Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Frequency / Band Support and Roger Apps

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Frequency / Band Support and Roger Apps

What frequency / bands does the Note 3 offerred by Rogers support for LTE? According to Rogers website here only 2100 and 2900 are supported. I know it's impossible. The Note 3 from Bell here supports a lot of frequencies for LTE. Can someone confirm what frequency / bands the Rogers Note 3 actually supports for LTE?

I seem to be able to see these different band configurations for Note 3 LTE on the market:

* From GSM Nation: LTE 700 / 850 / 900 / 1700 / 2100 / 2600

* From expansys: LTE 800 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600

* From Bell: LTE 700 / 850 / AWS / 1900 / 2100 / 2600

* From Rogers: LTE 2100 / 2600

Another question: Can Rogers pre-installed application on its Note 3 be uninstalled?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Frequency / Band Support and Roger Apps

Hello adrianfcc

Rogers supports the following frequncies

GSM/EDGE Bands: 850/900/1800/1900
HSPA+/HSPA Bands: 850/1900/2100

The LTE for Rogers is classified as 1700/2100/2600 combined also known as AWS. The Note 3 has Cat4 LTE on it as well.

Also no they can not be uninstalled but they can be disabled. You can only uninstall them if you root the device.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks MeowMix. I understand the 1700/2100/2600 AWS frequencies Rogers LTE supports, but does the Note 3 device Rogers sells support only these frequencies or also others? I am concerned when I travel to Asia with this device whether it will be able to use LTE at 1800 or 1900 which are deployed there.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello adrianfcc

It only supports the frequencies i posted. So if another carrier doesn't have those frequencies, then LTE may not work.
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the information Meowmix. If so, the Note 3 from Bell seems to have better compatibility as it states on its website to support more frequencies for LTE. But still I don't quite believe Rogers Note 3 only supports AWS frequencies so would like to keep open to listen to different voice.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello adrianfcc

Bell and Rogers use the same frequencies.... Bell, Telus, Rogers, Fido, Virgin use the same frequencies on their phones.
I'm a Senior Contributor

From what I can tell, rogers simply only lists the frequencies it supports on their network, not the frequencies the phone actually supports. Rogers, bell and telus all have the same version of the note 3 so the frequencies listed on bell's site will apply to the rogers version.

The note 3 (SM-N900W8) sold by rogers, supports

GSM/GPRS/EDGE Bands: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

HSPA Bands: 850/AWS/1900/2100 MHz

LTE Bands: 850/AWS/1900/2100/2600

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AnonymousUser

That is what i thought as well. Rogers only lists the frequencies. Rogers, Bell, Telus, Fido, Virgin like i listed use the same frequencies & networks & same model of the Note 3 like you said.
I've Been Here Awhile

Aha, that will be lovely to be true. Let me bet on it and give a it try. I am so wondering why sellers often not provide full information on products and leave picky customers like me to spend much time in researching and risk money in gambling on. They don't like picky customers. 🙂