cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

drummergurl21
I Plan to Stick Around

that is highly unlikely......

i mean i know they havent annoucned it yet....but it definitely wont be that long.....they even said the galaxy s2 lte would be released shortly after the jetstrem tablet....and since no rogers employee can be trusted right now cause noone knows the actual date, i dont believe it even more....

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

No, there is A, answer....Say, is Stoney Creek the epicenter of Tech?  🙂

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

I just reserved an iphone to see which comes first. I'm more than 2,500 places down the cue compared to the s2. See what comes first. If I get the iphone first I'll just sell it at an inflated price and buy an S2 or prime from a phone company that actually gives it's customers what they want in a timely fashion heh.

shaggyskunk

Check out this link...READ the bit about Samsung delaying for a "week out of respect" for Jobs...

http://www.ottawasun.com/2011/10/18/samsungs-big-idea

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around

so basically it wasn't rogers fault. Samsung wanted to pay respect and fair game instead of hitting Apple hard with an Ifail killer during the same time of Steve Jobs passing. So, we should expect some news tomorrow then since it's the one week of his passing.

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
Samsung will univel the nexus prime today exactly after 30 min 7 pm eastern time this release is a reply for the iphone4s watch it and you will be amazed, did you folks heared about the complained that the phone 4s useless having a yellowish tint on the screen of the amazing iphone4s!!! All new from inside!!!

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
Iphone users keep an.eye on your screen any way you still have some time to switch to gs2 apple is a dead company ; rogers release the gs2 asap you won't make any more sales with this just release the s2 and watch for the people who habeas the iphone returning their phones

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@saadgh wrote:
Samsung will univel the nexus prime today exactly after 30 min 7 pm eastern time this release is a reply for the iphone4s watch it and you will be amazed, did you folks heared about the complained that the phone 4s useless having a yellowish tint on the screen of the amazing iphone4s!!! All new from inside!!!

I thought the release was 10PM EDT  -- that is 3:21 from now at youtube.com/android.  Has there been a change?

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@jckelly wrote:

@saadgh wrote:

I thought the release was 10PM EDT  -- that is 3:21 from now at youtube.com/android.  Has there been a change?

yes... youtube site still says Wed 10AM HKT - that's 10PM tonight here

binny303
I Plan to Stick Around
Ok. Just to clear evrybody's confusion, broadcats starts at

10:00 P.M Eastern Time

7:00 P.M Pacific Time

binny303
I Plan to Stick Around

Meanwhile, why the **bleep** is there no sign of GS2 LTE on Rogers site? Wasting so much of my time on internet finding about this stupid phone.

JDAWG
I've Been Here Awhile
Talk about **bleep**. I called Rogers last night for some clarification on the LTE plans. I figured since they have a website for them, and the network has been rolled out, the staff must have info. Well it turns out the CSR didn't know what LTE or 4G was. Then said she had never heard of a Samsung Galaxy S2 phone.

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry folks it is 10 pm eastern time

her is the Korean TV if you want to watch the event live

http://wwitv.com/tv_channels/7059.htm

jybute
I Plan to Stick Around
I don't think anyone should call and ask for rates and plans. Don't give Rogers any ideas about charging more money.

mbazdell

Okay I don't know where anybody got the idea that the SGS2 LTE would be released today. Rogers hasn't said that anywhere. The only thing that was stated was the Jet Stream tablet. No other devices have any date or rumored dates.

Also, November 4th is a random date, nobody has backed that up with anything credible. According to a leaked print poster in Japan, the Prime/Galaxy Nexus is destined for Novermber 10th, but we can only assume that it would be for Japan. Hard to say based on how much we don't know. The announcement is at 10 AM in Hong Kong on the 19th, which means 10PM Eastern on the 18th.

The FCC is the United States only. In Canada it's called the CRTC. Other countries have their own.

(My personal theory is that Rogers is actually going to dump the SGS2 LTE and run with the Prime instead, which is also LTE capable)

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@mbazdell wrote:

Okay I don't know where anybody got the idea that the SGS2 LTE would be released today. Rogers hasn't said that anywhere. The only thing that was stated was the Jet Stream tablet. No other devices have any date or rumored dates.

Also, November 4th is a random date, nobody has backed that up with anything credible. According to a leaked print poster in Japan, the Prime/Galaxy Nexus is destined for Novermber 10th, but we can only assume that it would be for Japan. Hard to say based on how much we don't know. The announcement is at 10 AM in Hong Kong on the 19th, which means 10PM Eastern on the 18th.

The FCC is the United States only. In Canada it's called the CRTC. Other countries have their own.

(My personal theory is that Rogers is actually going to dump the SGS2 LTE and run with the Prime instead, which is also LTE capable)

I agree with almost everything you said but we're anxious and grasping at anything at this point.

The only quibble I have is equating of the FCC and the CRTC.  They are in no manner comparable.  

mbazdell

@jckelly wrote:

I agree with almost everything you said but we're anxious and grasping at anything at this point.

The only quibble I have is equating of the FCC and the CRTC.  They are in no manner comparable.  

FCC stands for Federal Communications Commision. CRTC is Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications. They pretty much do the same thing.

EDIT: On a side note though, this has nothing to do with the actual thread. Not trying to start a debate on the job of the regulatory boards. heh.

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/10/18/official-specs-of-the-samsung-galaxy-nexus/ 

So it looks like samsung will be releasing the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, which I guess used to be called the Prime.

Since Telus has already released the pricing for GS2 Hercules, does this mean that rogers will cancel the GS2 LTE and wait for the Galaxy Nexus which is slated to hit Canada in December Im guessing ?

mbazdell

@villinvr6 wrote:

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/10/18/official-specs-of-the-samsung-galaxy-nexus/ 

So it looks like samsung will be releasing the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, which I guess used to be called the Prime.

Since Telus has already released the pricing for GS2 Hercules, does this mean that rogers will cancel the GS2 LTE and wait for the Galaxy Nexus which is slated to hit Canada in December Im guessing ?

Nowhere was it ever stated that December is the expected release date in Canada. However, your guess at the moment is as good as anybody else's if Rogers will skip the SGS2 LTE for the Nexus.

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@mbazdell wrote:

@jckelly wrote:

FCC stands for Federal Communications Commision. CRTC is Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications. They pretty much do the same thing.

EDIT: On a side note though, this has nothing to do with the actual thread. Not trying to start a debate on the job of the regulatory boards. heh.

one's a government regulator the other are stooges for the big media companies - you can determine for yourself which is which

harshida9
I Plan to Stick Around
Ok.... Based on what I just saw for galaxy nexus.... Scratch that idea about getting the sgs2 let with Rogers... I am buying the nexus outright and not renewing my contract.....