Samsung Galaxy S2 SpeedTest

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewKID
I Plan to Stick Around

Samsung Galaxy S2 SpeedTest

i did the speedtest with a friend who also has a Samsung Galaxy S2 with Rogers. my 4G download/upload speeds were slower than his 4G download/upload speeds. he had 8mbps download and i had half of that. we did the test about 8 times. we also did a speedtest with the wifi as a benchmark. we both had the same speeds. but when we did the 4g speedtests, mine were evidently half of his.

any one know why?

******* Edit labels ********

NewKID
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 SpeedTest

i finally decided to call rogers tonight about my slow internet. he reset my signal to my phone. he strongly emphesized why i might be gettin slow internet is because im inside a building... aren't most people usually inside a building during the winter time? my internet speed has not improved... i couldnt stand talkin to him

Novanorm
I Plan to Stick Around

How new is your sim card.  I had problems until I updated mine.  If your friends was new and yours wasn't that might explain.

mbazdell
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Try not to use terms like "4G" because they don't mean anything. On your phone, does it say LTE at the top near the clock? If not, then you're not going to get the fast speed. That's the first step before trying anything else. I'm assuming you have a new LTE sim card.

NewKID
I Plan to Stick Around

starting today, ive noticed that my internet has been running smoothly and quicker on the LTE. yes i do see LTE on the top of the screen. ive been getting 22  mbps download and 13 mbps upload on average. a few days ago i factory resetted my phone. it was recommended by one of the tech support guys on the phone. for now its been great. 

kwhit
I'm Here A Lot

Mine has been very slow the last few weeks like 2.5mbps with 3 bars of service.  Just did a speed test with 1 bar and im getting 13mbps.  I wonder if rogers has fixed something?

NewKID
I Plan to Stick Around

the bars dont matter. thats more for calling and texting. it could be the buidling you're in. the tech support guy said, "you'd get a better signal outdoors. the signals are meant for people inside." in my head im like what the heck?!?!?!?!?! arent people mostly indoors in the winter time? doesnt make sense