cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around
and once again the feedback is not from rogers lol

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around

That is awesome news, then again, yes, rogers has been using the word "soon" since they first put up their website www.rogerslte.com and that was several weeks ago back I believe.

drummergurl21
I Plan to Stick Around

thats true...but think about it, rogers said coming soon....this is samsung saying coming soon....and how come samsung never said coming soon back when rogers said it? i believe samsung because if rogers finally gave the ok to samsung, then samsung announces it.

why didnt samsung say anything about the telus version of galaxy until just recently? and at the same time when telus announced it too?

i dont know, this makes sense....and i actually believe samsung....soon to me means 1-2 weeks after the telus version comes out.....

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@ drummergurl21.

Coming soon can also mean a few weeks to a month or so. Samsung got the OKAY from Telus to announce it as well.

Rogers has said " Coming soon" Since the day they announced the LTE Network. Its been almost a month since they have said that.
I do believe Samsung tho. It can also be due to the network issues they have had & not saying anything to anyone because they want people to buy data for LTE. Saying that they are having issues with the LTE network can cost them bad.

Also Telus said they would get the phone about a month or so ago. They just never put it up on the website. Leaks for the Telus one came out 2 months ago & showed the pictures & all. Rogers Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE has been told what it will be & all but no leaks on the date or anything unlike they rest of the Galaxy line.

Lets hope Rogers start telling its costumers what is going on. Already we have seen many people leave / Cancel their reservation for the phone.

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

drummer... I could not find on Samsung's fb link where they were giving the info on the sg2 lte?  and on their .ca site, I could only see the sg2 (with the 4.3" display)?

For those of you looking at the HSPA+  I have been using the HSPA+ Rocketstick for almost two years, and while in recent weeks the D/L speed has improved...maybe around 4 Meg/sec at the best of times.  I had been complaining to rogers for almost the entire two years about sppeds that were in the kb/sec range....I know that the 21meg/sec is theoretical, but I have never even seen double digit speeds.

I don't know if this makes sense from a technical point, but I suspect that rogers has been tweeking their towers in conjuction with the LTE network & that is the reason for me seeing an increase in HSPA+ speeds?

It would be more encourageing if rogers would have added the GS2 LTE to their redboard....the razr is there.....

binny303
I Plan to Stick Around
Go the wall tab of that FB link.

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

@shaggyskunk wrote:

drummer... I could not find on Samsung's fb link where they were giving the info on the sg2 lte?  and on their .ca site, I could only see the sg2 (with the 4.3" display)?

For those of you looking at the HSPA+  I have been using the HSPA+ Rocketstick for almost two years, and while in recent weeks the D/L speed has improved...maybe around 4 Meg/sec at the best of times.  I had been complaining to rogers for almost the entire two years about sppeds that were in the kb/sec range....I know that the 21meg/sec is theoretical, but I have never even seen double digit speeds.

I don't know if this makes sense from a technical point, but I suspect that rogers has been tweeking their towers in conjuction with the LTE network & that is the reason for me seeing an increase in HSPA+ speeds?

It would be more encourageing if rogers would have added the GS2 LTE to their redboard....the razr is there.....

http://pages.samsung.com/ca/GSIIX/English/

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around

So if the GS2 comes out in November and the Galaxy Nexus comes out in November, wouldn't more than half the people opt to purchase the Nexus instead since it will be coming out with ICS as well?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Honestly i am tired of waiting for the SGS2 LTE. If Rogers releases this & the Galaxy nexus at the same time then that would be pretty stupid.

I will be pissed of tho if Rogers releases the SGS2 LTE & not the Nexus OR the other way around.

shaggyskunk

Thanks binny & zombie!

drummergurl21
I Plan to Stick Around

shaggyshunk

http://pages.samsung.com/ca/GSIILTE/English/

this one is the one coming to rogers

then, like mentioned, just view their wall page...its the first page

https://www.facebook.com/samsungmobilecanada?sk=wall

sorry for me, since i clicked "Like" the wall shows up.....

i assumed it was like that for everyone....

bob22332
I've Been Here Awhile

shaggyskunk - when you say meg/sec, do you mean megabyte (MB) or megabit (Mb). you might be mixing those up. 21 megabit/s works out to a max of ~2.6 megabytes/s. 

shaggyskunk

I mean MB.

