cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 2

allo
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Everyone,

Any one has news on this phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2?

I heard news from other forums, and mobilesyrup, androidauthority, etc. it is expected sometime in October 2012, any relevant news from Rogers?

Thanks.

****Edited Labels****

525 REPLIES 525

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

studiomeridian
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey Meowmix,

I understand the memory expansion via micro SD for images, videos, etc...but from what I understand, we can't install and run apps from the microSD card....if this is indeed the case, this limits us to use the remaining 10 GB off the 16 GB memory space in the phone for installed apps.

Has anyone successfully rooted this phone and is currently using the microSD card to actually run apps from it?

alucardleashed
I Plan to Stick Around

fix for the google now issue. it works perfectly on my phone

[QUOTE=ThaiM;5204127]As per a member on XDA:

Voice output from Google Now can be enabled by changing the Language option to US English using this app from Google Play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bruce.setlocale&hl=en[/QUOTE]

You beautiful human beings. Thank you for this tip! Google Now now speaks to me!!

Thai69
I Plan to Stick Around

Search Directory Binding on XDA. Once rooted, you can move apps to SD. I don't know why JB got rid of this feature. Sounds like lazy developers to me.

dave_w_h
I Plan to Stick Around
Can anyone help me. When I am on the phone for any length of time (usually use speaker function) I have noticed the phone screen goes blank. When the call is finished I have to unlock the phone to ensure the call has hung up. How do I keep the screen on during a call.
Thanks

al1
I Plan to Stick Around

hi meowmix i am torn between getting the note 2 or iphone 5 which phone do you think is the better phone 

Ohkhwaho
I'm Here A Lot
Mine is still on backorder , how long did it take you to get your note 2?

hi, is it still on back order?

Ohkhwaho
I'm Here A Lot
Yeah I ordered it on the 19th, they said I can't get it from the store cuz I won't get the discount I got ordering it in the phone

i ordered 20th and its still on back order but the wireless live chat agent told they have note2 in stock now..

so much lies

Ohkhwaho
I'm Here A Lot
The live chat agent told me they couldn't answer anything about orders and that I had to talk to customer service

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Live chat has no info on what the warehouse has & what is going on. They can only tell you limited info. Customer service may give you a bit more info.

when are they going to ship it?

Ohkhwaho
I'm Here A Lot
That's what I would like to know

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
I can not give you that info as they never gave me that info. They only told me they got a limited stock from Nokia & they are trying to send them out to everyone. When was your order placed? Also was it online, threw the phone or reservation?

i ordered Samsung note 2 nov 20th thru customer service and  i got 2 back ordered email.

Ohkhwaho, how much discount did you get?
i m in the same boat right now I got a 50 dollar credit and they said they "waived the admin fee"

my local rogers have TONS of them atm and I cant even get one because they said its in the process of being shipped AND i wont get my discount if i do.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello alwaysforever

That is correct. If you choice to go to a Rogers plus or any Rogers authorized dealer and get the phone, you will lose all the discounts they are willing to give you. This is similar to the discounta given to the people that waited for the iPhone 5. The store most like will waive the admin fee but nothing else.

ohhh. i just did swap order with rogers for note 2 and i havent talk to them about the phone yeath...

when was the last time you talked to them?what did they say?

Fouad
I'm Here A Lot
Hello, Which discount are you referring to, the $50 rebate? So basically if i get one from the store it will cost roughly 250 compared to 199? I just got my first back order e-mail, something they failed to mention on the phone when i placed my order....

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Fouad

If you are doing a hardware upgrade, they will add another $50 ontop of the device price. So in total you will see $249.99. You will need to do the mail in rebate form online and THEN the $50 will come out. So on your bill, you will see a charge of $249.99 and a credit of $50.

The reps on the phone, can order the phone for you BUT the computer may or may not show as in stock. Its not the reps fault.

Fouad
I'm Here A Lot

Hello,

Just called and confirmed, since I already placed my order online and it is being processed it is too late to go in store.  No biggie I will wait it out.