Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Hello jamolah

This has been answered many times in other posts. Rogers and Samsung Canada has not announced when the updates will come out. You can always check their facebook or twitter pages to find out. Also check out the " OS Upgrade Schedule" thread on here.

This is the latest info anyone else will have.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Ordered mine on Jan 18th and it's back ordered 😞
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

As I understand it, Samsung has already released 4.1.2 for the Note II. Week of the 14th I believe. I know it's not Roger's fault, but I feel cheated and that I am the victum of false advertising as I am still waiting for those features that contributed to my decision to get this phone in the first place.

I looked at the OS Upgrade Schedule and it's useless if you own a Note II or many other makes & models.

My questions are:

1. Why do phones need to be locked to a carrier?

2. Why must we be infected with bloatware we don't want, don't use and can't delete? and yes I consider unwanted bloatware a virus! Please allow us to download those apps we want and will use.

3. Should we lobby the government to pass legislation to prevent the above?

So, the OS is in your hands now Rogers. Get off the pot and roll it out!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Randwulf114

I fully agree with you! I would feel cheated as well. I do not understand why Samsung would release the Note 2 without that feature.

1. Carriers and Manufactores have agreements for this. The CRTC and the Manufactores need to step up nd have the phone to stay unlocked. The problem is that this may not happen for a while.
2. The bloatware are not virues. They do not cause your phone to not perform bad / cause problems. The bloatware is just the carrier add ons. The carries and the manufactores have agreements to this as well.
3. We need to bring it to the CRTC and have them look at it. For many years many have complained but nothing has changed:(. Hopefully this changes soon!

Its in the hand of Rogers as we speak. It could be that Samsung is delaying it as well and telling Rogers to wait. No one really knows what is going on and no one will ever find out:(
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Meowmix,

Yes, technically bloatware is not a virus, but think of this way.

1. It is software placed on your phone without your express permission;

2. Unless you use it it serves no purpose;

3. You can't delete the ones you don't use;

4. The ones you don't use waste system resources mostly in the form of RAM, that, by the way we pay for; and

5. The only way to even get rid of bloatware is to root of jailbreak your phone which voids the warrenty, which you also pay for and if done wrong could turn your phone into a brick which may or maynot be recoverable.

These are the reasons I consider bloatware a virus.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Randwulf114

I am not agruing that. What you have pointed out is valid and correct. The problem is that until the CRTC does something, we are stuck with all of this:(.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The worst part of all this is the  CRTC won't do anything. When does the CRTC ever do anything? It's a shame that we have to suffer through all this. I love my Note 2 and it easily is the best phone I own, but my next phone will definitely be a Google phone unless Samsung does like Apple and forbids the carriers to modify.

Like mentioned, the bloatware is exteremly annoying. If you don't have Visual Voicemail Plus you constantly get nagged by it and you can't uninstall it. The best you can do is disable it. The worst part is this bloatware is a major reason we won't be getting the update for multi-window any time soon. Rogers has to put in all their bloatware and test it all which makes the customer wait long periods before updates.

Unlike iOS where Rogers puts apps on the App Store, with Android Rogers has to test the crap out of it because imagine they toss on a bloatware app that causes the phone to crash and because it's bloatware you can't remove it. Until Samsung steps up, we will always be waiting long periods for updates.

It's the sole reason why I'm rooting and installing a custom ROM this weekend. My biggest regret is not doing this immediately when I got the phone.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Doesn't it come down to false advertising. Rogers advertised this phone with multi window function as did Samsung. When you advertise falsely the customer can ask for reparation.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello brodger

Rogers never advertised the multiview. It was Samsung that did. Thus the customer can not as for reparation.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Of course you can. You are selling their product knowing full well it doesn't offer the multiwindow function. Which implicates rogers as well. You should have put a note in your adverts that the Note 2 does not come with multifunction at this time in Canada. But no you wouldn't do that because it might cut down on sales. Your sign is right in front of the advertisments is all Future and Best buys stores. So don't tell me your reps didn't know about this ..