the S2 comes out (or nexus)

shaggyskunk:
: ( i too am an advisor....ahah, its ok, im in the midst of midterms and instead of studying im commenting on here....
i guess they got the name right....i dont have a life either.......: )

BuckMacklin
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I am tryng to find information about what it is going to cost when it does come out.   Paying a $40 reservation fee and not knowing what it will cost seems like a mistake.

Rogers Galaxy SII, three year contract.... $???

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

@BuckMacklin wrote:

I am tryng to find information about what it is going to cost when it does come out.   Paying a $40 reservation fee and not knowing what it will cost seems like a mistake.

Rogers Galaxy SII, three year contract.... $???

This information has been out for awhile, it's $199 on 3 years.

http://www.rogerslte.com/new-lte-devices/smartphone-and-tablet#samsunggalaxy

shaggyskunk

Hey Drummer....You may address me directly when whne rogers considers you to be a "regular advisor"   🙂 🙂  We can't have the young upstarts being so precossious ..... he, he, he...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Lmao shaggy. I was once a advisor like you guys 😛 haha

Also @ buck, the info is on the LTE site in which zom gave you. The prices and the spec have been up since they told us about the phone. The only thing is they never told us a actual date when it will be released.

shaggyskunk

Sir Meow....permission to type?   Me thinks, I was to anxious to put Drummer in her place, that I let my spelling go to pot....Please forgive me....humble servant...shaggs

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
I have asked future shop one said they will release both in Nov the other future shop said it will be Nov 10 or 11!!! I say it is coming soon! !! When? I don't know but soon may be Nov may be Dec, but I thing the s2 maybe Nov but the nexus won't released till June or July 2012, because it will be redeculase to release 2 phones at the same time made by Samsung, however this is my opinion

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Permission granted lmao. I forgive you 😛

@saabgh. Like I have said before these reps just say dates. I rather see it on the Rogers or Samsung website. I would not believe them at all till i see it my self. That is how I am going now. This has gone far enough that it's making me not being interested in the phone 😞