Samsung Galaxy S2 update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Samsung Galaxy S2 update

Apparently a lot of countries are getting ICS on March 15 including Israel and a couple of other Eastern European countries. So is it safe to assume Rogers or Samsung Canada (whoever handles the updated idk with Android) will have it ready soon-ish?

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-s2-ice-cream-san...

******* Edit labels ********

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 update

Seriously???
Highlighted

@shaggyskunk wrote:
Seriously???

Yep.

We should have it by 2013-2014 here in Canada (sarcasm).

Highlighted

you do realize, that the gsll in that link is not OUR gsll, right?
I'm guessing that you did however realize that my "really" was sarcasm.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yea i think he did not know which device Rogers was carrier ( model wise)
Highlighted

No idea what the SGS2 model is but the SGH-I727 skyrocket and rogers SGH-I727R are the same model and seeing how it's pretty much the poster phone for both Rogers and AT&T as far as LTE and it is in fact part of the SGS2 family it *should* theoratically receive the update...afterall the o.g. SGS2 is far inferior as far as specs go (so is the Nexus). We'll see I guess...the skyrocket is only US and Canada right? Israel has the other version (not skyrocket). Meh in 3 years it will be replaced by a 20 core model seeing how fast they come out with "new" models lol. 

Highlighted

One of the problems that Samsung has (I think), is that they seem to have forgotten that people do in fact surf the world... Samsung has called at least 4 totally different phones Galaxy Sll ...and that excludes the sgh-i727 & sgh-i727R...many, many people have wrecked their phones by trying to root or run custom roms for the wrong version!!!!
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Does anyone from Rogers want to take a crack at this one? 

Any specific dates or timeline?

We all NEED ICS.:)

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Awall81. Rogers does not comment on updates that they have not received. Samsung has NOT sent the updates out to Canada yet. This means that Samsung needs to send the update to the Canadian carriers & THEN Rogers will start putting their own bloatware into it & release it sometime before Xmas lol.

This is not Rogers fault. Samsung is the one that has not sent it out yet. Also the Samsung s2 & Samsung s2 LTE are 2 different phones btw.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

By the time the S2 gets 4.0 the S3 will come out with 4.0 only to have 5.0 come out a month later with the Nexus2 and then the cycle of waiting until we get the current update will continue.