Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RogersGalaxy

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RogersGalaxy

@ Mathieu what are you talking about? The Galaxy Nexus has the speeds on 21Mbps.
Device Speed (HSPA):
Up to 21 Mbps

3G is less then that & yes you might not get those exact speeds but you do get at least 7.4. I have tested it on my Galaxy Nexus..

3G speeds are around 3.5mbsp or a bit higher.

I could be wrong BUT i doubt either Google, Samsung & Rogers would lie about the speeds & which is faster.

Yes some ROMS use the H for 3G but those are just ROMS in which are modded ( i have never seen a ROM from google or any other company using H as a 3G speed.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Meowmix HSPA is a 3G technology.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3G
HSPA is also referred as 3.75G
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3.75G

My 3 year-old HTC Magic was already using the 'H' icon when transferring data on the HSDPA (7.2 Mb/s) network and the '3G' icon when no data was transferring.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yes but what you said was " H is noT faster then 3G" in which H is Faster then 3G seeing as 3G uses 3.5mb/s and H uses 7.2mb/s. Tech savvy people would say the same anyways. Yes my HTC magic had H and the speeds were more faster then my iPhone 3G.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I've checked on a friend's Android phone on Bell network and it also displays the '3G' icon when no data is transferring.
What's important is that the 'H' icon is displayed when data is transferring over the network.

So, if someone has a Galaxy Nexus (with stock Android ROM) and it's always displaying the 'H' icon, it means that data is transferring over the network all the time (probably because a rogue app) and it's definitely killing the battery life of the device for nothing.