cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

2,126 REPLIES 2,126

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

"Buddy, you have to understand that it's not rogers' responsibility to tell people about the phone, its Samsungs'"

Oh.... My bad. I thought Rogers was the company that I was paying the money to for the product they offer. Didn't realize it should be the manufacturer who is responsible for advertising the item and giving full details on it. I keep forgetting that when the retailer orders the hardware with certain specs, that the manufacturer will sell them something different and not tell anybody.

Last but i'm pretty sure not least, I think you are having major "reality check" issues. When you buy a PS3 or Xbox, or any other electronic, if you need support do you call up your retailer? or the manufacturer? Rogers is a SERVICE PROVIDER, in case you missed it, SERVICE PROVIDER. Rogers are retailers, they sell and distribute phones, but when it comes to support, especially on a device that has not even been released, how tha heck can you blame rogers for not giving you updates on the progress, you think they call up samsung everyday and have discussions on whats happening? No. You pay rogers to provide you with calling services, sms, data and thats IT. they dont sell phones or make em, they are a reseller, they RESELL phones for suppliers and offer services for it. So you pay Rogers for the services you get, not the hardware.

Now, stop being ignorant, wake up and learn. You still are a 18 year old kid living in mama's house who wants his phone to text his friends. The way you think it works, is not the way it works. Either you take it like a man, or you cry about it like a wuss

Id say Rogers shoulders quite a bit of the responsibility being a reseller.  If they are they are selling me a phone they should be giving me accurate information.  this is tottaly different than service/support.  Rogers should be relaying information provided by samsung, since the phones and release dates are different for almost every carrier and country I wouldn't go to samsung for information on the rogers SII it would stand to reason that Rogers should be giving me that information.
Bang on on all the other points tho +1

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@jckelly wrote:

@jckelly wrote:
On the off chance that someone from Rogers will respond... the automated response to my reservation said I would receive weekly status updates by email. I have received no such updates as we enter week 3. Has someone dropped the ball or is thee really nothing to report. Speculation breeds contempt.

Well, here we are, halfway through week four and I still haven't received my first "weekly update" that Rogers promised in their reservation confirmation message.

Still speculating.

My weekly update (seeing Rogers isn't providing their's as they promised):

We're into week 5.  No official word from Rogers. LTE goes live in Toronto today. Will this be release day for the phone as well?  There has been some speculation that it will. Then again, I heard a rumour that Rogers has some stock but not enough to release. But, if that's the case, why not start shipping to those on the reservation list?  I ask again, Why the secrecy?

Markooh
I Plan to Stick Around

I am still waiting to and have yet to receive "an automated update" from Rogers either (I've been on the "list" for three weeks now).  Is anyone else on the waiting list?  Have they moved much (if any) on the waiting list???

moose24ca
I've Been Here Awhile

I've been on the list since the beginning as well and no updates. I'd love to know I can pick up my phone today or sometime this week. It would be nice to hear something.

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around
I think it's safe to say they haven't moved at all on the list. Being that I'm #6, I can't imagine that they would get any shipment that wasn't large enough to get to me and I haven't heard a peep.

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around

I saw an ad from rogers with SGS2 LTE in the news paper.

but it still said "coming soon" =[

allo
I Plan to Stick Around
Hey! I was at the Eaton Centre, checked out The Telephone Booth Store, The Rogers Kisok, The Rogers Store, & Wireless Wave, these are the responses:

Telephone Booth Store - not anytime soon, probably expect a shipment END OF NEXT WEEK (OCT 7TH)

Rogers Kisok - expected shipment next week, over the weekend for monday's release

Rogers Store - delayed Until November 2011 (?!) ... i was like WTF, I am number 5 on the waiting queue .... the rep is like, no shipment yet

Wireless Wave - what do you mean by LTE Samsung Galaxy S2, you must have it confused with Bell's Samsung Galaxy S2, or Enfuse Samsung Galaxy S2, which is way better than the LTE you are mentioning, ....I was like, **bleep**! ... sigh...roger's dropped the ball on this one too!!!

Markooh
I Plan to Stick Around

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think it's safe to say they haven't moved at all on the list. Being that I'm #6, I can't imagine that they would get any shipment that wasn't large enough to get to me and I haven't heard a peep. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#6 on the "so called" waiting list.  I am at #280, started at 311 three weeks ago.  So I guess the only reason I've been moving up the list is people cancelling their reserved device.  You'd think they'd have "new devices" for the "new network" once the network launched??? 

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around

will there be a different plan for LTE phone?

or can we still use smartphone data plan?

hershL
I Plan to Stick Around

LOL. I'm 611 in line, so i don't feel too bad about people before me who are impatient, haha. Hope that makes you feel better.
I was hoping the device would launch before the iPhone5 madness begins (i thnk it should be announced Tuesday or Wednesday), but i guess that doesnt really affect us.
I was also sceptical about the LTE plans and was 90% certain i would be sticking with HSPA but the 10gig plan sounds like it might be worth considering. Netflix seems to work fine on my 1st gen galaxy over 3g (just slightly choppy, probably bcos of hardware though) so im excited at the prospect of streaming over LTE.  

GRX40
I'm Here A Lot
How is a 52$/month data plan worth it? Even if it is 10GB?

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

Dropped in at my local Rogers Plus store today to see if they had any word on when I might get my SGS2 LTE.  They have no information.  Rogers corporate remains silent - their promised "weekly emails from us with a status on your reservation and approximate timing on the shipment of your device for pick up" continue to elude my inbox.

