Samsung Galaxy Note - Did you get it?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Samsung Galaxy Note - Did you get it?

Dare we hope that Rogers is getting this?

Samsung Galaxy Note coming to Canada Q1 2012

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note - Did you get it?

I got mine about a week or so ago. Very amazing phone but i went back to my blackberry / Galaxy Nexus. Why? Because the size of the phone i can not fit it in my pockets & no i do not carry a bag. The phone looks huge when i put it on my ear & i have been told that it looks like i am holding a brick or a piece of cardboard towards my ear from a far distance. The phone it self is amazing tho. Great features & all. I like that i am able to use it as a phone & a tablet together ( although you can do that with tablets but you can not call ONLY text).

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am interested in finding out how many people have picked this up already and what you think about it so far. What do you like best?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I got mine about a week or so ago. Very amazing phone but i went back to my blackberry / Galaxy Nexus. Why? Because the size of the phone i can not fit it in my pockets & no i do not carry a bag. The phone looks huge when i put it on my ear & i have been told that it looks like i am holding a brick or a piece of cardboard towards my ear from a far distance. The phone it self is amazing tho. Great features & all. I like that i am able to use it as a phone & a tablet together ( although you can do that with tablets but you can not call ONLY text).

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for responding Meowmix. Does that mean you have given up on using the Note as a phone?

I am thinking of ordering the phone and will use the headset that comes with it.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

To be honest yes i have. I stopped using it as a phone & right now use it as a tablet at home when i am not on my playbook. A phone is supposed to fit in your pocket so you do not need to carry it around in your hands. This one you can not unless you wear really baggy pants in which i do not like wearing those & plus i will not bring a bag just to carry the phone you know? Its amazing to have made this but they should have thought about how people will carry this around instead of making it bigger & such. Great technology in the Note tho.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry to heary you have stopped using it as a phone. I don't mind the size as a phone at all. Then again I don't use the phone a whole lot and even if I did I don't think it would matter.

Anyway, I received my Note last week and I am really enjoying it. If I have to return to something smaller it's going to be very diffifcult 🙂

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

i got it a few days ago.  big step up from my HTC desire z!  i don't plan to root, hope to see ICS soon. 

one thing that's weird is, no LED for notifications. also, pretty lack on accessories, no memory card no USB on-the-go adapter and no SIM card included. at least the included earbuds are nice, even has volume control and a call answer button, which also, will start the music player if you hold it down.  

FYI: 

i was getting horrible battery life, about five hours without much use, and would have to plug in.

i turned on the system power savings and turned of live wallpaper and huge improvement! over five and half hours since taking it off the charger, and still over sixty percent of battery.

this is my first samsung device and still getting used to the home and menu buttons being switched, compared to my last device, and not sure if i like touchwiz more than HTC's sense.

overall great device!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

There's an app called Noled that works great on the Galaxy sll lte, you may find it works for you too. You can find it in Google Play.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks, i'm trying NOLED now.  doesn't seem to work with the lock screen app i'm using, called "LockMenu" but i'll keep fiddling with it.  if i can get it to work like the video in the app store that would be great.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

yahoo! i got NOLED to work with lockmenu! i forgot to enable NOLED in the accessibility section. Hope it's not too much of a battery hog, I'm loving the double tap screen to wake / unlock!