Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

@nishanaqi wrote:
Yeah directly from Rogers and yes the 16GB version. Haven't received a shipping notification yet but it usually takes some hours.

Alexander,
Have u received the shipping confirmation yet? Also did they give you a time frame?

Hi nishanaqi, no I haven't received a shipping notification yet, but I did receive the account "change" notice where it lists the hardware upgrade. The woman on the phone told me that it was in stock and that it should ship today and I should have it by Thursday. Hopefully Roger's computer system doesn't lie to it's call tech people 😛

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Okay so after a full day of frustrations.. Calling between several different Rogers stores and bestbuy/futureshop!, I have just gone ahead and place the order with their 1-877 line.. The girl said it normally ships 24 hours after the order has been placed.. So at most by next Monday I should have it..
To be honest each one of the reps give you different information.. So I am not really sure how much longer we have to wait for it to have it in our hands! It's sucks cuz I have literally been losing sleep countdowning to launch day! And super disappointed today! Oh well... Can't wait now! Fingers crossed!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers has been replying to mine, as well as other people's, messages on Facebook stating they will be receiving stock within the next two weeks - so don't count on getting it before then.

They have also not answered whether they will carry the 32Gig... When asked they just stated "we are only carrying the 16Gig at this time".

Stephen

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

From what I can gather the only people that have access to the phone for ordering at the moment is just hardware upgrades and no one in sales or customer service for adding lines or new activations. I have been calling for 7 straight hours and even attempted to order it online with 0 results. If anyone has ordeered it through regular sales/new activations via the phone please let me know.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

No 32/64 Gigs come on rogers first you delay the release and now this. so dissapointed.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This is really dissapointing. I've been waiting ever since the lacklustre iPhone 5 launch for the Note 2, and now it's barely available and what is available has a tiny amount of internal storage. Either Samsung and Rogers don't know what customers want, or don't care. Either way, this has left a bad taste in my mouth in regards to both these companies.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just called Rogers to see what the status of my order was since I haven't gotten a shipping notification yet and they said it didn't ship today but it most likely would tomorrow. They said that when I placed my order it went through OK, stock was there. Just sad I won't have it tomorrow and hoping that Rogers isn't lying and/or confused about this situation!

I've Been Around

Ordered today through Rogers business customer care. First the agent said it was in stock. Then put me on hold for a while and came back and said it was out of stock and would be shipped in 1-2 weeks. I didn't get an email notifcation and to be honest, I didn't get the impression that the agent had a clue what they were doing but that's not unusual with Rogers. Cancelled an iPhone 5 in the reservation system in preference for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I think it's a kind of nerdy, weird device but it fits my needs better than the iPhone. 

Don't want to derail the thread too much but in the last month or so, I have had several interactions with Rogers people, first over plan changes and then over iPhone 5 and now for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I have to say, each interaction has been uniquely appalling. Part of the reason I gave up in the iPhone after several years is that Rogers just kind of ruins the experience. I buy into the Apple ecosystem but sadly, the Apple ecosytem is wrapped in the Rogers ecosystem. 

I'm sure there are some good people at Rogers but they sure don't work on the phones or in the Rogers Plus stores. Just saying.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I placed my order this afternoon for the white 16GB model through the 1-888-rogers1 line, as a hardware upgrade. The rep on the phone was actually really helpful, though it was my third try with a rep over the phone and the previous two were awful. She did mention to me that they 'did not have any in stock' but she did tell me that there should be stock tomorrow and I should expect it to ship out within a few days. I have not received my email notification, but again I don't think I'll get one until the phone ships out, tomorrow or Thursday. She did also mention that if I went to the store and found one I could call and cancel my over the phone order.

From what I gather they are allowing people who want hardware upgrades to get the phone first, or they favour them more. When I called numerous stores today I simply asked 'did you receive any Note 2's today?' to which each person said (in similar form) 'no we did not, and we do not know when we will be getting any'...later in the day I changed my tactic and first mentioned that I would be upgrading my phone to the GN2 and the rep then told me to come in around 3 tomorrow (wednesday) and they should have some. Also, he said I should call first so they could set one aside. So, I'm going to try the store tomorrow and I'll let you guys know how my journey goes.

It's amazing how much of an egg hunt you have to go on just to get a friggen cell phone. Hope this info helps some of you guys.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Brendan8989 wrote:

I placed my order this afternoon for the white 16GB model through the 1-888-rogers1 line, as a hardware upgrade. The rep on the phone was actually really helpful, though it was my third try with a rep over the phone and the previous two were awful. She did mention to me that they 'did not have any in stock' but she did tell me that there should be stock tomorrow and I should expect it to ship out within a few days. I have not received my email notification, but again I don't think I'll get one until the phone ships out, tomorrow or Thursday. She did also mention that if I went to the store and found one I could call and cancel my over the phone order.

From what I gather they are allowing people who want hardware upgrades to get the phone first, or they favour them more. When I called numerous stores today I simply asked 'did you receive any Note 2's today?' to which each person said (in similar form) 'no we did not, and we do not know when we will be getting any'...later in the day I changed my tactic and first mentioned that I would be upgrading my phone to the GN2 and the rep then told me to come in around 3 tomorrow (wednesday) and they should have some. Also, he said I should call first so they could set one aside. So, I'm going to try the store tomorrow and I'll let you guys know how my journey goes.

It's amazing how much of an egg hunt you have to go on just to get a friggen cell phone. Hope this info helps some of you guys.

Thanks for this, most helpful. When I placed my order this morning I asked TWICE and she said it was IN stock, and it should ship today. However it didn't do so and we all know you can't REALLY trust what Rogers says since there is always conflicting information... *sigh* I don't understand why they can't get their **** together.