cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Reservation numbers /Questions.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello everyone!. 

As we all know by now, the Galaxy Note 4 was just announced via Samsung. It's a beautiful device which offers the latest and greatest from a higher PPI screen to the fingerprint scanner and 16MP camera with a 3.1MP front camera.  

As we know all if not most carriers will offer this device.  Now i know Rogers hasn't said anything YET but i am sure they will and once they do, they will let us know about when it will be offered on the Reservation system and what the price will be on and off Contract.  

This thread is made for people that have questions about the device or when Rogers will release it and your reservation numbers when it opens up.  Please post anything about this device.  

Samsung Canada as confirmed that the Galaxy Edge might not come to Canada.  Stay tuned via Samsung Canada for that device. 

***Edited Labels.***

1,045 REPLIES 1,045

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Reservation numbers /Questions.

polishpat
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't think it would take much for samsung to turn around *IF* there was a real problem, which there isn't because all reviews i've seen don't have any gaps, people are barely able to put a sheet of paper, none the less a credit card, because my S5, which i got on launch date was manufactured 12 days before it was available to me. I used a program to see when was the first time the phone was turned on and it said march 31th. Which means that our units are not stacked up for weeks waiting on release, they are build days before we get them. So if Samsung did in fact have a problem with a gap, and it was not there on purpose, they would have more than enough time to halt production and change something that would solve it

baihe
I've Been Around
Just got off a chat with a Rogers rep and the launch for the Samsung galaxy note 4 will be on October 24. ☹

polishpat
I Plan to Stick Around

@baihe wrote:
Just got off a chat with a Rogers rep and the launch for the Samsung galaxy note 4 will be on October 24. ☹

yup...confirmed

KamPunisher
I Plan to Stick Around

it's only a week late lol nothing to get upset over, not like an organ transplant you need right away lol

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello KamPunisher

Exactly lol.. It's another week wait. I am sure everyone can wait. If u don't have a phone and need one badly then that is up to ur choice to get another device or wait a week

davidpanda
I've Been Around

Very interesting post. really informative. of all the blogs I have read on the same topic, this one is actually enlightening.

ok men

KamPunisher
I Plan to Stick Around
Has anybody bought or ordered any cases for the phone? The week delay would be a good time to have a case come to you before you receive the phone.

polishpat
I Plan to Stick Around

i ordered a glass screen protector, it was ordered since about sept 15th and still haven't got it. I'm about to open a claim on ebay and buy another one

Bpd1
I Plan to Stick Around

Has the USA launch date changed to the 24th as well ?

UPDATE - Answer my own question...... Verizon shows a launch date of 23 October.

KamPunisher
I Plan to Stick Around
I ordered a heavy duty case with a built in screen protector from amazon only had to pay $10 for it with shipping because I took advantage on the price being listed wrong lol, shipped Friday, should be in next week, going to wait for a tempered glass screen protector until screenmate makes one

nahian2000
I've Been Here Awhile

I pre ordered 2 weeks before spigen case "tough armor" and their screen protector. They already shipped and should be in my hand by end of this week.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello nahian20000

I pre ordered the same case! Estimated delivery is for Wednesday lol

KamPunisher
I Plan to Stick Around

i ordered the Supcase Unicorn Beetle case since it's just like the Otterbox Defender $10 with shipping due to mis pricing, couldn't go wrong lol

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello KamPunisher

Oh very nice!!! 🙂

blehmkuhl11
I've Been Here Awhile

just got off the phone with rogers, they won't let me upgrade my phone without changing my plan.  My plan is way better than any of the plans they are offering and cheaper so I am pretty choked.  been a customer for 15 years.    Anyways i cancled my pre order and might cancel all 3 of my contracts if they are going to be difficult

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello blehmkehl11

Unfortunately that is true. If you don't have a $80 plan or a new Plan they offer then you must change ur plan into a new one in order to do a upgrade to any device they offer. All carriers are doing this

balpreetsaini
I'm Here A Lot
I hate the excuse people and carriers use, "all carriers are doing this". Rogers as a business should be greatful having a 15 year loyal customer. In my honest opinion, Rogers is headed down the wrong direction by always following what other carriers do.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello balpreetsaini

Its not a excuse if u really think about itbut that is ur opinion. I do agree they need to change the rules but it's something they seem that they won't change. I have argued about this rule to change in other threads as i had to chanf the my plan as well to upgrade.

badatokki
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Meowmix

So i'm not sure how but I previously got the iPhone 6 plus and was able to keep my contract plan but just pay th remaining amount on my hardware and then the iPhone contract price. I did this by going straight to the Apple store to do so.

Didn't like the 6+ though so I returned it.

I'm going with the note 4.

Does this mean that if I get my phone on contract through say Futureshop, I can essentially do the same? as in, keep my contract.

I mean, that's what i'm thinking might work. 

:S

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello badatokki

Some Apple reps are able to by pass the system as their systems are somewhat different. I know as i am dealing with the iPhone 6 thread and some got it with the same plan but lost had to change plans and get a share everything plan and must be $80 or more.

blehmkuhl11
I've Been Here Awhile

I noticed that today as I have been looking around, but it doesnt make any sence, I have 2 phones and a tablet, I have been a cutomer for many years and they arent willing to let me keep my plan.  I have the 6gb super plan, its a killer plan why would they offer such a good plan if they are just going to not allow it a few years later.

anyways this isnt about my problems lol its about the note 4 🙂