cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

I just looked to reserve another phone just to see if Rogers added anything recently and it appears that the LTE phone is no longer available to reserve. So either that means they're preparing to launch and ship the device or there is some other setback or maybe having the phone available to reserve was interfering with iphone 4S presales which will most likely launch sooner than this flippin phone and make them more money per device and we all know that money talks so what's more likely?

Is everyone else's reservation system showing the same? Curious.

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

That leak looks to be a fake. Have to wait for something a little more concrete comes out. The picture used doesn't seem to be legit and the proper samsung lingo isn't used when listing the specs.

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah the reservation system doesn't seem to list LTE phones for me either.

pbarr3
I Plan to Stick Around
Is it a good thing that the SGS2 LTE isn't available for reservation anymore? I think it may be. I hope so, anyway.
I'm really looking forward to the phone. I'm not so upset about the wait anymore.
I can't wait to show off to all my friends that, contrary to what they say, the SGS2 is superior to their iPhones. They're all just Apple fans, obviously, or else they'd open their eyes.

Another friend also said, "Yeah, my girlfriend has the Samsung Galaxy, and it's pretty choppy and glitchy a times."

Maybe the SG is, but the SGS2 is coming out for a reason, after all.

I'm stoked now.

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

I just checked on my reservation status... I've moved up to #5.  Apparently someone cancelled.  I'm still considering doing that myself.  I'm really much more stoked about the Nexus Prime.

I didn't persue it far, but on another of my accounts I was able to start the reservation process for a SGS2 LTE.   Maybe it's just come back, or maybe I'm doing something different but the option is definitely there.

Markooh
I Plan to Stick Around

I've moved up a few spots to (#249 now).  So I would assume since you (jckelly) haven't gotten your phone yet being that high up on the list then its definitely people cancelling their reservation.  I was told late last week by two different rogers store reps should be next week (one said the 17th the other said the 18th) that they will be available.  Hopefully one of those two is right and we'll get emails saying go get 'um later this week.

drummergurl21
I Plan to Stick Around

i am too able to reserve the samsung galaxy s2 as well!

im number 456.....and im not giving up the galaxy!

ive waited this long and it'd be kind of stupid to just cancel it...

if the nexus prime was to be announced today, like it was originally planned, then that would have been a different story

but in my opinion, i just dont want to wait anymore and i cant wait to get the s2!!!
: )

my friends are excited for me...aha

pbarr3
I Plan to Stick Around
Note: I was originally #308 or something, and now I'm #285. A lot of people seem to have canceled their reservations. Yay!

But poor them...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Not really poor them. If Rogers is not giving a day of the release & people are just waiting around then yes i would do the same thing as them. Rogers gave little info about how the device looks like & when it will be released. All they said is " you are able to reserve it online"

Then never said when it will be released nor how long it will take. The ones that cancelled most likely thought & like everyone else thought that the phone would be released at least a few weeks after. How long as it been since you guys have reserved the phone? At least 3 weeks. I am sure Rogers would have said something if the phone would be released in a week or so.

pbarr3
I Plan to Stick Around
Not really poor them. If Rogers is not giving a day of the release & people are just waiting around then yes i would do the same thing as them. Rogers gave little info about how the device looks like & when it will be released. All they said is " you are able to reserve it online"

Then never said when it will be released nor how long it will take. The ones that cancelled most likely thought & like everyone else thought that the phone would be released at least a few weeks after. How long as it been since you guys have reserved the phone? At least 3 weeks. I am sure Rogers would have said something if the phone would be released in a week or so.
------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it's in our hands to know what the phone we want is like. You can find endless videos, some in-depth, some just barely touching the details, all on YouTube, and it's almost too easy to do so.

Also, LTE, and the new tablet go live on October 18th, and the SGS2 shortly after, they say. Also, plenty of reps have all said it will be released around that time, and we'll have our phones by the end of the month.

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

I would hope fairly soon, t-mobile just released their s2, which is the same model as what rogers is to be releasing. So as long as the release of the stupid iphone 4s doesn't stall it's release it should be out soon. I don't see why it wouldn't be released at lte launch on the 18th, I know it didn't specifically say it would be coming out then, but I can't see a good reason for it being held up longer than that.

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor
bell already has the gs2!

shaggyskunk
future shop has the gs2 for sale NOW for $49.99 with Bell! so i don't know what rogers is waiting for, other then maybe stock, or maybe bell has snookered rogers, and rogers customers either have to wait, or switch to bell.
it's interesting that the gs2 costs $199.99 from rogers, but bell is selling them at 1/4 the price & NOW!

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

They don't have Lte 1.5ghz gs2 with the 4.5" screen. That just came out with t-mobile last week, they're the only provider with that version of the phone. So it may have been the version that held up this release, but that shouldn't be much of a reason anymore.

pbarr3
I Plan to Stick Around
Wait, so how much is the SGS2? I thought it was $50 with a 3-year plan?
Not only do I have to wait an extremely long time for the phone, but the price is off?

What the **bleep**?

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

$199 on a 3 yr plan

shaggyskunk

In Ottawa, Canada at futureshop,  the gs2 is 4.99 with a three year plan with Bell.

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@shaggyskunk wrote:

In Ottawa, Canada at futureshop,  the gs2 is 4.99 with a three year plan with Bell.

not that it should make THAT much difference but, as has been pointed out many times, it's not the same phone.

All phones will get cheaper and it doesn't take long for it to happen.  Evo 3D was, what, 149? just weeks ago.  now $50.  You always pay to be on the bleeding edge -- even if it's not so bloody as is often the case with Rogers.  

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
I STILL CAN RESERVE THE LTE SAMSUNG GALAXY S2, WHO SAID YOU CANT DO IT????

I DID NOT RESERVE ANY DEVICE AS OF YET AND WHEN I TRIED TO RESERVE IT, ITS GIVING ME OPTION WHAT DEVICE I WANT TO RESERVE INCLOUDING GS2 LTE

shaggyskunk

O.K.  how many versions of a Samsung Galaxy s ll 4G are there?  I think that there is only the one...the regular price at future shope was $169...they have a flyer out and until the 13th of Oct, the price is $49.99!