Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Hi mamboman,

Going from N7000 (Note 1) to N7100 (Note 2), it doesn't bother me that the screen resolution changed. If anything, it is more clearer, due to the RGB-stripe embedded within the Super AMOLED display screen. Note 1 incorporated the PenTile matrix for the display screen, tests have shown that RGB-stripes are better than PenTile. To be honest, even with perfect eye sight, it won't make a difference until you are examing it under a microscope.

I think you will like it. I know that I Do. 🙂

I've Been Here Awhile

If Rogers keeps on hiding things, and not letting their loyal client knows the detail and pre order, this product will not be as desirable as it should be. And people will just ignore it and to get a S3.
I Plan to Stick Around

Was at Bestbuy Mobility in Fairview Mall today and got a preorder with Rogers. White only 16Gb though but enough for me. Smiley Happy

I've Been Around

How much? I read that Rogers is selling it for $100 more than Telus

I Plan to Stick Around

i have the white Galaxy note 2 LTE version from Telus, i bought it for 625 cash from a guy, its white, unfortunetly i am still waiting on codes to unlock it from telus, i took it to a couple of places and they werent able to unlock.my model number is SGH-I317M

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, another one of the many rumors.

Samsungs NYC release party is next Wednesday - I'm putting my chips on that being when Rogers releases information.
I Plan to Stick Around

Got the notice from Best Buy price watch today that they've dropped the price on the Rogers Note 2 to $199.99, putting it in line with Bell and Telus's pricing.

Still looking at the 10.1 though.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Allo. 

I got to play around with the original Note for the first time today at a Futurshop.  Being a BlackBerry guy, it was like I was blind for the last five years - and now I can see.  It was a Telus version, with LTE enabled.  Holy crap the thing was fast; 21Mb download and 6Mb upload.  Once I get one of these LTE phones, the first thing I'm going to do is cancel my $75 Shaw Internet at home and use my  $30 Rogers 6GB plan exclusively from my phone (as a wifi hotspot for my laptop and other devices).  

From what I saw, the display on the Note 1 is amazing; and I'd be happy with it for the next three years.  I agree that the RGB / Pen Tile comparisons are much ado about nothing.  Clearly, the specs on the Note 2 are far better than the Note 1 but from the research I've done, and with the apps I plan to use on the phone - those extra 80 pixels are precious to me, even if that means the phone is a little wider / more bulky to hold.  Folks on the Internet will argue back & forth about specs, but I'm more concerned with the overall user experience.

I'm still undecided, but I do seem to be talking myself into the original Note.  Rogers will upgrade me to one for $49 (Matching a Telus offer).  This will probably drop to $0 once the Note 2 is launched.  It's not that I can't afford the $200 Note 2 price, but I'm not convinced there would be a discernable real-world difference for me.

Allo, how much longer does your battery last on the Note 2 compared to the Note 1?  From what I've read on the Internet, the Note 1 battery easily lasted a day of heavy use.  Was that your experience too?

I Plan to Stick Around

i had the phone on for 2 days now and i have used it for about 10 hours or so, battery still at 73%, its supposed to have 35 hour talk time

I'm Here A Lot

Hey mamboman,
I'm glad you see the light and you will be switching from blackberry to Android. If you can, buy the Galaxy Note 2. I have the galaxy Note 1 myself and it is a great phone. The Galaxy Note 1 is in the middle of it's life right now and with the rate hardware and software are evolving today. You will probably be looking to upgrade the Note 1 in about a year or so. Once you get the Android bug, you will always want faster and better (It's like a Drug). In the last 4 Years I have purchased 13 phones for my wife and I.
I bought 2 European Galaxy Notes last January with all the accessories desktop docks and cars docks, I go all out. This is the longest time I've kept a phone and even thou this phone is great it's time for faster and better. With my experience I would suggest you think about buying latest handset so you don't have any regrets in a few months. It seems that every year they come out with a new phone and last years model will not always get the latest software updates.

I would also just lower your Shaw internet plan, as a 6 GB cellphone plan my not be enough for your cell phone and home use. Not sure were you live but Shaw is installing free WIFI in most Metropolitan areas, so if you just lower your Shaw plan and keep your Shaw email address connecting to ShawOpen Wifi my also be beneficial in saving on data usage. And my working for Shaw has no bearing on this suggestion.

Hey, why Am I paying $30.00 for 1GB of Data, Why are they always trying to rob a Brotha

Thanks Winston