Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephenced
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Thanks for the attempts to get info Mamboman. Keep us informed if you make another attempt next week.

I'm hoping they make the 32Gig (even better... 64Gig) available at Rogers.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Here is more info. Bell and Telus are at $199 meanwhile Rogers has the highest at $249. No term price is $729.99. That is WAY to expansive. Sorry but for a phone, Samsung and Apple price their phones to much..

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/10/16/samsung-galaxy-note-ii-no-term-pricing-will-be-729-99-3-year-set-a...
Lotusdreamz
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks allo! 🙂

allo
I Plan to Stick Around

You are all welcome, everyone! 🙂

I just passing on useful information.

The 64 GB versions will be delayed for a while (at least), since the Europe Version (International Version - N7100) of the 64GB variants, including the N7105 (European LTE Version) is in the same boat.

I was fortunate enough to secure the unit (N7100 - International Version) at Pacific Mall for a great price, and honestly speaking, I don't mind not being able to get LTE.

Keep in mind: LTE will have a higher battery drain on the Canadian LTE models of Galaxy Note 2 (SGH-i317).

Also, if you want to be kept in the loop of all the "awesome" features of this device, and what "developers" are going to do, especially for the International Version - take a look here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1794

There are lot of FAQs, HOW TOs, & FYIs as well. I am bit of a technical person, so, I like to customize everything whenever it is possible. The developers on the XDA website spend countless hours of their own personal time to tweak the device to the extreme, get the most possible battery life, and get rid of "garbage" (bloatware) that is loaded on the device by the carriers. They "would" prefer donations for their time, but it is something that is not mandatory, just as a good-will gesture. Most of the people who do donate are simply paying for a "beer" 🙂 ... Keep in mind, even though these are for the International Version, there will be developers for the Canadian LTE variant models as well, but it'll take some time, its worth the wait!

For example: take a look at the custom ROMs: Omega v3.0 & Android Revolution HD 1.1 for Galaxy Note 2:

Quick features include:

1. Installation is fully customizable by user and there is options to install everything and remove Bloatware,
  2. With custom Installation you take control of what is installed in your device
  3. Disabled advertisements
  4. Faster GPS lock,
  5. Fully optimized and tweaked
  6. Improved camera performance
  7. Excellent battery life
  8. Speed optimizations
  9. etc. etc. etc.

I already done these type of customization on my Galaxy Note 2, and let me tell you, I don't regret it one little bit. With regular use (lot of video streaming, music, internet surfing, etc.), my battery life is easily getting 1.5 Days Mark before recharging is needed.

If anyone is serious to do these customizations, and need a walkthough or help, I am more than willing to help, just PM for details.

Thanks! & Enjoy your Galaxy Note 2 when you all get it!!!!

alucardleashed
I Plan to Stick Around

@allo - Does the S-pen functionality still work? That's the main concern I had about using custom ROMs with this device, once I got my hands on one.

allo
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi alucardleashed,

I can confirm that it does work, no issues noted.

Thanks!

alucardleashed
I Plan to Stick Around

Awesome, thanks! I definitely will be PM-ing you then, when I receive my Note 2 🙂

allo
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi again, alucardleashed

Looking forward to helping you out.

alucardleashed
I Plan to Stick Around

Any idea what's the hold-up with Rogers accepting pre-orders/reservations for the Note 2? Hopefully they'll also have at least the 32GB variant, if not the 64GB variant.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

The hold up is that they want to release the info first before they open up the pre orders / reservations. They always do this. I would just sit tight & wait for the next few days / week for them to release some info about it. Remember they will most likely dedicate a page for it & such.