cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around

they better not drop the gs2 i have been waiting too long with a garbage phone that doesnt stay on half the time. im not waiting another 6 months for a phone!!!!!!!!!

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around

Seriously this whole Samsung G2 thing is ridiculous. All the fake release dates and no one seems to know anything. One day I get told from 3 stores and 1 rep on your 1-888 number that the SG2 will be in stock oct 18, but guess what? oct 18 came and all of a sudden no one knew what I was talking about. Some reps still say they don't even know if rogers is getting this phone. Seriously rogers your customer service used to be amazing and for the past year not so good. back when i was trying to get info on the update for my x10 i was given so many runarounds with that too. i really hope someone from rogers will see this and give us some sort of answers. ive been with rogers for ten years and now im really wanting to switch to bell.

******* Edit labels ********

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

There seems to be lots of speculation, but does any one really know?  I'll be curious to see if the status has changes this morning to "processing"?

rcheung135
I've Been Here Awhile

By the time the phone does come out, it'll be obselete LOL

shaggyskunk

Time to move to S. Korea...if you want the latest....either that or Ted should sell to someone whose last name is KIM 🙂

jybute
I Plan to Stick Around
~No kidding....,,,,

derickma
I Plan to Stick Around

This is why it's taking so long ..go to any rogers store or bell store the apple Iphone is seperate from all the other phones. Apple says if you want our phones keep them seperate. And when we release it you can't release any other compeating phone before or after a certian time frame.. the Razor is being released about xmass time which means that time frame from the new apple product has passed.

Thats when were going to get our GSII then after we buy up all the stock then they will release the Nexus Prime.

Apple is happy they get rid of  SGSII stock ( it was released in april regardless of LTE) then they get to sell us the Prime ...it's all win for Rogers

#66 on the list

shaggyskunk

Awe... to **bleep** with Rogers....I'll dig out the okd soup cans & string!

domi
I Plan to Stick Around

It is confirmed 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon:

• In addition to the changes in shape and, in some of the hardware configuration on the phone Samsung have changed. Not continue to use their own such as the Orion dual-core processor, but switch to a frequency of 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8060 chipset. The processor is a high-pass generation of dual-core processor, built-in dual-processor core Scorpion and Adreno 220 graphics chip, not only 3D graphics and processing power than the Qualcomm will present a more powerful application processor, but also the perfect support for 30fps Spec 1080p full HD video recording and playback.

http://www.mobilenewtricks.com/samsung-gt-i9210-specifications-and-features 

shaggyskunk

Is rogers going to continue to wait, while new, improved...better LTE devices are announced, while we are still waiting for "last months" ptoduct.  This is CRAZY....The s2 LTE is not even being shipped yet...and it's already out of date?

reckoner
I'm Here A Lot

Picked up the Bell version of the S2, loving it so far. No point in waiting around for the LTE version when A) I won't be buying a LTE anytime soon B) 1.5 Ghz Snapdragon isn't faster than a 1.2 Ghz Exynos C) Rogers would've gouged me with a new 3-year contract after using my HUP.

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@shaggyskunk wrote:

Is rogers going to continue to wait, while new, improved...better LTE devices are announced, while we are still waiting for "last months" ptoduct.  This is CRAZY....The s2 LTE is not even being shipped yet...and it's already out of date?

Yes, you've got it shaggy.  Earlier this morning I posted under another topic (http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Android/message-id/3877#M3877) hoping to get some response from Rogers -- I know it sounds crazy but I dream in Technicolour.

shaggyskunk

Mr. Kelly....VERY well said!!!! It's offensive that way that the iphone folks get coddled with THIER "redboard" while the lowly peons are left to flail.

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around

I just called samsung to find out when they would be releasing the gs2 to rogers and the guy said "all rogers has to do is tell us they want the phone and thwe'll ship it out  so i dont understand what the big hold up is"  so rogers is just playing around with all of us....ugh so fed up

derickma
I Plan to Stick Around

Exactly like I said above apple has to ger their run before they can release a compeating phone .. It's not Rogers fault it's apple's if Rogers wanted to be the first to sell the Iphone 4s in canada ( which they know is a cash cow)  it has to keep the others in check ..hence Bell has  the galaxy II and rogers is pumping out Iphones .. Rogers will sell the Galaxy S2 about the same time they release the new Razor ..then will come the Prime. And I bet Bell will start selling Iphones just in time for xmass

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@shortydm11 wrote:

I just called samsung to find out when they would be releasing the gs2 to rogers and the guy said "all rogers has to do is tell us they want the phone and thwe'll ship it out  so i dont understand what the big hold up is"  so rogers is just playing around with all of us....ugh so fed up

Let me understand this... Rogers has pre-orders and has collected deposits for well over a THOUSAND units ($40,000+) and they haven't placed the order with the manufacturer yet? 

shaggyskunk

The (one of a FEW) problem is that the Razr is displayed on rogers Redboard, along with the iphone...but the GS2 is CONSPICUOUS by it's absence....I'll bet rogers Retention folks are working 24/7!!!  HEY......Ted....You listening???

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@shaggyskunk wrote:

The (one of a FEW) problem is that the Razr is displayed on rogers Redboard, along with the iphone...but the GS2 is CONSPICUOUS by it's absence....I'll bet rogers Retention folks are working 24/7!!!  HEY......Ted....You listening???

He'd have to have REALLY good hearing Smiley Wink

shaggyskunk

I wonder if everyone on the "left hung out to dry" list cancelled their reservation, if maybe then, rogers would makes some sort of announcement, or update their freaking redboard..if you have not visited this redboard, I suggest you do, you will see how informative rogers can be...don't visit the redboard if you have high B.P. issues, without your physcian in attendance/

shaggyskunk

o.k. Mr. Kelly......ED!  Although..Maybe one of Steve Job's last innovations was an iphone that connects to the here after...Cool, eh!

amsid
I Plan to Stick Around

"Galaxy Nexus available in Canada this November, according to Google’s Andy Rubin"

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/10/18/googles-andy-rubin-says-canada-will-get-the-galaxy-nexus-in-novemb...