cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around

so.. i guess lots of ppl still don't kno the difference between "galaxy s2" and "galaxy s2 LTE"

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

I take it that based on people's replies, new reservations for Galaxy S2 are still being accepted. I guess because I already have the S2 reserved I can no longer add it to my list unless I cancel my reservation. It was showing in my list of reservable phones up until today.

Thanks for clarifying everyone...dang, I thought maybe it was because they were about to ship out, haha! The wait continues I guess.

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around

but i really like the white galasy s2 from bell.

i'm guessing i have to wait another 6month if i wanna get the white one from rogers.

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@shaggyskunk wrote:

O.K.  how many versions of a Samsung Galaxy s ll 4G are there?  I think that there is only the one...the regular price at future shope was $169...they have a flyer out and until the 13th of Oct, the price is $49.99!

At this moment, Bell does NOT offer the Samsung Galaxy S II LTE, they offer the Galaxy S II

the SII has a 4.3" screen, 1.2 Ghz processor and an HSPA+ radio

the SII LTE has a 4.5" screen, 1.5 Ghz processor and both an HSPA+ AND an LTE radio

they are NOT the same phone... Go to futureshop and buy one if you like but you're not getting the same phone

the specs are ALL OVER the internet

google is your friend

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

oh... and "4G" has been so mis-used that it now means NOTHING

you can get a "hamburger" at McDonalds and at Licks but you're not getting the same thing

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor
o.k. (sheepishly he says) you are right about the gs2 LTE version! 🙂
Thanks!

fgjghjg
I've Been Around

The kick-off for the Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE will be on October 18th.

From an inside source.

Cheers.

Silvertag
I Plan to Stick Around

That's the LTE network and LTE tablet/internet usb stick launch date. S2 should be somewhat later in the same month.

shaggyskunk

So does anyone have any idea what your # on the res. list actually means?  If you are  # 100, does that mean Rogers will  send out 99 phones before you get yours?  I wonder just how many units Rogers is receiving from samsung?

Duffy924
I've Been Around
Rogers will order from Samsung based on the amount of phone reservations they get. I'm sure that's why they have the reservation system.

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around
They're going to send out a certain number to every store based on the reserve projections, you will then receive your phone based on what your number is in that store/your city. If you are in the top 100 you won't have any trouble receiving your phone, **bleep** if you're on the list period you should be getting your order the day it's released. They won't be sending them out to each person who reserved, that just holds your phone at your location. This isn't the iPhone, when it comes available you should be able to get your phone

shaggyskunk
my guess would be that they have the reservation system to keep people happy...period. As for the number of units they will order...enough to give iphone buyers a choice.

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
If you reserve a device the store will keep your device a side usually each store will get 175 devices they going to start selling them but yours will keep it a side, I did not make any reservation and I guess that there will be no store will run out of this device, dontworry your device is secured I will keep an eye on rogers web and see when they will release it

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
With the iphone 4s no need to reserve any devise you are allowed to by up to two device per person this is what happened when they release the iphone 4

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
I have asked rogers rep at squaring male in Mississauga they don't give you an answer when it will be released most probably the iphone will be released before the gs2 they will try to sell as much as they can before the release the gs2 its a way that they make more money because apple give more commission when rogers or bell will sell this product

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
Sorry for the wrong spelling I am using may galaxy tab 7 to write this

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
Guys do not ever buy the iphone is not worth any thing its slower processor than the gs2 LTE smaller screen I was an iphone fan before and I changed my mined apple is trying to force us to pay for every upgrade they make to their phones like they want you to pay 199 for the 1 Hz dual processor then they will make the screen 4" then 4,3" then 4,5" etc

shaggyskunk

well, i hope that rogers lets us know when the phones have arrived at the store for pick up...so far, in spite of their advise  after making the reservation. there has not been a single e-mail update as to the status.

Was at futureshop last night and a rep said they were suppose to have the S2 (not LTE) by now. She also mentioned

that they should be receiving the phone early next week however there were no shipment details regarding

the S2 or any info was received from rogers... she had no real info on the LTE.  

Arkham
I Plan to Stick Around

I really hope the Rogers version is the overclocked Exynos, and not the 1.5Ghz Snapdragon like T-Mobiles'...

jybute
I Plan to Stick Around

I have to say, I have been a large fan of the iOS since its introduction to Canada back in 2008, it was just at iOS 2.0 back then too.

I have been interested in android since the Motorola released the droid a couple years back. Since then, there have been some huge improvements with Android so I am really excited to trade up from my iPhone 4. I still love my iPhone, I just want to see for myself what the big difference is and make up my own mind.

Does anyone know where a good resource for all things Android would be??