Dakyris
I Plan to Stick Around

Shaggy, look again... The spec on the rocket stick is 21 mbps (or as Bob mentionned 2.65MB/s). You're never gonna see double digit download speed with that (browsers usually report speed in MB/s).

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

Screw it. I'm waiting for the NFC equipped Galaxy Nexus which should be available sometime in late 2013-2014 which should be just after the S2-LTE is released I imagine in this technological time capsule of a country we live in. Another 2 reservations cancelled. I'll wait it out until February to see what's out there when my contract is up for more bargaining power.

What sucks is that my wife and I's BB Curve's that we still have are serious POS. They both have parts literally crazy glued to keep them together and have to be reset 3X daily or have no apps running to prevent freezing, hoping to make it to the end of our contract. Now that I've had so much time to analyse the pros and cons of each phone (Galaxy Nexus vs. S2-LTE, I believe waiting will be better to get me a phone that will last 3 years without feeling as obsolete as a phone without NFC will at that time. 3 years now is a pretty near the max of any tech device's lifetime, or so it seems, if that's not an understatement. Search "Google Wallet" and see what's just around the corner in Canada (hopefully) as I'm sure most of you know. But to each his own!

All the best people! Keep making your voices heard to these greedy shysters, as ineffective as it may seem most of the time.

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

@Pierced wrote:

Screw it. I'm waiting for the NFC equipped Galaxy Nexus which should be available sometime in late 2013-2014 which should be just after the S2-LTE is released I imagine in this technological time capsule of a country we live in. Another 2 reservations cancelled. I'll wait it out until February to see what's out there when my contract is up for more bargaining power.

What sucks is that my wife and I's BB Curve's that we still have are serious POS. They both have parts literally crazy glued to keep them together and have to be reset 3X daily or have no apps running to prevent freezing, hoping to make it to the end of our contract. Now that I've had so much time to analyse the pros and cons of each phone (Galaxy Nexus vs. S2-LTE, I believe waiting will be better to get me a phone that will last 3 years without feeling as obsolete as a phone without NFC will at that time. 3 years now is a pretty near the max of any tech device's lifetime, or so it seems, if that's not an understatement. Search "Google Wallet" and see what's just around the corner in Canada (hopefully) as I'm sure most of you know. But to each his own!

All the best people! Keep making your voices heard to these greedy shysters, as ineffective as it may seem most of the time.

I'm pretty sure the S2 LTE is NFC capable, it doesn't say specifically, but I remember reading earlier that it did. Samsung shows that Telus' Hercules has it.

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

Galaxy S2 is NFC capable but not the LTE model as far as I've seen. Samsung website shows the S2 X Hercules is equipped with it but not S2-LTE. If it did I'd go for it for sure but I'm stuck with Rogers until February so I might as well wait a while longer for a possible NFC-LTE device.

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

@Pierced wrote:

Galaxy S2 is NFC capable but not the LTE model as far as I've seen. Samsung website shows the S2 X Hercules is equipped with it but not S2-LTE. If it did I'd go for it for sure but I'm stuck with Rogers until February so I might as well wait a while longer for a possible NFC-LTE device.

I don't see myself keeping the same phone for 3 years, and I don't see google wallet becoming a viable alternative for a few years, though absolutely love the technology, so its not a big deal for me at this time.

KG2011
I Plan to Stick Around

I got good news for those frustrated following this thread. 

1.  The GS2 LTE version will be available in a "couple weeks"

2.  The Galaxy Nexus will be available at LAUNCH, so, sometime in Mid-November. 

I'm personally going with the Galaxy Nexus over the GS2. 

drummergurl21
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Where is this good news from?

I have looked around on about 47 websites that have leaks & all & no where does it say this..

The SGS2 LTE will be coming soon that is what Samsung Canada said on Facebook & on their website. I have yet to see where you have seen the Galaxy Nexus to be sold at launch at Rogers..

If you like to give us a link or something to show us this please.