Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE update

this morning i was restarting my phone. while it was loading back up, a screen popped up asking me if i want to upgrade something,but i declined it at the time because i was at work and wasnt on wifi. now that im at home, i tried updating it by restarting my phone again. this time, nothing happened and it booted up right to the home page.

i checked online and i found that SGS2 LTE is gettin a ICS upgrade, but i cant find out how to get it right now. i assumed that the message i got this morning was to confirm if i wanted to upgrade to ICS. maybe i thought wrong.

any thoughts?

******* Edit labels ********

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE update

It was NOT ICS (Android 4).  I think Samsung has said January, but that doesn't mean Rogers will push it in January.  You may have to root your phone and download a non-stock ROM with ICS, but that depends on Rogers and your level of patience.

I'm wondering if that was the update you received to take you to Android 2.3.6 that AT&T (with the same phone) got a couple of days ago.  There was a bug in Google Voice or something similar, that was the only item in the change log for 2.3.6.  Currently the Rogers phones have Android 2.3.5.

I have been waiting for Rogers to push the newest version.  It didn't surprise me that they were behind AT&T.

Anyone else know if that's what they were pushing?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

FFFFFFFFFFFF. ok thanks. i got my hopes up lol. well from what i remember it said something about downloading about something custom. and i was downloading at my own risk. i just took a quick look of it and pressed no, assuming i could download it later.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Let me know if it comes up again and what it says.

Harry

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

my old android had an "update" section under "about" phone.  On my S2 LTE it cant find that "update" section.  Does anyone know where it is?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Settings>About phone>Software updates.

This is how my S2 LTE & HTC Raider are.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Are you sure it's there? I have an i727R as well and I don't see the updates page under About Phone.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Yeah, there is nothing allowing for update phone & there are only a couple of items that you can select to expand in the" about phone" section. When I tried a Win Phone 7 Focus,it DID have that option.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Yeah, there is nothing allowing for update phone & there are only a couple of items that you can select to expand in the" about phone" section. When I tried a Win Phone 7 Focus,it DID have that option,to check for updates...
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

yah thats the section where it should be in but on my S2 from Rogers its not there