Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jugurtha
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

I ordered a grey one, and it's still backordered. I also ordered it at 10:30am on the 30th. I'm just annoyed more at Samsung than Rogers by the fact that they didn't send out enough stock beforehand.

kapetajr
I Plan to Stick Around

I just called rogers for the **bleep** of it, to see if they had grey in stock but not white, and I was told by the rep that the systems show both are in stock and should ship out in the next day or 2... so we shall see how true that is 

Hasanzu
I'm a Regular

They better ship out tomorrow, I can't wait! I've called like 20 different stores, (rogers, bestbuy, futureshop) and none of them let you buy the phone outright/on a no term contract. That is the only reason I ordered through the phone. My hopes are high for tomorrow. 🙂

kapetajr
I Plan to Stick Around

^^^ lol. Same here except I have been trying to do a hardware upgrade. 

Eagleis
I've Been Around

I don't know who to believe.  The reps all say different things.  Some say it's in stock, some say not in stock,  some say the phones are not in the system,  some say the phones are in the system but there not sure if it's in stock.  I think the reps have a wheel of stock status that they spin for every inquiry just like the NHL has the wheel of justice.

christine97
I Plan to Stick Around

@Eagleis wrote:

I don't know who to believe.  The reps all say different things.  Some say it's in stock, some say not in stock,  some say the phones are not in the system,  some say the phones are in the system but there not sure if it's in stock.  I think the reps have a wheel of stock status that they spin for every inquiry just like the NHL has the wheel of justice.

After a whole weekend of "research" (aka physically going to stores and making dozens of phone calls), this is what I learned.

1. Rogers stores that are not corporate owned (i.e. BestBuy, Wireless Wave, AmCall, etc, and some Rogers Plus) have stock.  but because they are franchise owned, their managers tell them they are only allowed to do hardware upgrades or new activations becuase the store will make more money that way.

2. Only a handfull of units of Gray 16GB have been shipped to each of the Rogers stores, with the franchise stores having more stock than others.

3. UPS usually ships to stores somewhere around 12PM -1PM

4. online order is completely different than phone order.  the phone orders stock is separate from online stock

5.  There are new shipments coming monday

mamboman
I Plan to Stick Around

Got mine last Thursday at a Wireless Wave store at the Southgate mall in Edmonton. They only got a shipment of two 16gb Grey units and I now am a proud owner. This phone is a game changer. I installed a 32gb sd card, and I'm good to go. For those of you on the fence, buy this phone. It's everything you think it is and more.
mamboman
I Plan to Stick Around

Also, the rep i spoke with told me there was a much better chance of getting one at a retail store than buying it from Rogers over the phone. It turns out that was the case. Most of the stores I called also told me that they receive shipments around noon so keep calling them.
SilverGS
I Plan to Stick Around

I finally got on late Friday at a Best Buy Mobile location in Oakville Place Mall in Oakville.  They had two and when I got there around 5 PM, the first one was being sold to someone else as I walked in the door.

Yes the metallic gray one actually looks good and even though I wanted to wait to get a white one, I don't have any regrets with the gray one.  Only thing I don't like is that compared to the glass on my previous iPhone4 , this feels cheap - especially the back cover.  Its so soft and flexible.

Other than that I absolutely LOVE IT!  Its everything I expected and even more.

All I need now is to get the Samsung dock, a wireless keyboard and mouse and I can use it as a desktop PC if the need arises.

Everyone who is still waiting for one, the wait is actually worth it.  A big smile will be on your face whenever you're using it. 🙂

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB
Google Nexus 7 32GB
RaptorsTV
I've Been Here Awhile

R u guys telling me that the rogers store wont help if i just want to buy the phone off-contract?