Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

I was really looking forward to this phone on launch day. Sadly, my buddy at a busy Rogers dealer said he didn't receive any shipments today. In fact, he told me all the managers and executives didn't even mention anything about the Note 2 during his meetings for the past week or so. He also told me that he expects a very low quantity of Note 2's on Thursday, if not next week.

Yes, let's keep our fingers crossed...
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

i pre ordered mine at bestbuy last week hoping today i'd get it. just the same as everyone else.

i know this is a long shot but perhaps maybe samsung is telling every retailer and dealer to say that the phone shipment is "delayed" when in fact it hasnt, so that people dont get their hands on one before tonight's psy gangnam style launch party in toronto. doesnt make sense if people get it before launch, so hopefully if thats the case, maybe we'll get it starting tomorrow?

I Plan to Stick Around

Any further word from Rogers stores or customers regarding the Note 2? Know anyone who actually go their hands on a copy?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I called around 7 Rogers Plus stores here in the GTA. None of them have the phones in stock & never got told anything about the launch / phones being launched. 2 stores did tell me that they should be getting some stock in within the next couple of weeks.

This is all getting tired of calling & finding out what is going on & stocks & such. I wonder like what kayceeee said is true.
I Plan to Stick Around

I just called three different stores and instead of asking for the Note 2 first, I told them I wanted to renew my contract and was wondering if they had the Note 2 in stock.  None of the stores had any in stock and neither could they give me a date on when they would get any stock. 

They all think in the next 2 to 3 weeks.  This is too much.  

**edited for content**

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB
Google Nexus 7 32GB
I Plan to Stick Around

It sounds to me like your standard situation of manufacturing not hitting their intended dates.

Since there was a lot of promotion (PSY's Toronto visit) associated with this one, it was too late to change it.

So the result is a lot of upset customers.

I don't fault them (too much) for missing their ship dates.  What I do have issue with is how it gets handled.

Instead of having people get all wound up about not being able to find the thing, they could just tell us: "Hey, the product didn't show up in time for the launch. We blame <insert token scapegoat here>.  We'll have it in-stores on November <date>."

It's easy to do, and by-and-large, people will understand.

But just saying nothing? REALLY upsets people.

I've Been Here Awhile

I've been to just about every store here in downtown Montreal and found nothing, everyone keeps saying to keep checking back later as they are expecting shipment (1 said they would not be getting it this week). I tried futureshop as well, and they told me the whole release was delayed until next week for them. Not sure if this delay was specific to futureshop or not. 

I'm Here A Lot

I don't think 

@SilverGS wrote:

I just called three different stores and instead of asking for the Note 2 first, I told them I wanted to renew my contract and was wondering if they had the Note 2 in stock.  None of the stores had any in stock and neither could they give me a date on when they would get any stock. 

They all think in the next 2 to 3 weeks.  This is too much.  

Deliveries usually doesn't happen in early morning, but around late morning-early afternoon.

**edited for content**

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello 604G1K

That is correct but the stores are advised before they get shipments. All the stores get told a day or so ahead of time.
I Plan to Stick Around

Do they get told what they are getting or just told a shipment is coming?