cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around

http://mobilesyrup.com/ - Follow this site. News shows tablet has been released for Rogers, Nexus to be up an coming, TELUS reveals GS2 Hercules and pricing and RIM's new BBX supposed to outperform the competition.

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around

I am extremely annoyed with rogers!!! a few days ago i was told by three different stores that yes they were getting the samsung galaxy s2 lte today! so i went to the first location and she says no they dont have it and doesnt know when its coming or if theyre even getting it. then i call the next location and they said the same thing. i then began to call all locations plus the rogers main number and now everyone knows nothing about it!!!! what is going on??? i get told by all of them its coming today and now there is nothing.... bell has had this phone for a month or so now and now telus is getting it soon why am i even still with you rogers!!!

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

hmmm....

Just looked at the Galaxy Nexus (Prime) poster on mobilesyrup.com.  It seems legit but now I'm waffling.

Why would the Prime have slower processor (1.2 vs 1.5GHz), lesser cameras 5MP and 1.3MP vs 8 and 2MP, and smaller battery than the GSIILTE?  Wouldn't the higher densiity screen (probably the most power hungry component) demand a larger battery?

We're just a little more than 9 hours from knowing for sure but i'm uncertain which way to go.  Pure Google seems to be the most compelling reason for going with the Prime.  I was really hoping the specs would be about equal.

Thoughts?

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@shortydm11 wrote:

bell has had this phone for a month or so now and now telus is getting it soon why am i even still with you rogers!!!

No, as has been stated here many times before, Bell has NOT had this phone for a month.  In fact, to the best of my knowledge, no carrier anywhere in the world has released the Galaxy S II LTE yet.

I'm as frustrated with Rogers' lack of response as anyone but arguments relying on statements that are flat out untrue undermine the legitimacy of our complaints.

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

@jckelly wrote:

@shortydm11 wrote:

bell has had this phone for a month or so now and now telus is getting it soon why am i even still with you rogers!!!

No, as has been stated here many times before, Bell has NOT had this phone for a month.  In fact, to the best of my knowledge, no carrier anywhere in the world has released the Galaxy S II LTE yet.

I'm as frustrated with Rogers' lack of response as anyone but arguments relying on statements that are flat out untrue undermine the legitimacy of our complaints.

T-mobile released it last week

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@zombiejc wrote:

@jckelly wrote:

@shortydm11 wrote:

T-mobile released it last week

I won't argue that point too strongly but, when I looked at T-Mobile's site it did not mention LTE support.  That said, the phone otherwise seems to line up with the specs we know to be coming on the SGSII LTE.

Markooh
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok so Telus is going to be releasing the Hercules shortly and for $99.00 on a three year term!!! Come on Rogers.  Why can't you get the lowered spec Galaxy S2 for us at least? (at these lower prices).  Geeze even Bell is selling the GS2 pretty cheap now.  I am really considering going for an unlocked GS2 from Bell now.  The spec's aren't that much different and LTE coverage isn't available where I live.  Going to be really interesting to see what Google/Samsung announce later today.  Rogers may have killed all the sales of the GS2 LTE before even releasing it by taking so frigg'in long.

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@Markooh wrote:

Ok so Telus is going to be releasing the Hercules shortly and for $99.00 on a three year term!!! Come on Rogers.  Why can't you get the lowered spec Galaxy S2 for us at least? (at these lower prices).  Geeze even Bell is selling the GS2 pretty cheap now.  I am really considering going for an unlocked GS2 from Bell now.  The spec's aren't that much different and LTE coverage isn't available where I live.  Going to be really interesting to see what Google/Samsung announce later today.  Rogers may have killed all the sales of the GS2 LTE before even releasing it by taking so frigg'in long.

Yes!  That's more like it.  Valid, truthful arguments. And even an insightful conclusion.  

Still won't shame Rogers into answering though -- you can't shame the shameless.

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

It looks like the iphone folks get special treatment from rogers...I could be wrong, but check out this link  http://redboard.rogers.com/2011/rogers-reservation-system-iphone-4s-update/

I also noticed that the iphone folks board had some comments that the Status of your reservation will only show either "open" or "in progress" but they say it will never show "shipped". 

shaggyskunk

.......and is this discouraging...?  If you search on rogers redboard for samsung galaxy s2 lte  = no results.

jackferret
I Plan to Stick Around

I just got off the phone and the online help centre and neither were helpfult at all. The HTC tablet is apparently all that was slated for release today, and if you read the redboard posts and press release, you can see that this is all that was actually scheduled for today - it was just written in a way that made me think that they were both coming out today.  The woman on rogers1 told me that they got their info on the tablet on friday for today's release and their is no info on the s2 in their system.  Anyone have John Boynton's phone number? Surely someone, somewhere in the Rogers corp has to know when this thing is coming.

harshida9
I Plan to Stick Around

So had a quick chat with a rogers store rep about the SGS2 and this is his thought:

'They usually know about a device launch 2 weeks in advance.. for example the Jetstream announcement was on the 28th of Sept....'. If that statement is true.. we wait a few more weeks AT LEAST......

shaggyskunk

Personally I am looking forward to seeing this on the Rogers Site;  Rogers Reservation:  Coming Spring 2029 from Tangerine Telepathic Communications... The Trans-dermal 99 Yhz (yottaherz) Bio-Processor.  Active-Interlaced Synaptic Memory.Telekinetic Variable Key-stroke. Biosphere-Storage.   With 99 year contract; only, One Google Dollars.  RESERVE YOURS NOW!

