This has been answered many times in other posts. Rogers and Samsung Canada has not announced when the updates will come out. You can always check their facebook or twitter pages to find out. Also check out the " OS Upgrade Schedule" thread on here.
This is the latest info anyone else will have.
As I understand it, Samsung has already released 4.1.2 for the Note II. Week of the 14th I believe. I know it's not Roger's fault, but I feel cheated and that I am the victum of false advertising as I am still waiting for those features that contributed to my decision to get this phone in the first place.
I looked at the OS Upgrade Schedule and it's useless if you own a Note II or many other makes & models.
My questions are:
1. Why do phones need to be locked to a carrier?
2. Why must we be infected with bloatware we don't want, don't use and can't delete? and yes I consider unwanted bloatware a virus! Please allow us to download those apps we want and will use.
3. Should we lobby the government to pass legislation to prevent the above?
So, the OS is in your hands now Rogers. Get off the pot and roll it out!
Yes, technically bloatware is not a virus, but think of this way.
1. It is software placed on your phone without your express permission;
2. Unless you use it it serves no purpose;
3. You can't delete the ones you don't use;
4. The ones you don't use waste system resources mostly in the form of RAM, that, by the way we pay for; and
5. The only way to even get rid of bloatware is to root of jailbreak your phone which voids the warrenty, which you also pay for and if done wrong could turn your phone into a brick which may or maynot be recoverable.
These are the reasons I consider bloatware a virus.
The worst part of all this is the CRTC won't do anything. When does the CRTC ever do anything? It's a shame that we have to suffer through all this. I love my Note 2 and it easily is the best phone I own, but my next phone will definitely be a Google phone unless Samsung does like Apple and forbids the carriers to modify.
Like mentioned, the bloatware is exteremly annoying. If you don't have Visual Voicemail Plus you constantly get nagged by it and you can't uninstall it. The best you can do is disable it. The worst part is this bloatware is a major reason we won't be getting the update for multi-window any time soon. Rogers has to put in all their bloatware and test it all which makes the customer wait long periods before updates.
Unlike iOS where Rogers puts apps on the App Store, with Android Rogers has to test the crap out of it because imagine they toss on a bloatware app that causes the phone to crash and because it's bloatware you can't remove it. Until Samsung steps up, we will always be waiting long periods for updates.
It's the sole reason why I'm rooting and installing a custom ROM this weekend. My biggest regret is not doing this immediately when I got the phone.
Of course you can. You are selling their product knowing full well it doesn't offer the multiwindow function. Which implicates rogers as well. You should have put a note in your adverts that the Note 2 does not come with multifunction at this time in Canada. But no you wouldn't do that because it might cut down on sales. Your sign is right in front of the advertisments is all Future and Best buys stores. So don't tell me your reps didn't know about this ..