Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Reservation numbers /Questions.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Reservation numbers /Questions.

I've called 3 stores and non will sell outright first day of release. I'm going to kijiji instead. Screw it
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Brava27

Some reps do not want to sell them outright as they lose commission that way. So that's why they say no. But some stores will do it. I know a few in Toronto that will
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure I get the whole "we will not sell you the phone outright" thing. I reserved my phone and had it shipped to a dealer cloeset to my house cause it was convenient for me. If I walk in there on Friday morning and they refuse to sell me what I ordered in the way I prefer for the quoted price of 749.99. I will call retention while I am standing in the shop and cancel my accounts. Hello Telus\Bell... OK maybe not Bell
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Ramage

Even those carriers do it so cancelling ur services because a store is refusing to sell u a device outright is kinda silly don't u think? I understand you want it and i would be upset but that doesn't justify u cancelling ur services and going to other carriers that do the same.... Just saying it as i see it.

It seems the stores are able to do it and the CRTC isn't stopping it. Also its true during the launch day most stores refuse the sell of outright purchases due to them losing commission and also that they rather get someone to resign a contract or get a new activation
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix, 

I apprecite your contribution to the community and all but I am by no means going to spend more money then I have to because they all do it... I get to choose not to spend what I deem is an unfair price and deal with practices that do not meet my service expectations. 

If Rogers is not intrested in maintainng the 15 year relationship we have had so be it but I will be shocked if they do not step in and make the situation right.

I am however getting ahead of myself here, I have not talked to the dealer yet so I do not really know what to expect, I was simply reacting to other posts that suggested it was common and expected to spend more then the listed asking price for something.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Ramage

Agreed with you but it's up to the stores discretion on if they want to sell them outright. The rule isn't in affect that the stores need to sell them outright to u. I do agree that they should to be honest.

Honestly let's just wait until u speak to the store and see what happens. You can contact Rogers via Live Chat,Facebook.com/Rogers or Twitter @RogersHelps and Office of the President and see what they can do if the store refuses it.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the info Meowmix ..

I live in Vancouver BC.... I called around today to a number of stores, they all said the same thing including my reserved store: we have had no shipments of the Note 4 arrive ... me being #16 and without shipping confirmation, looks like us Vancouver customers will not get the phone till at the earliest, next week. Pretty disappointed.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello k2kk

The shipments for the phones don't go to all stores at the same time... Each store will get it a different times. Some stores get them early but others will get it the day before or they day of launch.
Now I know 2 people that their phones got shipped out and already in a Vancouver store. The stores don't tell other customers that they have reservation phones especially devices that aren't released yet unless it's the person who reserved it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

k2kk

I was number 146 on the black pre order and my Phone arrived in the Langley, BC store on Tuesday morning. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

When did you reserve online Ramage?