Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

This is from Roger.com ... It is right in your description of the phone ..It says "multitasking"

Quad-Core Processing
Quad-core offers the perfect balance of power and efficiency. Not only is it more powerful than a dual core device, it is also more efficient. Quad-core provides an improved web browsing, gaming, multitasking, and video streaming experience.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello brodger

I do NOT work for Rogers. So thus I can not say anything / do anything. Contact Rogers for that. Actually Rogers never went live showing the multi view or even saying " The Galaxy Note 2 with Rogers has multi view". While I do agree they should have done something, this can only be blamed on Samsung. They showed the phone off with multi view. They made the customers believe it comes with multi view. Future Shop and Best Buy are independed stores and they are thrid party retailers. Something I guess you never knew. If indeed you are saying there is a picture showing " Rogers Note 2 with Multitouch" get intouch with them and speak to them.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello brodger

You need to understand something here because it seems you dont. multitasking is NOT multiview. You are mistaken with everything here.

Multiview is just a enhancement multitasking.

" Multi-View enhances the multitasking capabilities of the Galaxy Note II, allowing you to run two apps on the screen simultaneously. Mind you, not all Android apps are supported, but unlike the Galaxy Note 10.1, where only Samsung apps could be brought up to the screen, Multi-Window supports Google apps as well (Gmail, YouTube, Chrome and Talk)."
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't care if they are 3rd party retailers ( which I do...

I don't care if they are 3rd party retailers ( which I do know). Rogers benifits from the sales. They have their signs all over the place in front of a big and and video display. This is not set up by Future, it is set up by the reps of Rogers. It is very simple it was false advertising on both parties. People should ask for reperation. 

**Edited for content**

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hello brodger, If I were you id leave Meow Mix alone, he's clearly volunteering his free time on here to help people like you, but rather you are insulting him by making such remarks "get off the forum" I would not talk to our community members that way, you can either do 2 things, take our helpfull advice on here for free, or find helpfull advice on another board.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for the warning Pauly. And thank you for editing my comments. I don't see how meowmixes comment are helping me. Insults dont work. Bottom line is we are all frustrated by not having the functions advertised for our phones.samsung as well as rogers are at fault and should offer some sort or reperarion. Apple did it when they screwed up the iphone4. Its called being accountable !
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello brodger

I never " insulted you". You need to get that out of your mind. Never once did I insult you at all. I can even proved you more proof if you like that Best Buy and Future Shop reps are NOT Rogers reps. They are authorized dealers in which if they came a false statement / picture, they are help responsible, not the carrier. Apple ONLY did that as they said the signal on the phone was not proper, thus they gave out free cases. This has NOTHING to do with Apple. 2 different situations.

Rogers is taking it's time to bring out the update as always BUT Samsung should also be help responsible as all the videos samsung made, had multi view when it was never on the phone..

Simple as that.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Does anybody know if 4.1.2 will fix the Exynos Memory bug? I downloaded the app to check for this and I do have it. I would really like to get that part patched as it apparently leaves the phone open to attack.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Randwulf114

It should have that fix. It could be the reason why its taking so long to get the update out.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You neeed to temper your comments. You obviously don't know the difference between multi-view and multi-tasking.

The Note2 DOES multitask -this means that more that one app can be processing something at the same time (the iphone doesn't do this, it suspends apps in the background).

The multi-view pane is part of the 4.1.2 update, which isn't out yet.

Your frustration is common -these phone manufacturers and providers do an awful job at documents to teach a person how to use the OS on their phone.  It doesn't help when the Rogers apps and updates don't even work properly.

The iPhone 4 and 4S adverts show the examples of how to use Siri -but none of the ads mention that Siri doesn't work for most functions in Canada and is only US specific. So, Apple ignores Canada, but still takes our money.