cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 2

allo
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Everyone,

Any one has news on this phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2?

I heard news from other forums, and mobilesyrup, androidauthority, etc. it is expected sometime in October 2012, any relevant news from Rogers?

Thanks.

****Edited Labels****

525 REPLIES 525

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

PokerRoo
I've Been Here Awhile

Yep, was scheduled for delivery tomorrow, but received it today around 2 pm

nishanaqi
I Plan to Stick Around

Awesome! Lucky you!

Okay...I have a bit of a story...

after someone posted about wireless wave having two whites! I called in right away and put one for hold for me...but before that I had to call and cancel with Rogers 611!

Called 611, and at first..nobody could find my order being placed on 30th! then finally one girl said that she found a tracking number, meaning it must have been shipped!! Got me super excited only to find out that the waybill number was actually from early October for another phone I had ordered!!

Got transferred to Customer Care....same thing there...after a lot of holds, same waybill was given to me..!! Super frustrated now...leaving me in this gray area....Cant cancel and go pick up the white one...neither do I have any confirmation email or waybill number....Seriously ROGERS! 

So, now the guy says that he can assure me 100% that it left their facility yesterday, however there is no right waybill number!! 

I am sooooo tired of Rogers Crap! seriously wish that I had the money to buy this phone off contract and not get stuck for another 3 years!!!

Anyway...I am very hopeful...waiting for it to arrive at my door, however I am also doubtful since its the white one and nobody has recd the white ones from Rogers yet...

I shall wait and watch....just wanted to share!

Well, what I learn in the last 12 years or so since I have a contract with Rogerrs either for internet or cellphones is that Rogers management takes advantage that our government granted Bell and Rogers exclusivity ( I don't understand on what legal=democratic basis ) and treat people who pay their ridiculous expensive bills, as ...someone place a word for me here cause I can't find one...

What they do right now is hooking up people, cheating by saying we DO have cellphones in stock, do not order from some other company, and actually they don't..they just want to fishhook as many as they can for the next 3 years. Bell sucks too, I was 5 years with them. Many other cellphone companies use either Bell or Rogers Network so these two companies control the pricing.

They don't allow any company from US with money power to run their wireless network and get market competition so we can get at least a better service, if not also cheaper prices.

grassho
I Plan to Stick Around

mine also came today (ottawa) but was scheduled for tomorrow by end of day. grey btw

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Most of the shipments will say the next day BUT they will deliver it the next business day UNLESS there is a storm or something going on.

I am glad to see you guys are getting the phone BUT it does suck that Samsung & Rogers is taking this so slow.

This is the same problem they are having with he Nokia Lumia 920 as well. I really do not know what is going on.

Rotule
I've Been Around

Finally got my hands on mine around montreal.

still playing with it,

ITS SO BIG AND AWESOME!

Rogers rep told me it came out today on the phone. however, the store i went only got 3...

nishanaqi
I Plan to Stick Around

So after not receiving it today, I called again...only to be told another story...

Its apparently shipped out today now! but the waybill they give doesnt exist for UPS! gotta wait till tomorrow now...

The wait is killing me!!

emag7311
I Plan to Stick Around
This is worse then being a kid waiting to open the Christmas gift because you know what's in the package..

Hasanzu
I Plan to Stick Around

The wait is way worth it trust me! 🙂 I had the iPhone 5 but switched to this, amazing change for me!

kapetajr
I Plan to Stick Around

i called to cancel the phone order, because a store close to me is getting stock tomorrow, but apprently it has been shipped and they gave me a tracking number, if anyone is still waiting i can post up the address for the store that has more coming in tomorrow

lol

Ironside
I've Been Here Awhile

Everyone who got their phones; check and see if "multi-window" is working.

You're supposed to be able to long-press the "back" button/sensor and the multi tasking window comes up giving you the option of using two apps at once in a split screen.

Apparently the rumour is that some Note 2's have outdated firmware and this feature isn't working (it isn't working on mine). I'm curious to see if this is an issue with ALL Rogers Note 2's or just the first batch or so.

Kaccak
I'm Here A Lot

I ordered the white note 2 standalone phone @ 30th 10PM, got 2 back order emails...nothing else~all the cases and batteries I ordered from taiwan are shipped....hopefully they can all arrive around the same time...

kapetajr
I Plan to Stick Around

Kaccak - give them a call i still havent received a shipped email but I got a tracking number from 611 yesterday.

nishanaqi
I Plan to Stick Around
Yeah same here. Never got the email but got a UPS tracking number from 611.
I placed the order around 5 on the 30th.

christine97
I Plan to Stick Around

Ordered my WHITE one on November 3rd online

Rogers sent me a shipping email with the UPS tracking number.  The UPS site said it will come by the end of tomorrow.  

Anybody else got a shipping notice for the white one they ordered or have even received it?

Romius
I've Been Here Awhile
Apparently only european and asian N7000 version has multi window...maybe when 4.1.2 update arrives?

nishanaqi
I Plan to Stick Around

Christine, 

I ordered a white one as well and have the UPS tracking number, but according to UPS, its only the label thats been created but hasnt been picked up yet...So I am not sure when will I get it...

Let us know when you receive it...

victor_vvv
I Plan to Stick Around
I ordered my white off contract on the 30th online at around 7pm PST. I haven't received any notice other than still backordered.. anyone that bought after me receive shipping notification or tracking number? For a White one.

christine97
I Plan to Stick Around

nishanaqi,

@UPS site says it was at origin scan @ 6AM this morning in Concord Ontario lol so im not sure if they are just waiting on the thing to arrive? or they have it already?

@nishanaqi wrote:

Christine, 

I ordered a white one as well and have the UPS tracking number, but according to UPS, its only the label thats been created but hasnt been picked up yet...So I am not sure when will I get it...

Let us know when you receive it...

Lotusdreamz
I've Been Here Awhile

I walked into a Rogers store in downtown Toronto to see if they have any stock in. To my surprise, the sales lady said yes but then she quickly asked "Are you a new customer or you doing an upgrade?"

I'm doing an upgrade.

She told me the phones she has in stock right now is only for new customers.

WHAT?!!

I've asked her ''how many new customers have you had today asking about the note 2?'' She said no one came in today asking for one.

This is beyond ridiculus.  Good bye Rogers. You have lost a customer today.