Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

CityTV's Breakfast Television is giving away a Note 2 as part of a contest for it's launch party with Psy. During their spiel about the contest this morning they said the Note 2 is available starting Tuesday at Rogers locations... Maybe they have an in? But we all assumed it'd be available then anyways.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So to ensure I get a copy on Tuesday, is it better for me stake out my nearest Rogers store, or am I guaranteed a copy if i pre-order with Best Buy/Futureshop?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello alucardleashed

Your best bet if you want the phone, stake outside the most popular Rogers stores. If you live in Toronto, The stores will be at Yorkmills & the Rogers Plus store downtown toronto at Bloor right underneath the Rogers Tower.

You can also go to a few Future Shop's & Best Buy's but they get their own stocks different times then Rogers Plus stores get them.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My understanding is that only the 16GB Note 2 will be available at launch. With the Android OS and other files taking up around 5GB on the internal storage, that only leaves 11GB for apps. Jelly Bean restricts apps to only install on the internal storage, meaning any additional SD cards can't hold apps. Since I'd be keeping this phone for around 2 years, that is not alot of storage for apps that are going up in size daily. Most productivity it apps aren't that big, but games and some entertainment apps can easily eat up storage.

Also, will Rogers be going the Verizon route and sticking their logo on the home button? Pease say no. Unless Rogers is giving a full warranty on the phone at no charge for 3 years, I don't see what claim they have to putting their name on the phone. They put $0 of R&D into it, and will ugly up an otherwise nice looking phone with their brand.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That's a good point... I was getting excited about tomorrow, but 16GB is kind of a let down. I think 32GB will be the minimum, but we don't when that is coming out?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've been calling around, and it seems either the Note 2's been delayed for a few weeks, or the people in the stores know NOTHING about the release date.

Honestly **** is wrong with Rogers?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I called retentions at Rogers directly to renegotiate/renew my contract (I've still got 1 year left on my current 3-year contract with an iPhone 4) and the person who renewed my contract said the Note 2 would be available at Rogers stores tomorrow.

I will call around tomorrow and see if any Rogers store near me in Oakville or Burlington has one.  If the 16GB is the only version available at launch, I will hold out for the 32 GB.

I can't wait to get this phablet!  🙂

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB
Google Nexus 7 32GB
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

A question for the crowd... I deduce that they release 16GB/32GB/64GB (etc.) versions of the same phone/tablet so that people can dial in their comfort level on cost and requirements. It's easy to talk yourself into an on-the-spot upgrade if your cost is close. But can someone please explain to me the logic in not making them all available at launch? What's the point in making people wait for the super-duper one? I'm sure the number of upgrade sales is going to be a tiny percentage. So what you're really doing is making the super-keen consumers (your "champions") unhappy with having to choose between the lower model, or having to wait. Doesn't it make more sense to release them all at once, so everyone gets what they want? (making the experience as smooth as possible) Does anyone have any insight into that one?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

A tweet from Rogers also confirmed me that they are releasing it tomorrow along with the other carriers. However the stores are not saying anything about it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@TheyCallMeDoug wrote:
A question for the crowd... I deduce that they release 16GB/32GB/64GB (etc.) versions of the same phone/tablet so that people can dial in their comfort level on cost and requirements. It's easy to talk yourself into an on-the-spot upgrade if your cost is close. But can someone please explain to me the logic in not making them all available at launch? What's the point in making people wait for the super-duper one? I'm sure the number of upgrade sales is going to be a tiny percentage. So what you're really doing is making the super-keen consumers (your "champions") unhappy with having to choose between the lower model, or having to wait. Doesn't it make more sense to release them all at once, so everyone gets what they want? (making the experience as smooth as possible) Does anyone have any insight into that one?

It's a production issue. They either make less phones but a wider range and you wait on the list for a few weeks to months OR they make more of the lower number to cover release date and reduce the wait time to get one. You have to remember this is done on production lines. You just can't say ok we do the 64GB and throw the chips in the maker bins. Change over on production lines takes minutes to hours to do.