Talisman
I Plan to Stick Around

I've been keeping track of this thread for 2 months now.  My 3GS Iphone can make and recieve calls and texts 30% at time unless when I'm at home where it connects to my wireless router ant starts working 60% at a time.  I've been putting off getting a hardware upgrade since I'm around the mid 2 hundreds on the waiting list for the Samsung GS2 LTE.  I really was hoping there would have been some release date by today.  We were all mislead back on Sept. 28th with the so called LTE Launch.  Now Oct 18th is here and we know as much about the release date as we did back in September.  October 28th is the next Bone their wagging at us!!  This is what those Protestorsat St James Park should be striking about!!  It does tie into the Corporate power and manipulation tactic.

Don't even bother with Rogers. I had a 3GS that was dying constantly, then lost it at the beginning of September. By then the Galaxy S2 LTE had already been announced, so I decided to wait it out. 1.5 months later, nothing. I will buy an unlocked version of the S2, and take it with me once my contract ends. No incentive to stay with Rogers, as this whole debacle is preventing me from using my HUP.

drummergurl21
I Plan to Stick Around

I too am still waiting...and like most others on this forum, i check this thing everyday if not twice a day!

what im thinking is that they probably have a special deal with apple....obviously apple wants to be the best and since theyre 4s announcement was almost horrible, they probably have this special deal in an attempt to beat samsung's number of 20 million units sold so that they can be the best phone in the world.....so thats probably why no release date because if people knew a date they would wait for it and forget the 4s in general.....does anyone remember hearing how people who sold phones were not aloud to speak of the new iphone before it was released? well im sure thats what theyre doing with the SII.....

i almost completely blame apple....almost

what are your guys' thoughts? i'd love to see this issue differently.....

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@drummergurl21 wrote:

I too am still waiting...and like most others on this forum, i check this thing everyday if not twice a day!

what im thinking is that they probably have a special deal with apple....obviously apple wants to be the best and since theyre 4s announcement was almost horrible, they probably have this special deal in an attempt to beat samsung's number of 20 million units sold so that they can be the best phone in the world.....so thats probably why no release date because if people knew a date they would wait for it and forget the 4s in general.....does anyone remember hearing how people who sold phones were not aloud to speak of the new iphone before it was released? well im sure thats what theyre doing with the SII.....

i almost completely blame apple....almost

what are your guys' thoughts? i'd love to see this issue differently.....

I would hate to think that you're right.  As I've written here before, I don't think there are a lot of fence sitters trying to choose between iPhone and Android.  Oh, there are bound to be a few but by and large I believe that they are two different camps with different philosophies and ne'er the twain shall meet.  I, for example, wouldn't use an iPhone if it was GIVEN to me.

If I'm right, why would Rogers' antagonize one group of customers in favour of another?  It's not like one group will cannibilize sales of the other...

me14242
I've Been Around

I went to a Rogers store yesterday and spoke to an employee to ask about the S2 and was told that Rogers will be launching it on November 4th. I asked the employee if this was the same as them announcing the phone would lauch on October the 18th, and he replied that the 18th were just rumours they heard and were telling customers; the 4th is an actually internal launch date that they have been told. However, I find it very hard to believe that date considering that no one else has been able to verify this. Can anyone else confirm this November 4th date?

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@me14242 wrote:

I went to a Rogers store yesterday and spoke to an employee to ask about the S2 and was told that Rogers will be launching it on November 4th. I asked the employee if this was the same as them announcing the phone would lauch on October the 18th, and he replied that the 18th were just rumours they heard and were telling customers; the 4th is an actually internal launch date that they have been told. However, I find it very hard to believe that date considering that no one else has been able to verify this. Can anyone else confirm this November 4th date?

Geezus... I was hoping Nov 4 might be the Canadian release date for the PRIME not the SII lte

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around

i know bell doesnt have the gs2 lte but it still has the gs2 and i played with it and its awesome!

I walked into a Rogers Wireless store today in Stoney Creek, ON.  I asked the guy behind the counter if they got the  Samsung Galaxy S II LTE yet, and he confidently said not yet man, Rogers isn't launching it until closer to Christmas. So there's your answer folks!