Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

I had the same issue with not being able to preorder at bestbuy or Futureshop. Supposedly it is a problem they are working on. At first Telus and Bell didn't work and today they do but Rogers doesn't still. I am hoping that Rogers actually comes out with the 32gb also like they did with the S3

I Plan to Stick Around

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

I got a courtesy call from retentions last week offering me a Galaxy S2 for free. I turned it down, as it'd have been a sidegrade for me from my EVO 3D, but after the call I came across the Galaxy Note 2 and am very interested in it. Been waiting for Rogers to post it for pre-order so I can call and see if I can get a HUP to it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I tweeted @RogersHelps earlier, asking when the pre-order will available through Rogers. Here's the reply I got from @RogersNicolas:

Hi, the Galaxy Note II will arrive on Oct. 30th. We'll share all the details soon!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

That info was confirmed from Rogers, Bell & Telus already. Rogers does not even want to share any info unlike Bell & Telus does.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I got the same response from rogers helps a week ago. Seems they are in no rush to let thier customers know the Note 2 info. Not like telus who already has it on thier website.

I Plan to Stick Around

Preorders at Best Buy and Futureshop are now working. I just preordered mine today now. Glad they finally fixed it. Still no reservation options on rogers.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Eclipse, I'll stop by a Futureshop tomorrow and reserve mine.  I'm still considering the original Note though.

Question for folks that have the original Note, and upgraded to the Note 2 (international version), do you miss the 80 pixels (1280x800 vs 1280x720) when using a browser or reading books?  Aside from the obvious upgrades (battery, OS, s-pen, slimmer, etc), screen resolution is a big deal for me.  I know why Samsung  went to 720 pixels - mostly because apps are designed for 16x9 screens, and also to make the overall phone a little slimmer.  There are times when I think I should just take Rogers up on their offer of giving me a free original Note (they are free at Futurshop on a 3-year plan too).  Thanks for anyone posting their experience with both Notes.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Still no 32GB option, also kind of a bummer.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I swear Rogers is messing with us. They're way overdue to post Note 2 reservations, yet they instead open up Lumia 920 and HTC 8X reservations? 😛
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, they have been tweeting fairly heavily about Windows Phone stuff lately.

Doesn't matter to me now. I've decided I'd rather have a stylus-based tablet than phone. Since Rogers isn't offering the Note 10.1, I'll buy it from Futureshop or Best Buy.