Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

After years of being a loyal BlackBerry user, i'm upgrading my Torch 9800 to the Note 2.  Sorry RIM, can't wait for BB10, and not sure if it's worth the wait anyway.  I want to use Exchange mail on my phone, and the extra $45/month premium to switch from BIS to BES (on a 6GB data plan) on my BlackBerry was the last straw.  Here's hoping the Note 2 is available at the end of the month.  Previous posters are correct, if you're buying a Note 2 outside of a Rogers upgrade, make sure you buy the LTE (N7105) version, not the 7100. Since the a 32GB GS3 upgrade price is $209, I'd assume the Note 2 upgrade price will be about the same.  I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.  Can't wait for that big screen. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Best Buy has priced the Rogers one at $249.99 on 3 year term. Most likely will change or stay that price.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/10/15/rogers-samsung-galaxy-note-ii-16gb-to-be-a-whopping-249-99-on-a-3-...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Most likely will stay at $249 (not lower) when comparing to the price of the Galaxy S3 ($159 for 16Gig).

Speculation is Telus/Bell price on BestBuy may be incorrect. Keyword: Speculation hahaha

Rogers, stop playing with my g/d emotions and release some information already...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi,

I managed to get the International Version of Galaxy Note 2 (no LTE though), but the phone is awesome!

Compared to having iPhone 5, this phone is so much better.

The International Version might lack the functionaility of LTE, however, it makes up with custom ROM development on the XDA Website, which is a plus for me. And plus: no bloatware from Rogers or anything else like that.

The battery life is awesome. With my regular use (surfing, texting, downloading, streaming netflix, etc.), I am at 20% battery life with 1 Day, 12 Hours, 33 Minutes and counting.

The Quad Core (1.6 Ghz) & 2 GB RAM is really making the phone smooth to responses, and very quick. The screen (at 5.5") is very clear and crystal.  

I was able to secure this unit from Pacific Mall for $650.00 cash, no tax, and 2 Years Global Warranty from Samsung, registered on the spot, plus called Samsung Canada to verify warranty service with Serial #, since there are lot of concerns with purchasing items from Pacific Mall & clamining warranty when needed.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi mamboman, please be advised the LTE model number for Canada is SGH-i317, not N7105, N7105 has LTE frequencies for Europe-based area only. It has been confirmed as per: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?s=6c6b19427661745fef9d127f89edfe2c&t=1892996&page=5
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

$650 at Pacific Mall? I asked around and they are all selling at $800!!

Which one did you go to? (unit #?)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi, I went to Bluewave Digital (Location: D53),

I got a deal, since I bought both Galaxy S3 & Note 2 at the same time, try to bargin with them 🙂

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Come on Rogers realease the info already i am dying to preorfer this. But wait will it be avillable in 16 and 32 gb only or will they have a 64gb version as well?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Allo.  I went into a Futureshop after seeing them available online for preorder for a $50 deposit.  Of course when I went to the store, their “system” wouldn't let the guy enter the order.  He then told me to go to the rogers store in the mall to do it, but the two girls working there were just as clueless.  One of them  told me it could only be preordered online from the rogers site.  This is not (yet) the case, and if you call rogers, no one knows anything about it.  Same experience at bestbuy - says available for preorder but they couldn't help me.  Probably still too early, I'll try next week.  I doubt this will be an iphone 5 circus event when it eventually gets released.  It's a niche phone. There shouldn't be waiting lines for it.

I'm Here A Lot

Well mamboman   

keep us informed.

I want to know when the Pre-Order is available

I bought 2 Internetational Galaxy Notes last January from Europe and I love them. (Black for me and White for the Wife).

And this is the first time I actually kept a phone for more than 6 months.

So when the Note 2 come out I'm getting another 2 phones for us.

And if there are any Rogers guys here, can some one tell me why Bell and Telus get the good phone early?

Thanks Winston