Samsung Galaxy S2 update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 update

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Well Google has said that ICS must come with the default interface, so there should be a way to disable touchwiz. I don't use it and people I know using the Galaxy Nexus don't even use the stock ICS launcher anyways. Not a big deal really.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I trust that we will not be left waiting behind the SII LTE (ATT SKYROCKET) update already leaked. I paid $199 plus 3 years commitment  the day before the sales opened at $179 and I already have a very bitter taste for our provider i may still buy out of the contract and root my phone.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Already running it.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@Mbazdell. You are running it because of rooting the phone with ATT version. Say that before saying " Already running it"... That gives false statement in which others can think " How are they running it on their phone & we aren't." type of a thing you know? 🙂 .

@ NewKID. Nowhere do i see " We are releasing the 4.0.4 update for Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE."

It says "We’ve started rolling out Android 4.0.4, Ice Cream Sandwich, to UMTS/GSM Nexus S, Xoom Wi-Fi, and HSPA+ Galaxy Nexus devices, and we'll be rolling it out to more devices in the coming weeks. Some of you will be receiving Ice Cream Sandwich for the first time, while others will be receiving an update to your existing Ice Cream Sandwich experience with stability improvements, better camera performance, smoother screen rotation, improved phone number recognition and more."

Once Rogers gets the 4.0 update from Google, they will start adding their own bloatware & other little things into the update. This may take a few months for us to get it. If lucky we might get the update before the summer. Who knows.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Zeknichov wrote:

By the time the S2 gets 4.0 the S3 will come out with 4.0 only to have 5.0 come out a month later with the Nexus2 and then the cycle of waiting until we get the current update will continue.

That's true but do you upgrade your TV, computer, car every 3-6 months a new model comes out? Keeping up with the latest everything sounds like OCD to me lol. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Just trying to figure out why I can not upgrade to SW on GS2, I was under the impression it was recieving the update?  I have KEIS but it tells me I have the latest firmware on my phone.

Or is there a newer firmware than SW that I should be able to get?

Also, I know I could root but I don't want to.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

When Samsung sends the update to Rogers, Rogers needs to put their own bloatware & test out the update before sending it out to us. This can take a while for it to happen. Rogers is known to take their time to update devices. The only way to get the updates is if you Root. Rogers does not comment or give any ETA on when updates are coming out.

It sucks i know. We just have to wait until Rogers pushes out the update to us when they want.