Samsung Galaxy Note - Rogers, you gotta grab this one!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note - Rogers, you gotta grab this one!

I'd also like to add my voice to the Galaxy Note crowd! That's my next phone! I'm one year into a three year contract, but I'll work something out!

I Plan to Stick Around

I spoke with someone from Rogers yesterday and he said he didn't think that Rogers or any of the other providers in Canada would be getting the Samsung Galaxy Note because of the bad experience with the Dell Streak.

I mentioned to him that I don't know why they would want to compare the Note with the Streak since the Note is obviously a superior phone. I also mentioned that  if any of the providers get this phone and if Rogers didn't I would be so leaving Rogers.

I Plan to Stick Around

A new review of the Galaxy Note:

Galaxy Note Review by Engadget

I'm a Trusted Advisor

From what i have noticed the Dell Streak was a phone that was not supposed to be released. Barely anyone got it & the people that got it either had problems with it or returned it back.

I do not know if Rogers will release it but i hope they do.. Rogers needs to start releasing devices like this to bring them back to the top. They got the S2 LTE & the HTC Raider but they need more phones ( None LTE as well )
I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah, I don't know why that rogers rep would be making a comparison between the Dell Streak & the Galaxy Note. They only thing they have in common is a larger-than-average screen size - therefore he's implying that the reason the Dell Streak failed because of a larger screen size..? Talk about an attribution error.

Hopefully people at Rogers' head office are a bit more logical than this guy...

**bleep**... really want this phone. And now that the GSII LTE is basically out (and I'm eligible for the upgrade pricing), it's becoming a real tough call. I wish I at least knew if it was coming - even if I have to wait 6 months.

I Plan to Stick Around

@hey_tommy wrote:

Yeah, I don't know why that rogers rep would be making a comparison between the Dell Streak & the Galaxy Note. They only thing they have in common is a larger-than-average screen size - therefore he's implying that the reason the Dell Streak failed because of a larger screen size..? Talk about an attribution error.

Hopefully people at Rogers' head office are a bit more logical than this guy...

**bleep**... really want this phone. And now that the GSII LTE is basically out (and I'm eligible for the upgrade pricing), it's becoming a real tough call. I wish I at least knew if it was coming - even if I have to wait 6 months.

yes, I wish someone could give me a LOGICAL explanation for the all the secrecy around the release of phones.  I can (almost) understand secrecy around development but about RETAILING a product whose specs are publicly available? C'mon... that's just about retailers playing games.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

They would never tell you. If they did, then anybody waiting for that phone will not buy anymore phones from them and just wait out. Not only that, Rogers has to keep its promise! There's nothing Rogers hates more than keeping its promise!

Looking at the way they handled Galaxy S2 LTE, I don't think Galaxy Note will it into the lineup. It would be a lnogshot to even confirm Galaxy Nexus within this year.

This is just speculations on my end, but judging by what they have been doing recently, I think they formed some bad relationships with phone manufacturers. Otherwise, why would they continually get slapped in the face and lose out the "new phone battles" to Bell and Telus? 

I Plan to Stick Around

I wonder if any of the other providers will try to get it? Maybe Telus? I would veen consider buying out of my contract and moving to Telus if they get it.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'd also be all over the Note if it were released on Rogers.

I'm actually considering buying it outright and having it shipped.

I've Been Here Awhile

You know what? I'm glad you mentioned the buying out contract bit - I actually didn't think of that as a (probably) cheaper alternative to buying the device outright - thanks!

I was considering buying it outright (though not once I found out it is $1000), but if Bell or Telus start carrying it (and Rogers doesn't), I can just pay contract cancellation charges, and buy the device on a 3-year contract form another carrier here. The only downside to this (vs. buying outright) is that I'd now have another contract again (as opposed to being contract-free if purchased outright), but the $$$ saved would be too lucrative to miss out on.