Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE Battery HELP!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE Battery HELP!!

Ok so I just got the s2 lte from rogers yesterday and im already having problems with battery life. the phone's battery died in just 8 hours of standby, and after 2 hours of charging it only went up by 46%. i start using the phone while its in charge (just playing temple run) and the battery life goes DOWN. while its charging. and i know temple run is a game which consumes quite a bit of battery, but there is no way that is supposed to happen. it didnt even happen on my old sony ericsson xperia

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE Battery HELP!!

Yup. The battery life is pretty terrible on the phone. There are apps you get that can help a bit, but really they don't enough to matter I find. If you want to keep your battery life, turn off the LTE and just stick to HSPA. I find that helps a lot really.

I've Been Around

Let the phone completely die to the point where it shuts itself off, then plug it in over night without turning it back on until the morning. My battery life was terrible when i got it, until i did the above procedure.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes the bat. life does seem to get better after you cycle the charging a few times. Then get Juice Defender. This app helped me a lot. It turns off the radios when the phone is idle and a few other good things.

Stew

I Plan to Stick Around

Agreed that the battery life is abysmal, but whoah what a phone! The comment about getting a full discharge and charge should be a great start.  I have found recently my best app for battery life. It is called Juice defender and is available free or paid in the Play Store.

Also, I purchased a 5aH battery pack/Charger from Mobix on Deal of the Day. look for this device and it will store 2-1/2 full charges that you can field rechagre without the computer, charger or car nearby.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Welcome to the community!

I Plan to Stick Around

OOPS , Missed your post Stew. Yes Juice defender all the way!