Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Just ordered one - rogers matched the best buy price of $49 AND Telus's no activation fee! Be here in 3-5 😉

Ps. Good on ya rogers!
I've Been Around

Dont know if this has been brought up yet in this forum, but I got the Note 2 from rogers 4 days ago and was successfully able to unlock the device simply using a set of commands on the device. It's a nice little exploit and works fine on ALL galaxy note II LTE versions. Tested voice and data with koodo micro sim and worked flawlessly. The procedure appears harmless and i've tested everything back with my rogers sim and nothing has changed, but you can follow it at your own risk. Considering its all done on the device, there should be no risk to your warranty if you decide to go along with the unlock procedure. Please PM me for details.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS! 🙂

I Plan to Stick Around

Got mine and it absolutely rocks!

The only issues I have are the fact that multi-view was not implemented yet and the stupid unremovable bloatware / bookmarks.

I haven't got the advertised battery life, but I strongly suspect that having it set to max speed and the inability to put it down contribute to that... lol.

I Plan to Stick Around

I finally got multi Window. It was actually very easy to do! I I could not wait any more lol

Multi Window rocks especially watching videos and testing at the same time. It's also awesome to show off
I Plan to Stick Around

Did you have to root your phone?
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes i did

(find the easiest root method he provided)

And for the rom I suggest cleanrom 3.5 (scottsrom) Hey I think this is far better than Jedi and NOTEorius rom. I cleanrom is very smooth and zero issues with rogers

**edited for content**

I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised when I got the N2 - No ugly rogers bootanimation! The amount of bloat was far less than came with the sgh-i727R - But, still had it rooted and flashed in short order (no interest in the spen).

I had initially thought the N2 might be a little on the large size, but after using the Nexus 7, the sgh-i727R (aka, skyrocket) seems like a toy, and the Note feels just right! 😉
I Plan to Stick Around

What rom are you using?
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

When will rogers give us the updates for the note2?
1. Multi-view
2. Android 4.1.2
3. Android 4.2