Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Hello Domingo

The Rogers app are, My Rogers, Rogers on Demand, Rogers One Number, Rogers One number contacts & such.

There is more.The problem is that you can not delete them or remove them unless you root the device.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

and do any of that garbage run in memory on boot, I mean in the background or only when you open it?

**edited for content**

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Domingo

All those apps are added from Rogers side. This is why when Samsung releases a update, Rogers takes months to give us the update. They want to make sure the phone works with all their apps / networks.

Also if you close the apps, then no they will not run in the back ground. The only one that will is the VVM. It does take RAM tho.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks,

I don't want any of that unrequested garbage but if it's not intrusive in anyway I might consider getting rogers version. Otherwise I might just go the unlocked route from Pacific Mall or some place. I know I can root and delete but it's been my experience that rooting is never as easy as people make it out to be and don't want to root simply to get rid of garbage bloatware.
I've Been Around

So no FM or Radio, any indication of when this/ or if this, will be added in the future. im guessing this also means that the phone is coming with 4.1? Is the multiview and fm simply disabled by Rogers?

I Plan to Stick Around

I had disabled most of the Rogers apps that came preloaded. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

How did you disable them without rooting the phone? You can not disable them or remove them without rooting the phone from what i know / seen. You can uninstall the updates but after you will be shown to do the updates.
I Plan to Stick Around

Correct. This happened to me on my S II LTE. But the Note 2 allows you to uninstall the updates then go back in to disable ALL the Rogers apps. Love it!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

That is really amazing! Now i must get that phone lol Smiley Tongue
I Plan to Stick Around

zero rogers branding too on the exterior