Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Hey Winston, I get what you're saying about (trying) to keep up to date with the latest hardware.  I install servers for a living, so I understand the concept.  I'm going to wait until I can play with both phones side-by-side.  I'll occasionally be using remote support software on my phone, so for me the difference between 720 and 800 vertical pixels is a big deal.  I wish they would have kept the 1280x800 resolution for the Note 2, but since most media is being delivered in the 16x9 format, Samsung is just giving (most) of their users what they want. 

"I'm glad you see the light and you will be switching from blackberry to Android."

Yeah, this whole upgrade thing started with Rogers wanting to charge me another $45 per month to switch my BlackBerry service from BIS to BES.  That made absolutely NO sense to me, so after being a Rogers customer for over 20 years; I decided to shop around.  I have three phones and a monthly bill that was almost $400 per month.  I was about to switch to Bell, but the customer relations rep negotiated a deal with me not to switch.  It was a deal I couldn't refuse.  I'm happy they did that, but I'm still a little miffed that I was obviously paying way too much every month.  Yes, once you hold a BlackBerry Torch or Bold 9780 next to a Samsung S3 or Note, you immediately question why you've been compromising with old technology.  I've seen the light. As someone that works with Tech for a living, I'm going to have a lot of fun with Android too.

I took my wife with me, since she wanted to see the phone I keep talking about.  She's sold on the S3.  Since Rogers is in the "giving mood" to keep my business, I'm going to upgrade her phone too.  I went with that $30 6GB data plan about three years ago; I'm not sure what it costs these days but Rogers keeps trying to lure me away from it with a free rocket stick.  I'm only using about 500MB per month, but I see no reason to give up that bandwidth.  You're right about 6GB not being enough for both phone and home use, but I will be downgrading my Shaw plan once I figure out what phone I'm getting.

Thanks for posting your experience. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi mamboman,

Sorry for the late reply, the battery life on my rooted, Galaxy Note 2 (International Version) - running Custom ROM: Android Revolution HD 2.0 is getting me approx 1 Day & 18 Hours and I am still at 34% and counting down. 

I watched couple of shows on NetFlix (simpsons, south park (via US VPN bypass, which is pretty cool!), listen to MP3s, surf Facebook, Internet (such as these sites, news, sports, etc.), and send text messages.

Bare in mind that the LTE version (as I said before) will have a slight higher battery drain due to the LTE chipset functionaility. I previously had Galaxy S3, and I do miss having LTE, however, I didn't mind it for the time being.

As others have said before, it is a good idea to get Note 2 vs. Note 1. Even considering the slight pixel in resolution difference.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I really wish Rogers was a company that cared more about there customer

why is that Telus and bell already anounce the Note 2 online when Rogers keep us in the dark

Wish I get a call a one point to offer me a galaxy note 2  but I can keep wishing...

this phone will probaly beat the S3 in sales if i am right

I Plan to Stick Around

In Rogers defense, I think all major carriers are about the same in terms of customer service.  I'm excited about the new Note too, but just because their competitors have the product before they do doesn't mean anything.  You can get a call from Rogers when the Note 2 is available - just ask them to call you (that's what I did).  

I  think that Rogers customer service has actually improved over the last few years.

I'm Here A Lot

I don't think that Rogers customer service sucks, I just think that most of the time they are last inline to get any of the good phones.  Over the past 4 or 5 years that I have been with them.  If I wanted 1 of the newer top of the line handsets I would have to buy it off contract from Telus or Bell.

1.  Motorola Milestone = Telus

2.  HTC Desire HD = Telus

3.  HTC Sensation = Telus

4.  Samsung Galaxy S2 = Bell

Luckly for me I was able to buy these off contract and didn't have to wait for Rogers.

My Contract is up with Rogers is up right now.  So why buy phones off contract when I can get them cheap and then sign up for another 3 year contract. But if Rogers is going to put them out after Telus and Bell, I'm jumping ship.

All the cell phone providers will be willing to offer a comparable if not better package.

So if they don't tell us they when it's coming, Why should we stay?

Any one From Rogers want to give us some feed back on this?

Thanks Winston

I Plan to Stick Around

Seven days from official release, and still nothing from Rogers Reservation site or their main website.

I'd seriously pre-order from Best Buy/Futureshop, however, I'm more interested in the 32GB (64GB if available) model, which I would expect Rogers to carry as Telus even lists it.
I've Been Here Awhile

I am really disappointed with Rogers as well. No News is BAD News!!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

SO Rogers will release it for $199 on a 3yr term & $649.99 outright price.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/10/24/rogers-prices-the-samsung-galaxy-note-ii-at-649-99-on-a-month-to-m...
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the news! Hopefully the 32GB version (or maybe even the 64GB) will be available on the 30th, so i can just walk in and pick one up, seeing as the reservation system still don't have any Note 2 models listed.
I'm Here A Lot

Hi, that is some good info, here is a link to future shop website.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/category/monthly-plan-phones/postpaid_cell_phones.aspx?path=edf2dce08...

They show that you can Pre-Order the Phone from Roger, Telus and Bell.

But if you call Rogers and ask them about this ad, they nothing about it.  They know nothing about when the phone will be launched and I have called them 3 times.

I'm note very impressed with them at the moment.

FYI

Thanks Winston