Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE update

Is the ICS HERE YET OR WHAT MAN HOW WILL WE KNOW WHEN ROGERS GUESS IT? OR DO U EVEN THINK ROGERS WILL GET ICS ?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

ICS will not come UNTIL Rogers adds their own bloatware into it ( meaning the Boot screen & a few little things they add) Samsung needs to send it to Rogers & then Rogers techs will start adding the stuff into it. Rogers will not tell us anything until its fully released from their end. Even Bell & Telus have the same protocol
I'm a Trusted Contributor

There have been a number of sites, that seem to believe that ICS will be arriving March 1st for the sgh-i727. But that, if it's true would likely mean that only the code for ICS would be released... Sites like XDA would then have a custom rom in short order.... as for rogers... well??
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I have read that as well. You could root your phone when XDA comes out with it & just install that one instead of waiting.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Meowmix wrote:
Settings>About phone>Software updates.

This is how my S2 LTE & HTC Raider are.

I have the latest S2 LTE from Rogers (unrooted) and I don't have a "Software Updates" either.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I had a Samsung Focus for a few days, and it had an option in "about phone" to check for updates... don't know why the sgh-i727R doesn't?? It does in the U.S.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@shaggyskunk wrote:
I had a Samsung Focus for a few days, and it had an option in "about phone" to check for updates... don't know why the sgh-i727R doesn't?? It does in the U.S.

I don't have the option to check for updates anywhere either. I have the latest Samsung Galaxy S II LTE by Rogers unrooted. How many others don't have this option and how many of you do have this option?

It does in the US for the Skyrocket which is the same phone.

I've Been Around

I have asked rogers as well as samsung about this issue, they say it is on all of the rogers lte phones and its because kies is what checks for the update for you. I also found out that if you have the lte listed as your phone in the "My Account" page you will get a text when ics comes out from rogers from the phone.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

I dont know where you got ur info from but you are wrong. They are not going to text u when the update is out if u have LTE on ur plan or on ur account. This was a plain lie whoever told u this. Rogers or no carrier does this because its unfair to.the othera that use the phone without LTE.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

rooted or unrooted rogers stock firmware users have to use kies to check if there is a firmware update, att users have an option on thier phones to check, rogers doesnt. if u flashed a rom on a rogers i727r ur flashing an att firmware which will have the software update option, but wont do anything when u click on it