Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hassiii
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Hey I just picked up a grey one from future shop in newmarket.

Anybody else who got one, does your device have the multi-tasking feature? Because mine doesn't, and the update isn't

available yet. It says I have the latest version.

dragontea
I Plan to Stick Around

no multiview and no update

hassiii
I'm Here A Lot

That sucks. For now.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

All the updates will come straight threw Rogers. This means any update Samsung releases, you will wait another 1-3 months from Rogers end to release it to us.

As for the Multiview, it should have been enabled unless Samsung Canada & Rogers disabled it.
hassiii
I'm Here A Lot

ur kidding...
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Not kidding at all. Once Samsung releases the updates, the carriers will get them & do tests on them & see if they work on the network & add their on bloatware & such.

This will take a few months or a few weeks. Rogers has done this with every update on any device.
hassiii
I'm Here A Lot

Thats so weird. I mean I had an iphone 4s before this one. Whenever the new IOS would be available I would get the update right away...
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Hassiii

That is because Apple told every carrier that Apple wants to control the updates & had to get all the carriers to sign a contract with that on it. That is why you see Apple doing that.

Apple has full control on the updates they send out. They also do not come with bloatware as they are sent straight from Apple.
hassiii
I'm Here A Lot

Wow. Thumbs up to apple on that one.

I mean, the only reason I switched is because of how disappointed I was by the iphone 5.

At the same time, the one thing that drew me to the galaxy note 2, among other features, was the multi-view and being able to run 2 applications at once.

Thanks for the (albeit saddening) info meowmix
Cleaner
I'm Here A Lot

Polo Park in Winnipeg is sold out