Keep posting your updates, Rogers is ignoring us.

SAL14M
I've Been Here Awhile

This certainly is a head scratcher....

Lately I have been looking at the competition, namely Bell, and they just seem to have the best selection of Android phones and new releases.

btw I noticed that AT&T announced their S2 release date Oct 2nd, perhaps this is inline with what Rogers is doing?

Gpsniper
I'm Here A Lot
So I got this email from Rogers today.

When Rogers first announced plans to deploy LTE, we vowed to bring the world’s fastest wireless network technology across Canada as quickly as we could. City by city, Rogers is making that a reality.

Yesteday Rogers launched our LTE network in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver, joining Ottawa where Rogers launched Canada's first LTE network back in July. Now, more than 5.5 million Canadians have access to LTE with Rogers – more than any other wireless company in Canada.

On October 18, we kick off what will be the widest selection of devices with a Rogers exclusive HTC Jetstream LTE tablet, the fastest tablet in Canada. This Android 3.1 tablet boasts LTE + Wi-Fi  connectivity, a 10" high resolution touchscreen, 32 GB capacity, and dual-core 1.5GHz processor. Add the HTC Scribe digital pen accessory and you can even sketch, highlight, take notes, or sign documents on your tablet. Rogers customers can reserve this tablet, the Samsung Galaxy S II LTE smartphone, or the LTE Rocketmobile hotspot (Sierra Wireless AirCard 754S) online today at www.rogers.com/lte.

To celebrate the expansion of Canada's first LTE network, we've also introduced a special, limited time offer that provides LTE customers a chance to purchase one of Rogers largest ever data buckets – 10GB for $52.93 per month on a 3 year plan.

The national launch of LTE reinforces Rogers proud history of innovative firsts and commitment to investing to build Canada's digital future. Thanks again for your support of LTE and moving Canada forward.

- Miranda 

thatsstill a month away!

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@Gpsniper wrote:
So I got this email from Rogers today.

When Rogers first announced plans to deploy LTE, we vowed to bring the world’s fastest wireless network technology across Canada as quickly as we could. City by city, Rogers is making that a reality.

Yesteday Rogers launched our LTE network in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver, joining Ottawa where Rogers launched Canada's first LTE network back in July. Now, more than 5.5 million Canadians have access to LTE with Rogers – more than any other wireless company in Canada.

On October 18, we kick off what will be the widest selection of devices with a Rogers exclusive HTC Jetstream LTE tablet, the fastest tablet in Canada. This Android 3.1 tablet boasts LTE + Wi-Fi  connectivity, a 10" high resolution touchscreen, 32 GB capacity, and dual-core 1.5GHz processor. Add the HTC Scribe digital pen accessory and you can even sketch, highlight, take notes, or sign documents on your tablet. Rogers customers can reserve this tablet, the Samsung Galaxy S II LTE smartphone, or the LTE Rocketmobile hotspot (Sierra Wireless AirCard 754S) online today at www.rogers.com/lte.

To celebrate the expansion of Canada's first LTE network, we've also introduced a special, limited time offer that provides LTE customers a chance to purchase one of Rogers largest ever data buckets – 10GB for $52.93 per month on a 3 year plan.

The national launch of LTE reinforces Rogers proud history of innovative firsts and commitment to investing to build Canada's digital future. Thanks again for your support of LTE and moving Canada forward.

- Miranda 

That's all well and good but parse that message carefully because it doesn't say that the Galaxy S II LTE will be available on October 18.  What it says is: "On October 18, we kick off what will be the widest selection of devices with a Rogers exclusive HTC Jetstream LTE tablet, the fastest tablet in Canada."  So the Jetstream will be available on the 18th.  But what about the GS2?  All it says about that is that you can reserve it.

They're very sly.  At first glance I said "well at least now we know", but we don't know.  We still don't have a date for the phone we're all waiting for.

It actually says the tablet, galaxy s2 and the rocketmobile can be reserved online today. They are kicking off the widest selection WITH and exclusive tablet on the 18th. I'm assuming they are talking about all their LTE capable devices. Again, I'm just assuming. On the Rogers lte site, it only lists 3 lte devices. A tablet, galaxy s2 and a rocket mobile stick. I guess all we can do is cross our fingers.

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around
I went to squarone mall in mississauga and rogers store told me they dont know when the s2 will be available, the other rogers store @ the same mall said we will get it in 2 weeks!!

Markooh
I Plan to Stick Around

"I went to squarone mall in mississauga and rogers store told me they dont know when the s2 will be available, the other rogers store @ the same mall said we will get it in 2 weeks!!"

You'd think someone at Rogers would a)Know and b) Inform the people that work for Rogers (in particular customer service and the Rogers stores) and those on the waiting list as to when the phones are being shipped.  Heck, since I am talking crazy why wouldn't a Rogers rep be reading these boards and providing feedback/information to us???  I know, I know, I am talking crazy now Smiley Very Happy  lol

soondai14
I Plan to Stick Around

i just wish SGS2 to be available before iphone 5. i wouldn't wanna wait again at the rogers store bc of those ppl who wants to get iphone 5.

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers rep, they don’t have enough knowledge about what is going on, I thing Rogers must have a look at this problem, the girl just tried to sell a product!!

I have asked her about the LTE she did not know any thing about it!!

Then I told her check your website, and then she realized and goes ohhhh you are right SIR!!!

Well can I run a Rogers store instead of her!!