cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Reservation numbers /Questions.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello everyone!. 

As we all know by now, the Galaxy Note 4 was just announced via Samsung. It's a beautiful device which offers the latest and greatest from a higher PPI screen to the fingerprint scanner and 16MP camera with a 3.1MP front camera.  

As we know all if not most carriers will offer this device.  Now i know Rogers hasn't said anything YET but i am sure they will and once they do, they will let us know about when it will be offered on the Reservation system and what the price will be on and off Contract.  

This thread is made for people that have questions about the device or when Rogers will release it and your reservation numbers when it opens up.  Please post anything about this device.  

Samsung Canada as confirmed that the Galaxy Edge might not come to Canada.  Stay tuned via Samsung Canada for that device. 

***Edited Labels.***

1,045 REPLIES 1,045

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Reservation numbers /Questions.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello blehmkuhl11

If you want, contact Rogers and see what they can do so u can keep ur plan!

Visii
I Plan to Stick Around
From what I remember reading, if your plan is between 70-80 they may let you keep your plan but you have to go to a Rogers store and the manager has to approve it. You can only do this once. The next time you upgrade your phone you will be forced into a new plan.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Visii

That has expired and now changed. That was back in June when it was announced and we are in October. Rogers did say that it changed and no store manager can override it as the system won't let them do so unless u change to a new plan which is $80+. . YOU MUST change ur plan as the store computers will reject the upgrade if ur plan doesn't meet the $80 plan or plan change.

Artem_alf
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi, can you please explaine what's "meet 80$ plan"

Thank you.

YoniMutonji
I Plan to Stick Around

@

It just means that if you currently pay over $80 with your current cellphone plan, and that does not include any ad-ons, then you are able to upgrade to a new phone without having to change your plan to one that is in market.

I’ll give my situation for example: I currently have the grandfathered double your data plan that was advertised at $84.99 (3GB + 3 GB) sometime around April of this year. I ultimately also added a value pack add-on to my monthly fee. However, because my current plan and the cost of my monthly cellphone fee is $84.99 (thus over $80) and even though the plan is now grandfathered, I am still allowed to upgrade my plan without having to change my plan to one that is in market. I have met the $80 requirement.

Dragonstar
I Plan to Stick Around
I have a 6GB plan with all thats included costing about $65 total. Since I don't ever want to change (want to keep the 6GB for $30) I can not do a handset upgrade so I have to buy the phone outright.

If I upgraded my handset and got a new plan, the same plan would cost in excess of $110 before taxes and fees. The math proves not to upgrade (in my case). You will have to decide yourself.

KamPunisher
I Plan to Stick Around
Keep your existing plan and buy the phone outright, you will save money in the long run, there is no value in the new plans being offered by the evil 3.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Dragonstar

I would say the same. It's all up to the person getting the phone and if they can afford on getting it outright.

Bpd1
I Plan to Stick Around

To be clear, if I buy the phone outright, will Rogers reduce my monthly plan by $ 20.00 as I no longer have a subsidized phone ?

polishpat
I Plan to Stick Around

@Bpd1 wrote:

To be clear, if I buy the phone outright, will Rogers reduce my monthly plan by $ 20.00 as I no longer have a subsidized phone ?

Only if you update your contract to a share everything plan

Bpd1
I Plan to Stick Around
If I'm already on a share everything plan, if I pay off my current subsidized phone and outright purchase the Note 4, Rogers will reduce my current monthly plan by the amount currently being subsidized by Rogers for my current phone?

Garyfaifai
I Plan to Stick Around

Status has changed to in progress from my rogers

Looks like Oct17 for pre-order and Oct24 for general public

was in #33

Bpd1
I Plan to Stick Around

Now that's a confusing message..... I was 113 for black and it's now IN PROGRESS.

sabesh
I Plan to Stick Around

I was @ #111. "In Progress" now.

jkffghjfghjfgjh
I Plan to Stick Around

Mine also has been changed to in progress. I forget what number I was but it doesn't show anything anymore.....

polishpat
I Plan to Stick Around

OMG IN PROGRESS!!! Was #4 i love your ROGERS!!!

I've got to say, this is the first time in 10 years i pre-order a phone and actually get it before official launch date. Usually i just end up picking it up at a store on launch day but not this time i guess!! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

jkffghjfghjfgjh
I Plan to Stick Around
I'm on the phone with rogers right now, and the guy doesn't seem to have anything regarding a special early release time for us who reserved early. The date I am getting is Oct 24th..... I'm on hold right now but I will update if there is anything new revealed to me. I'd love to get my new phone on the 17th.....

KamPunisher
I Plan to Stick Around
Was #73 for white note, in progress and
"ORDER INFORMATION
Shipping process has begun. Additional changes cannot be made. An email with shipping details has been/will be sent to you."

Bpd1
I Plan to Stick Around

Unless someone from Rogers speaks up and says we'll get them this week, I wouldn't get too excited yet. We may just end up " in progress " for two weeks. Saw it on the Iphone 6 side of things.

This has been the oddest of phone releases. Still no word from Samsung Canada on this phone. While they admit it exists, they still say that Samsung has not yet announced a release date.

Dangiers
I Plan to Stick Around

For those of us who are "In-Progress" my hunch is that we will receive our phones this Friday. Going by the news in the States, people who have preordered theirs are already receiving them in the mail, before launch.

I'm guessing ours will be the same, especially if they already have them in stock

polishpat
I Plan to Stick Around

@Bpd1 wrote:

Unless someone from Rogers speaks up and says we'll get them this week, I wouldn't get too excited yet. We may just end up " in progress " for two weeks. Saw it on the Iphone 6 side of things.

This has been the oddest of phone releases. Still no word from Samsung Canada on this phone. While they admit it exists, they still say that Samsung has not yet announced a release date.

Honestly doubt it will be in progress for any longer than it should. Usually by the time it shows up in progress to the time i can pick it up its about 3 days, which makes perfect sense for a friday launch for those that pre-ordered, just like they are doing in the states