Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

I stopped by my nearest Rogers store, and they seemed to have it in their systems. Just the 16GB, that is. From what I've been seeing on international forums, nobody's gotten 32GB or 64GB versions yet, anywhere.
I Plan to Stick Around

It's important to know that when you pre-order the Note at Futureshop or BestBuy, the prices quoted are are based on new activations only.  If you're looking to upgrade, you need to do this at a Rogers store - or through Rogers themselves.  Also, if you made a special deal with customer service to waive upgrade or other fees, you need to deal with customer service.  Stores don't have access to this information.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/samsung-rogers-samsung-galaxy-note-ii-16gb-smartphone-white-50-p...

I think 80GB on my Note 2 (16GB + 64GB SD) will get me through the next three years.   

I Plan to Stick Around

SAMSUNG CANADA LAUNCHING NOTE 2 ON ALL MAJOR CARRIERS ON OCTOBER 30

http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-canada-galaxy-note-2-gangnam-style-launch-125135/

Finally.

I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah, everyone knows that it is coming on Oct 30, but up to this morning, Rogers still haven't say anything on their website!! NO info, no pre order, no news at all. Only 5 more days left... I wonder if Rogers really going to release it on the 30th. How come Rogers suddenly ignore the Samsung phones??
I Plan to Stick Around

What the **bleep** is wrong with you Rogers you show off the crappy iphone 5 but ignor the the amazong note2 i just dont get it.
I've Been Here Awhile

Totally agree...

iPhone 5... LG... Window phones... But not Samsung....
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Definitely a big bummer that Rogers doesn't seem to care about this phone.  In my eyes its 10x more noteworthy (no pun intended) than the iPhone 5.

I'm going to be buying out my contract to do this Hardware Upgrade.  Its starting to feel like a good opportunity to jump ship.  

I Plan to Stick Around

I spoke to 4 different stores, both Futureshop and BestBuy, and they all say you can pre-order with them and do a hardware upgrade with them. The price is also for hardware upgrade.
I Plan to Stick Around

Historically Rogers hasn't released any new phone news until their competitors do, then they reluctantly admit they'll also be carrying the thing.  It's as if they're ashamed to be associated with it. (And don't blame the CSRs - it seems they're the last to find out.)

A year ago I was in the market for a new phone. I was interested in the SGS2 which was becoming a phenomenon worldwide. There was supposed to be an LTE version but rogers wouldn't admit to anything.  Then, all of a sudden, you could get on their waiting list.  Excellent! (if you wanted any information you had to visit Bell's website - Rogers.com had nothing)  But then, out of the blue, came news of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus.  The new hotness. (unveiled 19 Oct 2011)   When was it coming out?  Street dates started flying around the Internet, except for Rogers. They "don't talk about future products". But... wait a second... Rogers had barely stopped not telling us about the SGS2 LTE...  now they had a whole new phone to not tell us about.

Me? I got tired of waiting. I went with a second hand SGS2. (bought from an early adopter who was upgrading to the still-not-in-North-America "Note")   I love my SGS2 - the best phone I've ever had.

Another year has past. I was curious about the Note II. It sounds excellent. The reviews are interesting. The competition is listing it on their websites (ref: Telus).  Retail is listing it (Futureshop, et. al.).  But Rogers?  The old pattern holds true.

To summarize: While most companies try to control the message by communicating with the available information, Rogers still rides the marketing ideal of hoping the customers don't find out about it until they're good and ready to tell them.  But in 2012, when the consumers find every scrap of information and share it globally to the salivating masses eager to spend their money... perhaps the holding back idea (read: being weeks and months behind the competition) isn't the best approach? Does it seem like it's working?

I read the furor on the message boards: Rogers hasn't learned a thing in the last year. People still rant. Nothing changes.

An earlier poster got a reply from a Rogers twitter account, acknowledging that the Note II will be "arriving on October 30th" and that details will come then.

Timeline:
1) The world finds out about the Note II.  Rogers says nothing.
2) Everyone gets hyped up about the Note II.  Rogers says nothing.
3) People get really frustrated at the lack of information. Rogers says nothing.
4) Retail starts listing the Note II as being from Rogers (with wildly inaccurate pricing). Rogers says nothing.
4) The phone is about to release.  Rogers semi-publicly admits there will be some information coming soon.

I'm a LONG time customer of Rogers. I only get screamingly frustrated with them (a) if I try to use their website, or (b) if I'm trying to research my next phone.    EVERY TIME.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Dragon, you're right.  I got a different story at a Best Buy today.  They will upgrade you on a pre-order.  My bad.  The person I was talking with at F-Shop was clueless. 

I think some of the delay in putting the Note 2 on the website may be caused by the system crashes Rogers has been experiencing on their website lately.  I get errors all the time.  I called them last week, and their system was down for almost four hours.