cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Reservation numbers /Questions.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello everyone!. 

As we all know by now, the Galaxy Note 4 was just announced via Samsung. It's a beautiful device which offers the latest and greatest from a higher PPI screen to the fingerprint scanner and 16MP camera with a 3.1MP front camera.  

As we know all if not most carriers will offer this device.  Now i know Rogers hasn't said anything YET but i am sure they will and once they do, they will let us know about when it will be offered on the Reservation system and what the price will be on and off Contract.  

This thread is made for people that have questions about the device or when Rogers will release it and your reservation numbers when it opens up.  Please post anything about this device.  

Samsung Canada as confirmed that the Galaxy Edge might not come to Canada.  Stay tuned via Samsung Canada for that device. 

***Edited Labels.***

1,045 REPLIES 1,045

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Reservation numbers /Questions.

Roglebo
I Plan to Stick Around

Toronto Dominion mobile payment works with my new Galaxy Note 4. Incredible!

Yesterday, I switched from Galaxy Note 3 to Galaxy Note 4.

With my Galaxy Note 3, I paid at Tim Hortons, Staples, Mcdo, . . .

So, my SIM NFC was properly configured in my Galaxy Note 3.

Yesterday, Rogers rep transferred my SIM NFC from my Galaxy Note 3 to my new Galaxy Note 4.

This morning, I paid at McDo with my new Galaxy Note 4 even if the Galaxy Note 4 is not in the list of eligible phones of Toronto Dominion.

And it worked fine! Wow!

P.S. With my Galaxy Note3, I paid also with CIBC and Desjardins. But, it no longer works with my Galaxy Note 4 for CIBC and Desjardins. So, Toronto Dominion is the best!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Miorya

Return policy for outright purchases is 15 days with original receipt and all the containts and phone without any damage

cincin
I'm Here A Lot
Hi hempboy,

I bought mine at the TD Rogers Plus store in the Core outright in Friday. I was told there is no issue buying it outright if it's your reserved device. I spoke to a lady named Erin and two other people in the store.

They charged me 799+gst but I called customer service and they credited me 50 on my account.

Hope that helps

RZM
I Plan to Stick Around

In progress(Finalization) Shipped-Closed 10/26/2014 1:13:15 PM

Hope I'll get it either Monday or Tuesday! I can't wait to test it out!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello RZM

Oh very nice!!! You should get it Tuesday!!

Bpd1
I Plan to Stick Around
Debating about using screen protection. Does it interfere in anyway with the pen? Does the pen leave marks in the film?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Bpd1

It might leave marks if u use the S-pen alot. My Note 3 did that with the screen protector on. It all depends on everyone's usage right.

Westcoast604
I Plan to Stick Around
My note has been in shipped status since Saturday afternoon, but there is still no UPS tracking information so I am thinking UPS will not be picking them up until Monday, which means Tuesday deliveries at best. Keeping fingers crossed. Has anyone been getting the Bluetooth speaker with their phone?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Westcoast604

As i said before.. The Bluetooth speaker was ONLY if u reserve the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus. Not for any other phone. So u won't get it unless the store gives u one of theirs for free which i doubt it.

Westcoast604
I Plan to Stick Around

Must have missed that somewhere in the 94 pages.... 

When I used the reservations system it said get a free speaker while quantities last. It didnt mention specifically the iphone... 

NoteSeries
I Plan to Stick Around
@Westcoast604 that's what exactly I remembered .it never said it was for the iPhone specifically it said when u do a reservation and while quantity last . I never got the free speakers 😞

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Westcoast604 and NoteSeries

The reservation page said " Reserve your ICONIC device now and get a free Bluetooth speaker." The iconic device they were talking about was the iPhone and always was. The stores had the same sign but with the Apple logo on the bottom and nothing else. It was announced via a Rogers rep that it's for Apple on a few sites as well.

That is why no other phone reservation gets it.

wpd
I Plan to Stick Around
I did get a Bluetooth speaker with my Note 4 but only as compensation for the Friday fiasco and it was from the store and not part of any inclusion for reserving the Note 4. Meowmix is right, the speaker was always specific to reserving the iPhone.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello wpd

Yeah only a couple of people I know got it for free due to the issue that happened Friday.

It was only for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. No other device. They didn't make it clear enough tho but put " iconic" which many didn't see as the iPhone. Everyone that reserved the iPhone got a email telling them they are getting the Bluetooth speaker for free because they reserved the phone. No other got that email at all.

Garyfaifai
I Plan to Stick Around

@cincin wrote:
Hi hempboy,

I bought mine at the TD Rogers Plus store in the Core outright in Friday. I was told there is no issue buying it outright if it's your reserved device. I spoke to a lady named Erin and two other people in the store.

They charged me 799+gst but I called customer service and they credited me 50 on my account.

Hope that helps

Hi Meowmix,

Do you know if I call customer service and they would credit the $50 to my account?  I also paid $799 + tax on the phone and it prices $749.99 on the rogers site buying out right

Mike3023
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogerlebo wrote:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Toronto Dominion mobile payment works with my new Galaxy Note 4. Incredible!

Yesterday, I switched from Galaxy Note 3 to Galaxy Note 4.

With my Galaxy Note 3, I paid at Tim Hortons, Staples, Mcdo, . . .

So, my SIM NFC was properly configured in my Galaxy Note 3.

Yesterday, Rogers rep transferred my SIM NFC from my Galaxy Note 3 to my new Galaxy Note 4.

This morning, I paid at McDo with my new Galaxy Note 4 even if the Galaxy Note 4 is not in the list of eligible phones of Toronto Dominion.

And it worked fine! Wow!

P.S. With my Galaxy Note3, I paid also with CIBC and Desjardins. But, it no longer works with my Galaxy Note 4 for CIBC and Desjardins. So, Toronto Dominion is the best!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rogerlebo

I have the setup setup as you,  successfully was usuing TD mobile app payment with cc on my Note 3 but will not work on my Note 4 says your device is not compaitable.

I can use Rogers suretap wallet payment no problem, but TD is not working for me?? Didi you uninstall and reinstall TD app to work??

RZM
I Plan to Stick Around

I got the SHIPPED - CLOSED confirmation yesterday and was provided with a tracking number. I checked on UPS several times since and there's nothing that indicates UPS registers the tracking number. I wonder what is happening since there has been no update on either the Rogers Business Reservation website and/or the UPS website? I am anticipating for the Note 4 to arrive on Tuesday! Smiley Sad

MKC91
I Plan to Stick Around

Ahh... I missed using a stylus from my Treo 650 days!  

I debating between a normal screen protector and a tempered glass one which I didn't even existed until recently.

Any thougts on this?  I think I am sold on the Spiegen Neo Hybrid.  

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Garyfaifai

Yes u can!!

Westcoast604
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix:

Thanks for clearing that all up... I guess the link I used, to get to the reservation page from my corporate account just went straight to the part of ordering an Iconic phone. Not sure how someone is supposed to know ICONIC means the iphone 6 unless they are constantly reading all the ROGERS promotional material as you do. I don't really care about the speaker... it's just the principle. 

I am generally happy with Rogers - (Friendly staff, good coverage, NHL GameCentre ...) but it's stupid things like this and the whole reservations system that really makes me question things. If my monthly plan wasn't so amazing I'd def be looking around for other options. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Westcoast604

No believe me i know..I would think the same if u didn't read all the Rogers promotions or haha idea of it. Agreed with the comment about the reservation system. I have said it many times as well.