Samsung Galaxy Nexus or Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus or Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE?

Another one of my criteria has apparently been met by the Nexus - native car and desk docks, especially car.

Genuine Samsung Accessories

Samsung Galaxy Nexus Vehicle Mount - Samsung ECS-K1F8BEG

Samsung Galaxy Nexus Multimedia Dock - Samsung EDD-H1F8BEG

I'm getting a warm and fuzzy feeling, even if I have to import

TheyCallMeDoug
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks jckelly, that's super news.

I've never had an actual made-for-your-phone vehicle mount before. Then my wife got one for her Motorola Atrix, and I'm SOLD.

I wonder if Google will do a similar thing for ICS/Nexus as Motorola did for the Atrix, that being a special "Vehicle Mount Mode" which gives you big buttons for things you need while driving. (maps, navigation, music, etc.)  Has anyone heard anything?

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@TheyCallMeDoug wrote:

Thanks jckelly, that's super news.

I've never had an actual made-for-your-phone vehicle mount before. Then my wife got one for her Motorola Atrix, and I'm SOLD.

I wonder if Google will do a similar thing for ICS/Nexus as Motorola did for the Atrix, that being a special "Vehicle Mount Mode" which gives you big buttons for things you need while driving. (maps, navigation, music, etc.)  Has anyone heard anything?

Absolutely, already had all that with my Nexus One... it's built into the OS provided the phone has a way to detect that it's in a dock -- and the Nexus does.  Motorola didn't do that, Google did.

TheyCallMeDoug
I Plan to Stick Around

@jckelly wrote:

Absolutely, already had all that with my Nexus One... it's built into the OS provided the phone has a way to detect that it's in a dock -- and the Nexus does.  Motorola didn't do that, Google did.

Oh, great news - I didn't realize that it was an Android feature.

moman
I Plan to Stick Around

This image here makes the Nexus screen look quite small. Anyone know anything about that? The S2 LTE looks enormous next to it. I am personally going for the biggest screen.

http://st.gsmarena.com/vv/reviewsimg/samsung-galaxy-nexus/phone/gsmarena_009.jpg

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@TheyCallMeDoug wrote:

@jckelly wrote:

Oh, great news - I didn't realize that it was an Android feature.

One more thing... even without a dock, you can still select "Car Home" and get the larger buttons that you're describing

rnewton01
I've Been Around

that's not the galaxy s2 making it look small.. it's the Galaxy Note I believe.

moman
I Plan to Stick Around

@rnewton01 wrote:

that's not the galaxy s2 making it look small.. it's the Galaxy Note I believe.

Phew! I'm teetering between SGS2 LTE and Nexus. Most likely Nexus, although I want a new Android now!~

cabanis
I'm Here A Lot

ETA for the Galaxy Nexus in Canada is shortly after November 14th according to NCIX.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=65099&vpn=I9250&manufacture=Samsung Mobile

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around

I'd love to believe that but it's a 3rd party site, They're just placing a date which will infuse people to purchase them early considering that Samsung has stated mid-november. I really can't see Rogers getting this anytime soon but if your not willing to wait, I guess you can get it unlocked and paid outright.