Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE Operating System Ugrade

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE Operating System Ugrade

No one will know when Rogers will recieve it. They never release this info until they are ready to release the update.
shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Talisman.... even if rogers had ICS today.... it would still be some time before rogers released it to the public. The current O/S is pretty decent, and it's not going to be like going from vista to win7 or anything anyhow. But if you just can't wait... visit XDA, and see what's there.
Mobilesyrup, along with sammobile,have the latest info as to what's where and when.
lyril_shimrakha
I've Been Around

Rogers is taking time to develop the CIQ for the SGS2 LTE. But I think they should provide the ICS without any CIQ in it, even though I know they won't. It’s consuming a lot of power even when the phone is in the idle state. I noticed considerable change when I used SGS2 without any CIQ in it. More over the customers face a lot of privacy issue with this stuff on it and they are not even aware of the fact that even a single click on the phone is logged in the Rogers server(even the information passed through https encrypted websites) which should taken as a serious issue.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Rogers is aware of the fact the every single click on the phone i logged into the servers but they really do not care. This is why people are starting to leave Rogers. No customers service, Lack of any person to help you out & they take time to release updates for the phones they carry.
shaggyskunk

Rogers have confirmed that ciq is there And that it's not active. If the carriers used ciq to improve the quality of the service.. I would fully support it. Don't people know that Google keeps track of almost every thing that you do??
shaggyskunk

BTW, my previous post was directed to lyril 😉
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Agreed with Shaggy. Google keeps track of everyone's moves with the Android phones. I am sure people know this as well.

CIQ is built in the software but not active on the new phones.
NewKID
I Plan to Stick Around